Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know that this hose is supposed to connect to? Its fastened to the rear of the air box by the brake fluid resivoir. It runs to the front diff i think

Back here

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got the truck 2 weeks ago lol. Bit it is clean for a 13 with 67k miles. Thanks, that was my guess. Is it ok for it to be open? No filter or anything?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
There is a connector on the stock airbox for it to plug into. The truck most likely had a CAI on it and they forgot to plug that back into the stock air box, when they reinstalled it. Mine is sitting in the CAI air enclosure but it's not the same as a stock enclosed air box.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine has the stock air box, where's it supposed to plug into?

·
Registered
660 Posts
The stock vent is open to the air. No filter no nothing. I don't understand why Nissan did that way but they did. It's been discussed on here before. The jury is still out. Personally, I've left mine open. After 97k miles and routine maintenance I haven't had a problem. And the 4 wheel tails around here are real dusty.

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
if you're paranoid about anything getting in, you could always pop a 2-way breather filter on it just like how we do with the rear diff breather mod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts