Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been kicking around ideas in my head about what to do with my fronty for the first performance mod

ive been debating between:

jba short headers,

taking the truck to an exhaust shop and getting a dual exhaust with a 2 in 2 out muffler 2.25 in pipe (cat back most likely )

volant CAI/ nismo CAI

or a bullydog tuner

what im looking for is a noticeable gain that doesnt sacrifice low end power, like many of the CAI s that give you top end power at the expense of power below 3k RPMs. and hopefully as a result some increase in mpgs. just looking for everyones opinion on the best bang for the buck without spending more than 400 bucks. thanks for lookin

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think the general consensus will be the programmer. Your best mileage gains will be in your foot.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I agree a tune, regardless of it boing a hand held or custom like Uprev, will give your most noticeable gains for the money. After that, I do suggest you do any exhaust and intake work in tandem. If your inlet flow increases your exit flow needs to increase, and vise versa. Sometimes you can suffer in performance if only one is done. A tune however will always give you gains with basically no drawbacks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts