Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out today, after driving through some puddles, that there's a crack in the housing of my stock air intake, so I figured, I might as well upgrade if I'm going to be replacing it. But, I do a decent amount of off-roading, so I want to make sure that it's still sealed off from dust and dirt and water, and such. But I don't know a whole lot about intakes and such, so I figured I'd come to y'all for advice.

Thanks in Advance,
KB3UBW

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked through that, but the majority of that is close to 4 or 5 years old now, with a decent amount being even older than that, so I figured the availability of intakes would've have changed since then, seeing as the vast majority of that thread happened before my truck was even manufactured. If I'm incorrect then I'll take my lumps, but I was looking to see if people on here had any new/more recent advice, since that thread

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
I looked through that, but the majority of that is close to 4 or 5 years old now, with a decent amount being even older than that, so I figured the availability of intakes would've have changed since then, seeing as the vast majority of that thread happened before my truck was even manufactured. If I'm incorrect then I'll take my lumps, but I was looking to see if people on here had any new/more recent advice, since that thread
No worries... just remember that this platform has been around since 2005, most of what could have been done to/for it has been done already.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
... so I figured the availability of intakes would've have changed since then...
if only that were true... if anything aftermarket suppliers are drying up... won't see much in performance without a tune, important feature is it seals against the stock opening in the fender for cold air. example is AFE... K&N heatshield seems to seal fairly well... what you don't want is a short-ram style with a filter just hanging out in the engine bay...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Get a snorkel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just bought a used airaid off of a member here and love it. It replaces the mass air flow sensor tube, has a heat shield and uses the stock fender hole very well. Mine is moded a lot but I didn't like too many other options. It is true that even though my truck sounds amazing at open throttle, not much of a power difference. Maybe slightly better mpg but I have bigger tires so no way to actually tell.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
The recommendation I was given by Nisstec is the Volant intake setup, I plan to install a snorkel in the future, they said the Volant and Airflow snorkel were the best route to go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts