Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a truck from the front view when the tires poke out and look to be slightly wider than the frame. It can be an aggressive aftermarket looking stance for the truck and I am not familiar with what goes into this type of setup or if there are multiple ways to accomplish this?

Simply wider tires or something more?

I am not interested in loosing ground clearance, and am not interested in anything with extremely wide.

Thanks in advance for any advice! Post pictures if you got anything you'd like to show us! ::grin::

I included a pic to give some type of example

Attachments

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Wheel spacers would be the easiest and cheapest .
A wider stance is the direct result of longer arms which in general improves the suspension. Spacers don't.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think spacers reduce the suspension in a negative way though? Are there any spacers you would recommend? Name brand? Site that offers that brand?

Is that your truck in your avatar? Looks pretty hardcore!

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Spacers can be hard on your hub bearings and other parts, just because of the extra leverage. Be prepared for never having a clean truck again and possibly getting tickets if your wheels stick out of your fenders.

Spidertrax spacers are alright.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I run spacers made by Bora.They are more expensive than others but found them to be of high quality.
I needed clearance for my hydro bumps.Went with 1.25" but needed a bit more.1.750" now.
Yes, it's my truck. Old photo.
Forgot to mention, no spacers are used on the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spacers can be hard on your hub bearings and other parts, just because of the extra leverage. Be prepared for never having a clean truck again and possibly getting tickets if your wheels stick out of your fenders.

Spidertrax spacers are alright.

Do you have spacers?

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I have some 1.5 inch ones on my back axle, my truck is titan swapped so the front wheels are about 3 inches out from stock on both sides.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Do you have spacers?
I'm running 1.5's all around for 20,000 miles with no issues except more cleaning of the truck. Makes the truck feel more planted. Make sure they're hub and wheel centric. I got mine used from someone on this site. I think he got them at https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiajLm3lfTRAhUGl1QKHZG9CDcQFghSMAM&url=http://www.wheeladapter.com/&usg=AFQjCNGF6MA-JW0C-LXaDXhDX_Da0fDiLw&sig2=UMk2f540TiACnvh77ipCFw.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
So... like:

?

·
Registered
473 Posts
You could also swap your wheels out for a new set that have the proper offset to give you that look. A lot of people have done that with "soft 8" wheels on various trucks.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
You could also swap your wheels out for a new set that have the proper offset to give you that look. A lot of people have done that with "soft 8" wheels on various trucks.
what's a "soft 8"?

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
to OP - quick answer is "spacers, offset wheels, or longer suspension arms" in order of $$.

Super old school
Agreed, I had a set on my old Toyota T100 and I thought they looked pretty good. I like my factory wheels pretty well though so I will probably stick with them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What offset do you recommend? I believe the stock offset is 12, for my 16x8 wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
What offset do you recommend? I believe the stock offset is 12, for my 16x8 wheels.

​If you're on stock Pro-4x wheels, it's 16x7” with an offset of +30mm.

·
Registered
477 Posts
So it is confirmed that the Cragar Soft 8 16 inch wheels clear the V6 front brakes ok? I know its been an issue on some of the other 16 inch steel wheels in the past?

·
Registered
190 Posts
So... like:

?

So what's that on yours? I'm assuming wheels and not spacers. So is it the equivalent of a 1.25" or 1.5" spacer/adaptor? I can't decide which size I want to put on my stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
So what's that on yours? I'm assuming wheels and not spacers. So is it the equivalent of a 1.25" or 1.5" spacer/adaptor? I can't decide which size I want to put on my stock wheels.

it's a combo - wider wheels and slightly wider tires from stock. Those are 16x8.5 -6, comes out to about a 1.4" difference per side; more info if you click the photo.

·
Registered
190 Posts
it's a combo - wider wheels and slightly wider tires from stock. Those are 16x8.5 -6, comes out to about a 1.4" difference per side; more info if you click the photo.

Ha! I didn't even know it was a link. I actually should have looked myself. I have your build bookmarked. Already used your how to for the flip key and will use it again for the White Rhino bar I just ordered.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts