Nissan Frontier Forum banner
43,421 - 43,440 of 49,002 Posts
I just finished 2 of the many items on list of things to do the Frontier Beautiful PRG Motor Mounts and new power steering hoses. She has been a little neglected as it was my only vehicle for last few years and could not take her out of service to do the stuff. But got a new run around car. After finishing her up tonight I drove the Fronty for a quick run aroundI thought maybe I had purchased a new pickup but then I looked at the cluster and realized it wasn't new it just drives like new after I replaced the motor mounts as you can see the originals were more than a little worn lol.
those weren't worn out, those were weight-saved.

Finally got around to changing out the coolant and installing the new coolant bleeder valve.
Very straight forward procedure.
Old coolant was the green stuff but still looked pretty clean.
I used Zerex G05 which is an almost clear fluid.

Too dark under the tonneau cover, so time to do something about it ...........

Installed my 1-5/8" body lift yesterday. Whole lot of fun. Right rear cab bolt wouldn't thread in properly... took way too much time fiddling around trying to figure out why (just slight alignment issue). Front left bolt in the bed busted in half removing it with the impact resulting in an hour of drilling and turning the remaining stud 3 degrees at a time with locking pliers. Still got'r done though. Now for those 295's. 😁

I did a thing...
View attachment 332896

I still need to clean up the plastic and trim a little more, but it's on. Only issue I ran into was putting a razor blade into my knuckle when I was almost done trimming. The winch was a tight fit.
Looks good, nice job on the install. I like how clean the WAM mount kits are, hardly visible.
On my list of things to install, may be this year, maybe not til next year. Have to see how the economy & taxes go.

Reactions: Spazzoni
Looks good, nice job on the install. I like how clean the WAM mount kits are, hardly visible.
On my list of things to install, may be this year, maybe not til next year. Have to see how the economy & taxes go.
Yeah. I like how the Wam looks on these trucks. Easy install to.

I haven't been thrilled about teh look of a lot of the plate bumpers available. P&P make some great looking bumpers, but the price was a little more than I could justify right now. I figure once I'm hitting trails hard enough to need a full plate bumper I'll get one, but for now the Wam will do just fine and look good doing it.

View attachment 332922
New light bar incorporated grille insert!
Www.dezertrunneroffroad.com
Seeing a single-row of LEDs like that I'm surprised that no one has resurrected the idea of the truck visor that was so popular in the seventies:

but instead of having running-lights, have a single-row of continuous LED floods or spots across the leading edge. That way during the day the visor part would be helpful with the sun, and at night offroading, the LED array would be helpful for illumination.

Seeing a single-row of LEDs like that I'm surprised that no one has resurrected the idea of the truck visor that was so popular in the seventies:

View attachment 332925

but instead of having running-lights, have a single-row of continuous LED floods or spots across the leading edge. That way during the day the visor part would be helpful with the sun, and at night offroading, the LED array would be helpful for illumination.
They still sell them over in europe, good luck getting one over here though! One company I found that makes see through visors that are tinted/polarized is Vosca out of the Netherlands.

They still sell them over in europe, good luck getting one over here though! One company I found that makes see through visors that are tinted/polarized is Vosca out of the Netherlands.
I was more thinking were the lights were set-into the front row of the visor. Vosca appears to offer two options, one being just marker lights that are bolted to the top of the visor, the other being a separate lightbar that bolts on top at the mounting bracket for the visor.

EDIT: something like this:

This is a manipulated image, I have not yet found a real product like this.

I was more thinking were the lights were set-into the front row of the visor. Vosca appears to offer two options, one being just marker lights that are bolted to the top of the visor, the other being a separate lightbar that bolts on top at the mounting bracket for the visor.
If I ever have "disposable income" I'll pick one up to test out, $700 (approximated total cost with how expensive shipping would be) is a bit excessive in my mind for something that is mainly for looks with debatable practicality. (I'd prefer to use that to lift my truck or add skid plates)

I had a similar visor on my Dodge D250 - bought it from the original owner who installed all the typical "old man" accessories: it looked like a Christmas tree going down the road. I could've made some decent money selling the copper wire I pulled out of it when I de-accessorized it.:D

I hated the visor. With the bug shield on it totally screwed up the effectiveness of the wipers - had to resort to using Rain-X to keep the visibility to an acceptable level. Without the bug shield it vibrated so bad on the freeway that it drove me crazy (the noise was much louder than the Cummins). I ended up pulling it off and just capping the holes in the roof (six 1/4" sheet metal screws 🤬), and it sat in the shed until I put it back on to sell the truck.

ADO UCAs arriving tomorrow according to FedEx. Yeah Dog !!! And All Dogs LOL
Now to dust off the 6112s and figure out if I'm attempting this myself or farming it out.
I know its not super-complicated but my back and knees aren't what they used to be, getting old sux majorly.
Emailed a local 4x4 shop to get a quote, exploring all options.
Also exploring idea of maybe remote reservoirs for the rear end. Bilstein 5160s.

First I've seen on a Frontier. Auto Vent Shade makes a similar product for domestic trucks. If I had a 1/2-ton I'd totally rock one, even though I am (was) solidly in the "no clearance lights on trucks smaller than 3/4 ton" club.
bought it from the original owner who installed all the typical "old man" accessories: it looked like a Christmas tree going down the road.
I added 22 extra lights to my F-250.
  • OEM cab clearance lights x5
  • OEM-replacement LED ID bar
  • Red LED marker lights x2 on either side of ID bar
  • Amber LED marker lights x5 on each running board
  • Stop/Tail/Turn LED lights on the headache rack
Interestingly enough, after I installed those, people usually gave me the right-of-way at stop signs, so I guess it helped.

EDIT: something like this:

View attachment 332932

This is a manipulated image, I have not yet found a real product like this.
Maybe because they reduce overhead visibility? And that light brackets are cheaper and more universal.

43,421 - 43,440 of 49,002 Posts