Nissan Frontier Forum banner
44021 - 44040 of 44101 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just recently got a lot of work done on the truck.
Installed a new sony stereo with apple carplay to replace that awful factory stereo. Replaced all door speakers, installed an under seat subwoofer and reverse camera. Then also installed an auxiliary relay/fuse box in the engine bay with 6 corresponding switches built into glasses holder in the overhead compartment for when I’m ready to throw all sorts of light bars on it.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,005 Posts
Finished transforming a utility trailer that was given to me so that I can pull a quad for hunt season later this month. It was in rough shape when I got it, but a little time, some new steel to get it the way I want it, and a whole bunch of Tremclad paint later - it is a practical utility trailer once again. It needed more tongue weight, it was bouncy before so the Jerry Can boxes will help with that issue.

The day I got it

In the shop on Saturday for round 2 of getting the way I want

Here's what it looked like prior to my welding on Saturday, figured I should add some Frontier content. ;)

·
Premium Member
13,443 Posts
My husband and I took an impromptu Labor Day trip to Virginia Peak, which is a big mountain with a bunch of radio towers. It was death by GPS - instead of researching routes ahead of time, we stupidly followed Google Maps’ directions, which took us on a Jeep trail. We started the journey with my truck and my husband’s modified Crosstrek, but the trail ended up being too much for the Crosstrek, so my husband parked it and hopped in with me. There are supposed to be killer views, but it was super hazy from wildfire smoke. We’ll have to go again after the fires stop burning.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Went out on our land after working on a well and slid down into a rut and thud. Hit aluminum rad skid on dirt and rocks. First thought was crap shoulda bought steel. But it held up good, didn't bend one bit and it felt like a solid thud so I'm even more happy with the hefty stuff. First scuff of many I'm sure.
View attachment 335350 View attachment 335351
Hefty's is outstanding. I got a steel radiator skid gifted to me so hey, free is free, all in, so that's mounted to take any initial bashes but the rest of my stuff is Hefty alumimium, couldn't be more pleased, slid right into place, didn't have to massage any mounting holes, takes a lickin and keeps on tickin, and only 36# all-up. What more can you ask for?
And mine have a few marks now as well, courtesy of fire & lumbering roads in Maine.

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
1,008 Posts
My husband and I took an impromptu Labor Day trip to Virginia Peak, which is a big mountain with a bunch of radio towers. It was death by GPS - instead of researching routes ahead of time, we stupidly followed Google Maps’ directions, which took us on a Jeep trail. We started the journey with my truck and my husband’s modified Crosstrek, but the trail ended up being too much for the Crosstrek, so my husband parked it and hopped in with me. There are supposed to be killer views, but it was super hazy from wildfire smoke. We’ll have to go again after the fires stop burning.

Crosstrek looks cool. Is that a Subaru?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Crosstrek looks cool. Is that a Subaru?
Yep it's a Subaru. Folks have started gotten to making them off road capable again. Regular guys haven't done that since about the 80s but it's become a thing again. I had an old GL wagon that had two bolts in the front and adjustable motorcycle type shocks in the back you could put a pretty solid lift on it OEM. It had a two speed transfer case and the four-wheel drive engaged the rear wheels. Shockingly capable, unstoppable in the snow, used to carry a rubber mallet with me to bang the floorboards back in shape. LOL there's one of these new ones riding around my neighborhood right now with Bfgs on it. Pretty cool stuff.

Reactions: Krons

·
Registered
60 Posts
Finished wiring up the foglights today (needed some extensions for their new loc) and doing some final measurements I noticed I was off a 1/4" on the new bumper alignment. Got that straightened out ... then I dropped all the skids and antiseized all the skid bolts (dropped torque by 30%) because I kept having nightmares about busting any more frame nuts in the future.

Tried to fix the threads the one frame nut that got stripped with a thread-restorer, but no luck. So next step is to drill it out and put a m12x1.25 time-sert in there instead. A buddy of mine says he's had great luck with torque-preserving thread fixes in engine blocks using time-serts so we'll give that a go before anything else.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Yep it's a Subaru. Folks have started gotten to making them off road capable again. Regular guys haven't done that since about the 80s but it's become a thing again. I had an old GL wagon that had two bolts in the front and adjustable motorcycle type shocks in the back you could put a pretty solid lift on it OEM. It had a two speed transfer case and the four-wheel drive engaged the rear wheels. Shockingly capable, unstoppable in the snow, used to carry a rubber mallet with me to bang the floorboards back in shape. LOL there's one of these new ones riding around my neighborhood right now with Bfgs on it. Pretty cool stuff.
I had an '87 Subaru GL Wagon that was unstoppable in the snow and ice. I remember stopping on a steep icy hill to avoid cars that were sliding backwards down the hill, then I just kept going without spinning a wheel. I also ended up driving a lot of people around during a heavy snow storm when everyone else was getting stuck, and never had a problem. Really great car.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I had an '87 Subaru GL Wagon that was unstoppable in the snow and ice. I remember stopping on a steep icy hill to avoid cars that were sliding backwards down the hill, then I just kept going without spinning a wheel. I also ended up driving a lot of people around during a heavy snow storm when everyone else was getting stuck, and never had a problem. Really great car.
So Eric, if you'd charged anyone to drive them around while it was snowing, you actually invented Uber. :cool:
Also I think it was you that mentioned it might be possible to shorten my LED light strips in the truck bed, and it indeed it is, and was, I did them on Monday and came out great. Kudos.

Reactions: erturne and Zedbra

·
Registered
805 Posts
Also I think it was you that mentioned it might be possible to shorten my LED light strips in the truck bed, and it indeed it is, and was, I did them on Monday and came out great. Kudos.
Nice job on shortening the LEDs.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Installed some Carhartt Precision Fit seat covers. They weren't cheap, but they fit well and (I think) look really good. These seat covers have a foam backing, so they aren't washable.

View attachment 335492
Those fit nice! A lot better than the cheapies I bought a while back. Are they airbag compliant?

Reactions: erturne

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Installed some Carhartt Precision Fit seat covers. They weren't cheap, but they fit well and (I think) look really good. These seat covers have a foam backing, so they aren't washable.

View attachment 335492
Sharp. They look to fit quite well.

Reactions: erturne

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
One of my customers picked up a Wilderness edition Outback two weeks ago, next day ordered a different lift to add another 1.5”, different skids, and a bunch of other mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
I did a couple small things. I wanted a car wash friendly antenna so I found a stubby that should fit the bill. Reception is still pretty good for the stations I listen to (all FM by the way).

I also wanted some permanent tie down points, but the Nissan ones seemed very expensive for what they were. I found some on Amazon made for a Ford F-150 that had the right spacing from center to center on the holes. They need to be drilled very slightly larger for the 8mm bolts, but they are pretty beefy steel and look good, and at less than $10 for 4 it was worth a gamble. The stainless steel bolts cost more than the tie downs.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I did a couple small things. I wanted a car wash friendly antenna so I found a stubby that should fit the bill. Reception is still pretty good for the stations I listen to (all FM by the way).

I also wanted some permanent tie down points, but the Nissan ones seemed very expensive for what they were. I found some on Amazon made for a Ford F-150 that had the right spacing from center to center on the holes. They need to be drilled very slightly larger for the 8mm bolts, but they are pretty beefy steel and look good, and at less than $10 for 4 it was worth a gamble. The stainless steel bolts cost more than the tie downs.

I ordered the oem ones off amazon but agree theyre a litttle pricey. I like have the permanent tie downs plus the utilitrak is a great way to secure stuff.

·
Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
146 Posts

Nice! Would you mind posting a link to the F150 tie downs? I did a quick search, but I guess I'm calling them the wrong name.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Dropped off some custom height bed bars from Heavy Metal Offroad at the powdercoater. Hopefully have them back in a couple weeks and then measurements to figure out a hardshell rtt will begin. Still hoping to get a few more trips into the mountains before the snow this year, hopefully back out to moon rocks, but who knows. Schneider springs fire is pretty big still

44021 - 44040 of 44101 Posts