Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonus points for photographic proof of the deed.

I will start off with a pallet of bagged mulch. It bottomed out the suspension and the kid at Home Depot loading it didn't think it would work, but by golly, every one of those 75 bags made it home safe.

And for one of the longest things I have put in the bed is a 15.5 foot Christmas tree. My lovely wife modeling next to the tree.

·
Super Moderator
10,394 Posts
I’d say a bed load of interlocking vinyl floor planking. I actually felt the load every time I started from a stop. The other time would be cases of ceramic floor tile. Both are just dead concentrated weight.

Clint

·
Registered
Great truck
1,020 Posts
for me, the heaviest was those dang cut pieces of palm tree. it sat the rear end down really low, too. I have pics but I am at work so I cannot load them but they are else where on the site, too

·
Registered
617 Posts
About 400sq feet of sod/turf, basically a pallet. Realized as we were loading it up that I was going to be in trouble. Truck looked like it was about to break.

·
Registered
89 Posts
(36) 16"x16"x4" solid concrete blocks. Total weight about 2,400lbs. I aired up my Firestone air bags to 45psi and the truck rode dead level front to back. It actually handled really well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So far just 1000lb of poultry feed. Truck did just fine with it.

Since adding aal and timbrens to the rear i'll probably use it to haul a full ton skid to see how it does.

·
Super Moderator
10,394 Posts
I prefer to use a trailer and save the truck, it can handle more weight and if it breaks the truck is still fine.

Clint

·
Registered
64 Posts
I tow a trailer for big/heavy things also, but sometimes it's not practical. Being able to swing by the Mill on the way to or from doing something else and loading a skid in the back saves a lot of time and miles.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,020 Posts
i just think about how at that weight, is the rest of the truck ok? brakes, cooling system, light weight axle assembly

·
Registered
64 Posts
i just think about how at that weight, is the rest of the truck ok? brakes, cooling system, light weight axle assembly
It's not something I would do all of the time. There is a reason I've owned an f250/350 for 25 years. This is my first "Small" truck.

At the same time it's a truck. It's a tool for me and sometimes tools break. I don't have an expectation for the truck, I'm just feeling it out to see what it can do right now.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,020 Posts
I understand. I have always been a load stuff up and see if it works. and then if it doesn't break, I am good.

now that I am older though, I don't try that way because my belief that I am indestructible has diminished. as a high schooler though, I tried it all. bungee jumping, climbing stuff unassisted, jumping off stuff that was way to high, no brakes on bicycles to reduce weight, see if we can jump the main street, all kinds of stuff that at my current age, I would not try

·
Registered
305 Posts

1200-1300 lbs centered at the tailgate plus around 200 lbs of other random crap and tools.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,394 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,394 Posts
Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I shared your great find on my Titan owners forum. There is no downside to owning these.

Clint
RIGHT?! Definitely need them for hauling big stuff like a snowmobile or pretty much any of the pics on this thread :D

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
Great truck
1,020 Posts
ha ha ha, rob is so right, ha ha ha /\

1 - 20 of 40 Posts