Nissan Frontier Forum banner
44221 - 44240 of 44284 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
208 Posts
I was looking for a quick easy way to mount a shovel for a trip to great sand dunes and Medano pass. I had some extra spring nuts for the utili-track, and I noticed that heavy duty Simpson strong-ties are just the right size to sit over the tracks. The large holes in the ties are just the right size for the spring nut bolts, and there are small holes that you can attach quick fists to. I put some large washers between the ties and the tracks, but honestly I’m not sure they were necessary. I drove over some pretty rough roads last week and this ended up being pretty solid, the shovel Never budged. It has to be the heavy duty Simson ties, on the regular ones the holes are too small and they’re also probably too flexible. I ended up never needing the shovel but I felt better knowing it was there driving though the soft deep sand!

View attachment 336983 View attachment 336984 View attachment 336985
What are these "Simpson Ties" you speak of, got a link to them?

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
1,032 Posts
Installed PowerStop Z23 kits front & rear. Nice improvement.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Replaced the front grill with glossy black on my 2020 PX4, looks like this on the left, but the grill matches the paint.

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Replaced the front grill with glossy black on my 2020 PX4, looks like this on the left, but the grill matches the paint.

View attachment 337070
Also received but haven't yet installed the OEM running board you see on the left pic. I went with those because my stepfather is 86 and they also match the roof rack.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Also received but haven't yet installed the OEM running board you see on the left pic. I went with those because my stepfather is 86 and they also match the roof rack.
Also bought the Midnight front Nissan logo but decided it didn't work on my truck. If anyone is interested let me know.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Alldogs Offroad UCAs installed and alignment.
I have these too and they're beefy and don;t make any detectable noise / squeaks. If you're on the fence about making the purchase, just mash the Buy It Now button.

·
Premium Member
2019 Black PRO-4X 6MT
427 Posts
New OEM hood guard & finished up my tow wiring. Factory relay harness under the kick panel, Hopkins 43534 for the trailer hookup which is a plug and play 4 way & 7 way combo connector made for Nissans. Of course, since I bought the factory tow wiring kit and didn't use the trailer plug, I now have a factory 7-way for sale. Yay.

I like how the dark hood guard is practically invisible on the black truck. You barely even know it's there, yet it's providing the protection it should.

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
1,032 Posts
New OEM hood guard & finished up my tow wiring. Factory relay harness under the kick panel, Hopkins 43534 for the trailer hookup which is a plug and play 4 way & 7 way combo connector made for Nissans. Of course, since I bought the factory tow wiring kit and didn't use the trailer plug, I now have a factory 7-way for sale. Yay.

I like how the dark hood guard is practically invisible on the black truck. You barely even know it's there, yet it's providing the protection it should.

View attachment 337120 View attachment 337121
Yes mine does a great job.

·
Premium Member
2012 Crew Cab S 4x4,
150 Posts

View attachment 337120 View attachment 337121
even when I zoomed in I can hardly see it, Nice

44221 - 44240 of 44284 Posts