Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I must say that the side mirrors on my 05 CC nismo are absolute shi*.

Most mirrors are built to show a wide-angle view,.. i think, thus the reason why it has a translucent print at the bottom of the mirror telling you that the objects are closer than they actually appear. . . not on my frontier, they seem MAGNIFIED.. I can't see anything through those horrible mirrors, I have to lean forward and back, left, right to see what I CANNOT see when I turn my head and look out the windows... On my rodeo, both the left and right mirrors are wide-angle view (and heated.. dang i wish i had those on my frontier, dammit nissan).

Any one know if I can just replace the glass and have a wider angle view?.. seems dangerous to me how they are right now. I let my girl friend, not girlfriend drive my truck a few days ago and also complained about my mirrors, it was the first thing she noticed, love the truck though regardless, .. that's when I realized i'm not crazy when I tell everyone my mirrors REALLY suck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I dunno my LE has heated mirrors. I don't have any complaints about the mirrors on my frontier. Drive one of those FJ cruisers and you will appreciate the mirrors on the frontier lol. Good luck on a resolution...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Yeah I have never really had a problem with mine ether. I have also drove vehicles with worse mirrors. I can see our mirrors being pure crap for towing which they are. The 4 wheel drives need to have a bigger folding mirrors like the Dodges for towing but yet we all have the same ones except for heated and non-heated. I don't where they get off giving the CC's all the heated stuff and the KC's not jack diddly crap.

·
Super Moderator
11,075 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't tell me you're one of those people who changes lanes without looking out the window. The only complaint I have is that I wish they where about an inch taller but seriously they are fine. Why is every other post you make about something that is so much better on your rodeo then your Frontier. Heated Mirrors would be worthless to me but auto dimming would be nice or auto tilt in reverse.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
had mo 05 since the first of 06 and cant say i have ever had a problem seeing with the mirrors. i have them adjusted as they should be and i can see behind me just fine. as for the heated mirrors, you can add them. there is/was a writeup in the DIY section i believe.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
my mirrors are fine as well, maybe a trip to the local optometry shack will help you out

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
I really never noticed a deficiency with the Frontier's mirrors.
But I did add a supplemental wide angle mirror as I have on most of my vehicles over the years.
Maybe that would be your answer?

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,738 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I never heard, or had this complaint. But doesnt mean it doesnt bother you. Did you buy it new or used? Maybe someone put "zoomed" in mirrors. I bet you could get replacments, and just double side tape them and see if its better before you install them correctly.

Just a thought.

I really never noticed a deficiency with the Frontier's mirrors.
But I did add a supplemental wide angle mirror as I have on most of my vehicles over the years.
Maybe that would be your answer?

Hey Todd, did you run out and snap this just for this thread????
Or did you have this "on file" just incase this subject ever poped up?

Either way WOW! Nice effort!!!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Use "The Force" Luke (er.. steve)

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Hey Todd, did you run out and snap this just for this thread????
Or did you have this "on file" just incase this subject ever poped up?

Either way WOW! Nice effort!!!
I took this last fall with all the leaves turning colors.
Originally it was posted in the "Snapshot of the day thread".
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I took this last fall with all the leaves turning colors.
Originally it was posted in the "Snapshot of the day thread".
Thanks!
Hahaha! WOW, missed the obvious RED AND ORANGE leaves! Should of seen that!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Gee... My CC definately does not have heated mirrors .. thats the only thing I am missing on this truck ...

d-mo

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,738 Posts
Gee... My CC definately does not have heated mirrors .. thats the only thing I am missing on this truck ...

d-mo
if you don't have heated mirrors, then you are missing the rear window defroster and heated leather seats too. :nana:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if you don't have heated mirrors, then you are missing the rear window defroster and heated leather seats too. :nana:
I've got rear defrost as ToddG says also :) , no leather seats, but I'm more a cloth fan anyways, couldn't tell ya why, maybe my budget. lol, time for them maxima seats, wait, nah, screw the maxima seats, i was some grand cherokee seats ... wooooot those seats are the shi*

Yeah, like mentioned in the thread, I'm sure happy I dont have the FJ's mirrors, wow. But if theres a way to get a wide-angle view type of glass replacement, wow that'd sure fix it.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
yea .. ok ..

not a big leather guy either .. hot in the summer cold in the winter ..
Anyways to the origional poster .. I would think if you took a heat gun to the surface of the origional mirrors (if not heated) they should pretty well just pop right off. We have auto glass places around here that sell any type of mirror you want, cut to specs for some pretty decient prices.

d-mo

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I have an '05 KC LE with the mirrors set to recommended specs and it does really well. I did add the small mirrors like ToddG suggested and this will help too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts