Nissan Frontier Forum banner
44061 - 44080 of 44101 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Do those Toyos look pretty aggressive on there? I was looking at pirelli scorpions as I do alot of highway driving, or good ol bfg's.. I like the duratracs too but I think theyd be a bit noisy on the pavement. Trying to keep a somewhat aggressive look while not sacrificing too much comfort.
This is probably a foot away. Yes they have a mildly aggressive look, i think? Ride quality, handling is excellent. Grip is excellent. We went thru a torrential downpour in Western ok coming back from Colorado and i never felt unsafe.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I installed hella sharptones and an abs bypass relay and switch. Now I can honk and stop off-road
That's funny, I just did Hellas too. I got the yellow-housing and sprayed them red before installing.

Reactions: Bamps

·
Registered
644 Posts
Serviced the front and rear diff along with the transfer case. Took the truck out for a short drive. Went in and out of 4L and 4H with no problems. Truck runs great. It should it has less than 30K on it.

·
Registered
2018 NISSAN FRONTY PRO-4X CCSB 4.0L
27 Posts
Do those Toyos look pretty aggressive on there? I was looking at pirelli scorpions as I do alot of highway driving, or good ol bfg's.. I like the duratracs too but I think theyd be a bit noisy on the pavement. Trying to keep a somewhat aggressive look while not sacrificing too much comfort.
Check out the Firestone Destination X/T's
I have had a set on for nearly a year now and they ride great, with only a little noise on the highway.
They have handled the snow and ice very well, and performed better than I expected in the rocks/sand/gravel and mud that I drive through nearly weekly

·
Registered
2018 NISSAN FRONTY PRO-4X CCSB 4.0L
27 Posts
I really suck at electrical and I am color impaired. that's why my son did it for me. we did it ourselves tho and we used the stock switch as well.
I have been looking for the link to the wiring diagram for this mod for a while.
I had it saved to my old work computer but it died on me and I lost some of my photos.
any chance anybody has a link to the wiring diagram?

·
Registered
2021 Pro 4x
69 Posts
So far on 2021 p4x

Added trifold tonneau cover. Cheap Amazon brand. Don't want to shovel the snow out of the bed all winter.

added a stubby antenna(don't use radio much and I drive a lot of woods roads, the stock antenna hits overhanging branches)

Axel vent mod - all dogs off-road remote kit

·
Registered
374 Posts
Check out the Firestone Destination X/T's
I have had a set on for nearly a year now and they ride great, with only a little noise on the highway.
They have handled the snow and ice very well, and performed better than I expected in the rocks/sand/gravel and mud that I drive through nearly weekly
Those were my next choice. I think either one is a good choice.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I'm curious what the theory is on this, how it works.
The theory is condensing oil and water vapour trapped in the PCV gas stream before it reaches the intake and goes through the engine. In DI turbo engines, these can be very effective as turbo's tend to be "dirty" in their blowby and PCV contamination levels. I had one I installed on my 2008 Cooper S DI turbo, that had a vertical sightglass to see the level of liquid collection. For the new DI Nissan 3.8's they may have some effect, hard to say, IMHO a non DI engine's benefit will be marginal.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Replaced my well overdue rear brake pads and rotors. Also found out I need new parking brake shoes. so that is next on the list and an oil change at the end of the month.

·
Registered
2012 CC SL LWB (Black) 3rd Owner
6 Posts
Sunday I tried the heat gun on the rear bumper pads it worked for how long dont know Its parked under a shelter and I dont drive it much. Yesterday I put in my new Smartliner mats. I also cleaned up the tail pipe tip, and found two bumper bolts loose so I tighten them up while I was there.

44061 - 44080 of 44101 Posts