Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow.

That is f*cking absurd on Chevrolets part. This should certainly be posted many many places. Hopefully to shame them into fixing it

·
Registered
432 Posts
That's what happens when you use blocks instead of extended shackles you get axle/*** end wrap! Bwahahaha!
Feel sorry for that dude. Looks like he has a lot of money invested in his setup just to be ruined by MPG boasting sheet metal frame.:mad:

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'd say that section of frame isn't a good place for speed holes. Second ZR2 I've seen with a bent frame on the web now.

·
Registered
726 Posts
We don't know what really happened. Maybe it's like he says, but the trailer axle looks wonky to me. I think there's a possibility that he loaded down his trailer well beyond the limit and punished it at high speed on a rough road.
2100lbs with 350lbs tongue weight. Supposedly hit a 12" deep rut at 25mph or so. Sounds like the frame rails are quite small in that section and the oval holes don't leave much material for strength.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Maybe he found a mother lode of gold in them there hills and was trying to pack it outta there without anyone noticing! :p That's the story I'm hoping is true!!! Lol

·
Registered
726 Posts
Where the rails bent they are what, 3.5" tall? then there's a 1"? hole right on through it. Not much meat there if you ask me.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Wow thanks for posting this ...I will take the ZR2 off my possibly purchase in the future truck list.

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
That does look like that spot is designed to crumple in a crash. Remember folks, ALL vehicles have designed in areas that are to fold and or crumple. This looks like an extreme case. Dude forgot he has a midsize and not a 1 ton?

Either way, it looks like he was bobbing and weaving when he should have been sticking and moving.......

·
Registered
726 Posts
There's a long road I drive a few times a year thats full of crowns and dips. You can get carried away with speed and really blow through your suspension travel because the bumps aren't harsh square hits or anything. Makes me wonder how a ZR2 would hold up towing on that road, it's really popular with boaters and campers.

·
Registered
432 Posts
There's a long road I drive a few times a year thats full of crowns and dips. You can get carried away with speed and really blow through your suspension travel because the bumps aren't harsh square hits or anything. Makes me wonder how a ZR2 would hold up towing on that road, it's really popular with boaters and campers.
Probably like a paperclip that you keep bending back & forth till it snaps in half... Same concept just larger scale.:oops::LOL:

·
Registered
766 Posts
I just read on FB last night that the Colorado guys are having a metal plate welded to the frame in this area of the frame to prevent this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts