Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to see what everyone has towed with their frontiers and how they did towing it. Please specify weight and length of trailer. All years welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I added a pair of 1500 helper springs...

I have towed an easy 1.5-2 tons of weight in my 6x12 trailer. It was no trouble at all. The most I have done was in one haul. I had a ton in bed and ton on trailer. It was nothing for my baby. She was fine. Hope this helps. No sag in rear either because of helper springs. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This probably isn't quite what you were asking for, but I'll include it for grins anyway... :lol:

I pulled a couple of toppled trees (compliments of hurricane Rita) off of my fence and shed. 4-wheel low and the electronic locker did an awesome job!

Other than that, all I've towed is a small trailer with a 4-wheeler. When it warms back up I'll tow our boat (19' Ranger Reata).

-Scope
'05 4x4 NISMO CC

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any and all stories are welcome. You never know what might help someone else. Keep it up! Oh yeah, if you can include what year, 4x2/ 4x4 yourfrontier is, that helps too. :lol:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I tow a 5x10 enclosed cargo trailer very often.It is usually loaded with 300-400 lbs.There is usually 100-200lbs. in the bed of the truck also.

Once,I put a cubic yard of gravel in the truck,AND a cubic yard of gravel in the trailer at the same time.That sagged the rear of the truck alot,and the trailer load was pretty heavy,too.I went 35 miles,up and down FL hills(not steep,duh)without any trouble.I had no problem going 65 mph cruising.The AFE intake was roaring under a load. 8)

I also have a car dolly to rescue my other car (2500lbs.) if or when it breaks down, that I will tow eventually......hopefully not soon :wink: I am sure it will tow fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
04' CC SB LE-V6 2WD I have towed a open 6X12 trailer with a fridge, couch, one loveseat, headboardt, footboard, 2 matresses, 2 box springs, two middle size armoires, one tall boy, two small end tables, one center table, ramdom stuff (vaccumm, lamps, stereo, etc) between spaces in trailer and bed.

The truck's rear end moderately lowered and was not the fastest but it did execptionally well, I was very surprised at the torque it had off the line even being loaded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts