Nissan Frontier Forum banner
44041 - 44060 of 44101 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Installed the cam bolts on Tuesday, took it down for an alignment yesterday. Even though it was "in spec" after installing the leveling kit, drove fine, and the tires were wearing good the positive camber was noticeable by eye. It does seem to drive a little better now, we'll see how it compares on my normal daily commute.

Almost done getting the truck prepped and checked out before a trip next month - will be towing a small bumper-pull camper to Zion and Bryce Canyon for a week. Really needing this trip, COVID screwed up our 2020 and 2021 vacation plans.:mad:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Installed some Carhartt Precision Fit seat covers. They weren't cheap, but they fit well and (I think) look really good. These seat covers have a foam backing, so they aren't washable.

View attachment 335492
My FIL has those in the 1 ton oilfield truck and have held up well to the grease and crude and other gunk, boxes and heavy metal tools being on them occasionally. Fitment is excellent as well.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hefty's is outstanding. I got a steel radiator skid gifted to me so hey, free is free, all in, so that's mounted to take any initial bashes but the rest of my stuff is Hefty alumimium, couldn't be more pleased, slid right into place, didn't have to massage any mounting holes, takes a lickin and keeps on tickin, and only 36# all-up. What more can you ask for?
And mine have a few marks now as well, courtesy of fire & lumbering roads in Maine.
Thatd be sweet to get free hefty stuff. I had to massage one bracket a hair but wasnt a problem. Have a receiver mounted vise mounted onto my SxS used to lift bumper in place, so I just put bracket in there and wallered a hole out and bingo. I was really nervous when I hit the rock and dirt but it handled it just fine. I have a 12k winch from tractor supply (bought for the icepocolyps we had in feb but never got to use it) that I want to get mounted but am a little nervous about a winch on an aluminum bumper.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Thatd be sweet to get free hefty stuff. I had to massage one bracket a hair but wasnt a problem. Have a receiver mounted vise mounted onto my SxS used to lift bumper in place, so I just put bracket in there and wallered a hole out and bingo. I was really nervous when I hit the rock and dirt but it handled it just fine. I have a 12k winch from tractor supply (bought for the icepocolyps we had in feb but never got to use it) that I want to get mounted but am a little nervous about a winch on an aluminum bumper.
If Hefty rated it for a winch, it'll be fine. Their stuff is well-engineered and well-built, so I'm sure it's been tested before this.

Reactions: dh357

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nice! Would you mind posting a link to the F150 tie downs? I did a quick search, but I guess I'm calling them the wrong name.
Here you go. These are the ones I got.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If Hefty rated it for a winch, it'll be fine. Their stuff is well-engineered and well-built, so I'm sure it's been tested before this.
I know its more of an aluminum will handle that? kinda thing. Everything i found on heftys stuff was top notch.

·
Registered
2013 SL CC 4x4
12 Posts
Upgraded from stock, bilstein 5100s all around. Rear lift shackles with general springs hd springs. Rides much better. 1.5" lift. Added Katana LEDs and fogs. Mudflaps. Front tint to match the rear factory privacy glass. Will be looking for slightly beefier tires next on the 18s.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Before

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

After

·
Registered
60 Posts
Was able to salvage the tow-hook thread that had stripped installing the heftyfab skid with a timesert today. Those things are lifesavers. Had to step up the frame collar a tiny bit so that I could seat the timesert properly, but other than that installation is a breeze. You simply drill out the m12x1.25 hole, tap new threads for the timesert to seat into, screw in the timesert with the installation tool until it properly seats and voila, as good as new. It held the full 80ft/lbs no problem. Highly recommend if you ever have to restore frame member threads that have to hold a bunch of torque.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Changed the oil, filter and cleaned both K&N filters also rotated the tires. 190,050 Miles
Sent in an oil sample to Blackstone. Last two times I had a very high sodium count that they attribute to coolant, but have had absolutely no coolant loss. Interested to see how this report is.
Put a bolt on the AC door finally like others on here have done. The clip broke about 10,000 miles ago.

Looked for a few hours trying to locate something that's rolling around what sounds like a marble in the air ducts. Can't find it and it's driving me crazy.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Will be looking for slightly beefier tires next on the 18s.
I highly recommend Toyo Open Country A/T³ tires. I put a set on in late May early June, took a 1700 mile road trip about a month later. Truck road great, handled very well pulling trailer, we had torrential rainstorms in western ok and they handled great. In the rv park my inlaws stayed at i never needed 4wd to climb steep hill gravel hill getting to their camper with trailer and side by side in tow.

