Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I washed my 2016 frontier last night, pulled it in the garage so I can wax it today. This gummy stuff is on the edge both sides of my front windshield. I am going to scrape it off with a razor blade but it seems odd. I just want to make sure it is not part of the seal coming out. Almost has the look of a bad replacement window but I bought this new has the factory glass. Any advice

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
I have no definitive answer, but will add that by law - a dealer has the opportunity to repair any damage(s) to a new (from the factory) delivered vehicle. And, by law - they do not have to disclose these repairs.

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
It looks like urethane windshield sealant to me.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
My '10 had the same. No problems. Get a razor blade and clean it.
Come to think of it, most of the windows in my house are the same way.

Clean it, go on with life.

There is a story of someone going to a dealer to complain and the dealer said it was due to the replacement windshield the customer had installed and had it put into the record that it had been replaced and to reject any windshield issues in the future. So probably in your best interest to just clean it yourself and forget about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I work for the company that makes the oem and aftermarket glass for Nissan. The stuff coming out of your windshield is epoxy that was used for the seal on the trim at the assembly plant. Looks like the guns were not set correctly. As long as its not leaking your good. If it leaks and is a newer vehicle, I would check on a warranty claim.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
It looks like salt stain...

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts