Nissan Frontier Forum banner
44421 - 44440 of 44518 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Frontier Pro4x
18 Posts
Just curious... is that an AVS bug deflector on the front?
It is. Sorry I somehow missed that you asked that in the previous comment. Here is a clearer photo of it right around the time it was installed. Has held up real well, not as fancy as the ones they make for the tacomas though.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
392 Posts
Duly noted! I made modify it slightly to hold a small hard case that'll be able to hold my recovery gear so it's always easily accessible. Let you know what I come up with, you might be able to use it for future designs.

Hope you're doing well man!
Sounds good brotha. I haven’t forgotten about your side protection. We racked up a mock-up but I didn’t think it had enough coverage for your truck with a body lift. Plus there was a issue with trying to find a second attachment point. Stay tuned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Skinny06

·
Registered
4,107 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
200 Posts
Front end alignment and steering wheel recentered.
Oh, that can make a much bigger difference than most folks think, especially those of us with a little OCD...

I recently rotated tires, and ended up with a very slight vibration around 70mph. It drove me crazy, but got tires balanced yesterday, and all is well again...

🙂

·
Registered
144 Posts
Installed distributor and timed engine. In the future I'm going to price out aftermarket exhaust system (Any suggestions?)
Ebay headers aren't really worth the time and effort. Don't imagine that the more expensive Doug Thorleys would be much better either. I haven't looked into header back exhaust yet, but that's probably where you'll get better sound and it will surely be easier to do than headers.

I just got done replacing 4/6 header flange nuts that had rattled off since install. Word to the wise: use thread locker or replace the nuts that come with the Ebay headers with lock nuts.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,974 Posts
Oh, that can make a much bigger difference than most folks think, especially those of us with a little OCD...

I recently rotated tires, and ended up with a very slight vibration around 70mph. It drove me crazy, but got tires balanced yesterday, and all is well again...

🙂
Yeah I need to do that again. :-/

·
Premium Member
2019 Black PRO-4X 6MT
589 Posts
Swapped to Michelin Defender LTX M/S 265/70R17. Still running the 17" Nismo rims. Went up 4 mpg on the highway and they roll unbelievably smoothly. I don't think I'm going to regret this swap. I loved the way the General Grabber ATX looked but these tires just make more sense for me. Speedo reads perfect still so they are true to size.

Build thread post here for more pics.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Car
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2019 Black PRO-4X 6MT
589 Posts
Put front on ramps to purge the air from cooling system cause I had no heat at idle, added 1/2 gallon of coolant by the time I was done, the night before a 2200 mile road trip, thanks to the stealership not doing it right when coolant change was just done. 🤬
Don’t need to do any of that, just add some coolant to the de-gas bottle (reservoir), and it will work the air out itself. Basically leave the radiator alone.

·
Premium Member
2019 Black PRO-4X 6MT
589 Posts
I'm always inclined to reserve judgment until upwards of 10,000 miles, I've found that most tires seem great when they're brand new.
I agree with you, I'm not going to tell you how awesome these tires have been for me when I've driven them 30 miles. Although my last tires were still good at even 10K as well but went relatively downhill around 15, so that can be misleading still too.

For this specific instance though, I was mostly speaking from the mpg and smooth road feel aspects, comparatively with those same initial qualities of the previous tires when they were also new. Who knows how these will be later on but initial impressions on these are better than initial impressions of my last tires, so I'm just making a prediction based on the first things I've seen. We'll see, they get good reviews overall for long term from most people. There are people who take them to 100K and still have adequate tread left, so hopefully I am one of them.

44421 - 44440 of 44518 Posts