·
Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
146 Posts
Changed the oil, filter and cleaned both K&N filters also rotated the tires. 190,050 Miles
Sent in an oil sample to Blackstone. Last two times I had a very high sodium count that they attribute to coolant, but have had absolutely no coolant loss. Interested to see how this report is.
Put a bolt on the AC door finally like others on here have done. The clip broke about 10,000 miles ago.

Looked for a few hours trying to locate something that's rolling around what sounds like a marble in the air ducts. Can't find it and it's driving me crazy.
Hope you find it. A buddy of mine bought a new brand x grocery getter a few years back. He kept say it sounded like it had a ball bearing rolling around in the unibody. He finally took it back to the dealer. They tore it down pretty far and found... a ball bearing rolling around in the unibody. 🥴

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Hope you find it. A buddy of mine bought a new brand x grocery getter a few years back. He kept say it sounded like it had a ball bearing rolling around in the unibody. He finally took it back to the dealer. They tore it down pretty far and found... a ball bearing rolling around in the unibody. 🥴
THANKS,

I removed as much as I wanted to. Wanted to redo some car stereo wiring I did before hoping it would just be a screw or whatever in the vent. Every time I make a right turn you hear what sounds like a marble somewhere. Was able to take my flex magnet all the way thru from the center of the vent to the door on both sides. Took a wire coat hanger thru the defroster vents and couldn't feel anything in there. I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
2020 SV Crew
106 Posts
I had a sound like that and it drove me crazy. Turned out it was my sunglasses in the overhead console and it really sounded like it was in the dash.

·
Registered
2013 SL CC 4x4
12 Posts
I highly recommend Toyo Open Country A/T³ tires. I put a set on in late May early June, took a 1700 mile road trip about a month later. Truck road great, handled very well pulling trailer, we had torrential rainstorms in western ok and they handled great. In the rv park my inlaws stayed at i never needed 4wd to climb steep hill gravel hill getting to their camper with trailer and side by side in tow.
Do those Toyos look pretty aggressive on there? I was looking at pirelli scorpions as I do alot of highway driving, or good ol bfg's.. I like the duratracs too but I think theyd be a bit noisy on the pavement. Trying to keep a somewhat aggressive look while not sacrificing too much comfort.

·
Registered
2012 CC SL LWB (Black) 3rd Owner
6 Posts
Not Sure if this is a right way to post still learning this site, I repainted the back bed several weeks ago, this weekend I decided to remove the bed floor utili track cause I dont see myself using it and seems to hold debris up against it. So I painted the area where they were. I found some plugs in my shop for those big holes.
The plugs came off my Chevrolet 1500 from the rockers on the underside, I had removed them for nerf bars, they were a good fit on the Frontier. I looked up the GM part number 95984307 if any body is interested ( I think thats it) But you might could find some at a junk yard. Also found some push pins at Napa for the bolt holes, they worked real good , they only had 11 in the pack it was like 5 and some change. But I need one more so I'll get another pack I have a use for them on my dune buggy to.
Water Wood Textile Sleeve Grey
Outerwear Automotive tire Automotive lighting Sleeve Helmet
Font Automotive tire Material property Rectangle Gas

·
Registered
2017 Frontier SV V6 4x4 auto, CC
72 Posts
Do those Toyos look pretty aggressive on there? I was looking at pirelli scorpions as I do alot of highway driving, or good ol bfg's.. I like the duratracs too but I think theyd be a bit noisy on the pavement. Trying to keep a somewhat aggressive look while not sacrificing too much comfort.
I was contemplating the Toyos and the Scorpions. I just purchased Nokian Rotiiva AT's from Discount Tire, they are on backorder and now I'm seeing their instant savings on all the other AT's! Maybe I should cancel and get something different...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Almost all the hospitals along the Front Range are full right now, can't believe people actually think this stuff is fake. I hope you get well soon.
Goin to the VA monday morning 8:00 for shot #3, no way I'm takin any chances. Get those monocronal 's if you come up positive, they work well if taken early enough.

44041 - 44060 of 44101 Posts