Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
haji jeep, uh uaz if i remember correctly. where is the picture taken, looks like anaconda, or one of the biap camps. i wish i coulda shoved one in the connex on the way home

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup Anaconda or Balad.. the think it cool.. and in good shape.. it belongs to one of the other branches of my company.. I wonder how much it would cost to ship it home.. I work with ITN I could get one of them to drive it down to kuwait.

·
Registered
249 Posts
isnt uaz that ex-soviet, or a russian brand?

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
reminds me of a VW Thing

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i know i've seen those before in iraq, can't tell you what the hell it is though, and yeah, they have all sorts of cool little 4x4s that i would have loved to have been able to take home with me

·
Registered
963 Posts
I think it's a Land Rover. Defender maybe? I seen a couple over here.

Also seeing that Mercedes SUV, the really expensive ones.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts

·
Banned
6,781 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
it might be a-rab made, but i doubt it. its a russky rig, pretty neat little trucks. theres a little van too. theyre pretty ugly, but capable i hear.

·
Registered
963 Posts

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah I need to grab my camera and just shoot all the odd trucks... like great wall and deer. I also like how they have hood ordements.. It was worse in Kuwait.. I think I lot of stuff here in Iraq was made for defrent markets but the stuff the looks to be made for the local market all has hood ordements.

·
Registered
397 Posts
those things are in Afghanistan too... where i was stationed in Sharana, they had like 10 of them just sitting there. couple people fixed them up and drove them around but they said police on the side of them??? if that helps? lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
I noticed quite a few nissan trucks when i was in Iraq. First time I'd seen or driven a Toyota Hilux was there. They have odd vehicles over there, especially the buses with the fold down seats. Wish I would have taken pics of all the cars/trucks that I saw there.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
tata brand is big around there. when we went to go pick our mv's up in kuwait city, we'd see new mustangs and bimmers and benzos just sittin on the side of the road. rumor was if the car broke down, they (kuwaitis) just leave it there and buy a new one. then you cross over to iraq, and you see nothin but caprices, and old vw type vehicles. oddly alot had an orange and white paint job. really strange. any of you vets ever notice that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts