Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,412 Posts
It activates the Flux Capacitor. Press it at your own peril, lol.

Follow the wires as I’ve never seen a switch like that. Years ago before homelink was available I put a momentary switch wired to the garage door opener which worked great and eliminates the thing clipped to the visor.

Clint

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
What is a “dead pedal”?

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
235 Posts
What is a “dead pedal”?

The footrest up against the firewall and the A-pillar on the far left. The "4th pedal" if you will.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It activates the Flux Capacitor. Press it at your own peril, lol.

Follow the wires as I’ve never seen a switch like that. Years ago before homelink was available I put a momentary switch wired to the garage door opener which worked great and eliminates the thing clipped to the visor.

Clint
Just looked under the dash and it's definitely factory, it joins into the factory harness of wires just behind it, so I can't really trace it. The homelink should be on the mirror, which I don't have... too strange.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Not factory I am sure. It may be a remote start or a GPS tracking device

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just looked under the dash and it's definitely factory, it joins into the factory harness of wires just behind it, so I can't really trace it. The homelink should be on the mirror, which I don't have... too strange.
Nope that ain't factory, just because it appears plug-n-play does not make it factory...

You bought used? GPS tracking unit? Brake Controller?

·
Registered
190 Posts
My guess would be a valet switch. Does your truck have after market locks/alarm/remote start?

p.s. like others have said that is definitely not factory, but it might be professionally installed (which is why it would tie in nicely with the factory bundle)

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Doesn't look like a brake controller. I could be dealer installed but not from the factory. Can you take a picture of where it plugs in.

·
Registered
609 Posts
My guess with the blue button could be a valet or maybe kill switch. Have a ? those holes on top does it look like anything in there that looks like a receptacle for a plug of some sort

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just took more pictures. I bought it with 180 miles on the clock. the dealership had just registered it in august, so it is technically 'used' but i'm the first personal owner. maybe it was set up to be a company truck?
No remote start, no aftermarket alarm. It does have the trailer light hookup in the back though but no brake controller that I can see.
I think you guys are right, it isn't factory, it appears to be hooked up to potentially two things, a small black box that's tie wrapped in, and some Zettler relay taped in that has some larger wires going to it, which would rule out a GPS (why would GPS need big wires? must be something that uses a load... lights?) ... on that black box wires there is a tag that says '865420' in a pic but i can't find anything on that...

ah for some reason my pics didnt attach, will shrink them down and attach them

·
Registered
660 Posts
If it were me. I'd take it back to the dealership and ask them. Then tell them to take it off. No way is that supposed to be there. But that's just me. It's interesting though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
When this baby hits 88 mph...

What are the 8 holes on top of the mystery button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the holes don't appear to be anything, just for looks?
Going to the dealership requires time. Although my leaf springs just started creaking yesterday (450 miles on the truck!?!?) so i might be taking it there anyway soon...
i'm gonna go take a closer look at that mystery black box in an hour or so and see what i can find...

·
Premium Member
6,066 Posts
This vehicle only owned/registered by a dealer? A remote start seems unusual for a dealer to install for its own use...

What is a valet switch?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts