Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:eek:ops1:

As I was reading through the "Stuck" pictures thread in OffRoad, I realized I was learning quite a bit about things I'd never really considered. Basically, things I didn't know I didn't know. It was probably one of the most informative and entertaining threads I've encountered here.

It also got me thinking about things people have done to or with their trucks that they regret or would definitely do differently if they had the chance. Or that were simply wrong and should not be repeated. Originally, I was thinking of mods and cosmetic stuff that would be helpful for new owners, but I think it could apply to almost anything.

So if you have any thoughts or experiences you're willing to put up, please do. Off course, pictures are great too. No pointing and laughing at others though.

:nana:

*Technically, I haven't taken delivery of my Frontier yet so I can't start things off - other to say I should have bought one years ago.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well little cosmetic things...basically you will accidentally make scratches and nicks when taking stuff apart and putting it back together... basically need to be very careful and work clutter free and slowly.

Also, messing with original design has negative consequences that you never realize until you already changed. For example, get rugged tires = less MPG and rougher ride; get lift and different suspension/wheels = rougher ride, noises, blah blah.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Putting anything from Calmini on it

I think my worst was as i was getting in my truck, Nizmut was pulling me out he yelled back are you ready? some one echoed it to me and all Nizmut heard was ready, and started pulling me out luckily I had the door open and could jump in and grab on..

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Joined Club Frontier.. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Buying a four banger hahaha. All I could afford out of high school though and Im proud of my XE now.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Not buying a NISMO/Pro4
(Atleast untill they get a locker for the C200K)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wishing I bought a Nismo... Didnt know they had different models at the time. And also I woulda stayed outa the damn salt water...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Same with me like 5speed_frontier. For getting a KC four banger. At the time I thought the the KC was good enough. Dang it, I want a crew cab now.

·
Registered
854 Posts
lol funny enough i wish i would of gotten the KC 2x4 and then droped the Vk56 in it...

Then maybe, just maybe i'd have a 10s sleeper :laugh:

·
Registered
186 Posts
lol funny enough i wish i would of gotten the KC 2x4 and then droped the Vk56 in it...

Then maybe, just maybe i'd have a 10s sleeper :laugh:
It's kinda hard being all the way over here in Hawaii. If I was on the mainland I would def buy Andrew's V6 he pulled out of his.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Buying a $230 piece of worthlessness called a bull bar. Shoulda went with a new bumper instead.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Basically my whole build thread... :)
funny. i read it last night. bookmarked it too. and it partially inspired this topic. not because i thought anything bad, but because so much of it was unexpected. :shock:

it left me thinking...i need to experiment more. nothing is permanent. :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
should have gotten a crew cab, but then again i wasn't exactly planning on being the .01% and having a kid 2 years ago when i got the truck (got my girlfriend knocked up while she was on birth control taking it every night at 10 pm on the dot, i made sure of that lol). the king cab is working since she's only 3 months old but as she gets bigger my cab is going to need to get bigger too lol

·
Registered
850 Posts
should have gotten a crew cab, but then again i wasn't exactly planning on being the .01% and having a kid 2 years ago when i got the truck (got my girlfriend knocked up while she was on birth control taking it every night at 10 pm on the dot, i made sure of that lol). the king cab is working since she's only 3 months old but as she gets bigger my cab is going to need to get bigger too lol
I couldnt tell the difference between Skittles and BC pills either....

1 - 20 of 64 Posts