Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, trying to figure out what rear axles I have in case I ever need to replace one. Here is the tricky part though, my M226 is not stock, I replaced the c200k with it. I got in on ebay brand new. Here is all the info I have to determine what axles I need. I have pretty much determined by the date on the sticker and gear ratio that its out of a 2014 6M offroad or Pro4X. Looking on NissanPartsDeal.com nothing seems to match with those options. I dont think there are any S, SV models with lockers. I am assuming it has the left and right specific ones that are different lengths.

Frontier M226 5/20/2014
Gears - 3.69
E-Locker - yes

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
I have an S model, MT,M226. I know if you have a factory e- locker you have to change one of the axles if you go to a "Trutrac".
Mine was an open differential and used the same axles it came with when I went "Trutrac".
I ordered my truck but I thought I could get e-locker as an option. Not sure because I did not want one.
Yeah,I think you are right if you have the locker?
Are you worried you might break an axle on the trail?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an S model, MT,M226. I know if you have a factory e- locker you have to change one of the axles if you go to a "Trutrac".
Mine was an open differential and used the same axles it came with when I went "Trutrac".
I ordered my truck but I thought I could get e-locker as an option. Not sure because I did not want one.
Yeah,I think you are right if you have the locker?
Are you worried you might break an axle on the trail?
It does have a factory E-locker which makes me think it needs the different lenght axles.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it would be these

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sorry to threadjack but I have wondered if when you swap out the 200 for a m226 do you have to change the drivehaft or anything else? I have googled and searched here but never found an answer.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,118 Posts
I think it would be these

holy **** thats expensive. i picked my last one up for 150$ shipped.

Sorry to threadjack but I have wondered if when you swap out the 200 for a m226 do you have to change the drivehaft or anything else? I have googled and searched here but never found an answer.

depends on your model. some have a 4 bolt and some i think have 6? idk i have only ever had 4.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Depends what the M226 is coming out of. If your flange is 4 bolts and the m226 has a 4 bolt flange then you are good. The m226 does have different abs sensors and they are expensive, mine had them so I got lucky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts