Nissan Frontier Forum banner

What"s the biggest tire I can run stock

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  WeRideNTruX 
#1 · (Edited)
Can I run tires any bigger than the stock 265/75/R16 without rubbing? I know they won't be much bigger, but I'm looking for anything that can give my truck a little more height without a lift kit.

#2 ·
Dang, the search feature must be disabled or something, there are a lot of repeat thread coming up.

You may be able to run a 285 if you remove the lower valance thingy and possibly trim a little (trimming prevents rubbing). You can also run a 255 but that is a little skinnier then stock so idk if that is your cup of tea.

Now, if you need more info I would suggest that you search the forum a little. You will be amazed on how much info is out there on our 5yr old trucks.

#6 ·
What do you mean rear bolt? The driver shock assembly is held on by 3 nuts on top and one bolt on bottom. There is no front and rear bolts to speak of. Now if you are talking about the bottom bolt, like Devius stated, that is TQ down a bit. Spray it with PB for a week and then use a breaker bar or a TQ gun.
lol oops...sorry thinking about a lot of things right now... i meant bottom :p

#9 ·
Are you sure? Doesn't the spacer change the orientation of the bolt pattern requiring you to clock the assembly 180deg?

I think yoiu may be thinking about the spindle since that doesn't need to be removed to install a spacer, you just need to play with the assembly a bit to get everything to fit.

#13 ·
my roughcountry spacers had to be rotated 180 and i rub w/ my 285s so i just unscrewed the corners of the valence and remolded the inner fender and its ok but still rubs sometimes so theres room for improvement still

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.