Nissan Frontier Forum banner

43321 - 43340 of 43342 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed Dezert Runner Offroad Bumper and rock rails over the weekend. Ordered in May 2020, took delivery in December 2020 when it was too cold to paint at my place and just finally got them installed in June. Curious to see how the Steel-It paint holds up. So many things on the list left to do...

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
80 Posts
No. Bod matched paint. I didn't even wash it. But you'd want to degrease and prime yours. If some paint came off mine it didn't matter since the paint and bedliner were black. Given the price of raptor liner compared to Rust-Oleum, I think if you do some good layers of rusto , or use an adhesion promoter spray you'd be fine . I'm going to buy a few cans of this other stuff called spraymax 2k epoxy primer in black, it's about half the cost of the raptor liner, and is still a 2 part with hardener... So that should give me a strong bond/build up to put a coat or two of raptor liner on ( instead of 3-4 without the primer). But again the Rust-Oleum bedliner if you use it needs to be the textured non pro non rubberized stuff. 6$ a can

Yeah, I have a can of the non-pro stuff. I used it on some Jeep parts. Works great. I've just never used it over chrome. Considering how well it bonds I figured it would probably be fine right over the chrome especially on the rear bumper. Now that I think about it, I have an old chrome Chevy bumper I probably won't use. I should spray part of it and leave it out in the sun to see how it holds up.

I've powder coated chrome with good results, but this it too big for my blast cabinet and oven, and not really worth taking it somewhere.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Pulled an A/C unit home from a buddy's on his small trailer... unfortunately blew a trailer tire while going 75 on the freeway. Didnt even feel it blow, but a Titan flagged me down and let me know I needed to pull over. Fun little tire change in 110 degree Phoenix heat but at least no one was injured and the unit made it in one piece 😁 my pups were with me and enjoyed watching me work while basking in the wonderfully well tinted and air conditioned cab 😒

View attachment 332416 View attachment 332417
View attachment 332419 View attachment 332421 View attachment 332422
You just kept rolling on the wheel without knowing?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
You just kept rolling on the wheel without knowing?
I thought the pull, noise, and/or vibration of a blowout would alert me to a problem, especially on a single-axle. I had a tire blow out on my 5x8 utility trailer. Didn't notice a darn thing until I stopped at a gas station. Oops!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I thought the pull, noise, and/or vibration of a blowout would alert me to a problem, especially on a single-axle. I had a tire blow out on my 5x8 utility trailer. Didn't notice a darn thing until I stopped at a gas station. Oops!
I would have done the same thing! I felt a little bump but nothing to cause concern. Looked back and all was well on the trailer so I figured I was good. Didnt pull any differently

·
Registered
2014 Frontier SV Crew 4x2
26 Posts
🎼“I put my treads in the water, as sin the sand. No worries in the world a cold beer in my hand! Life’s good today!”🎼

Just got back from Port Aransas, Texas yesterday from a 5 night stay. Old Little Cayenne handled the load and sand with ease.
We got 20.5 mpg.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've been wanting a dedicated power cord for my phone in the upper tray so throughout the week i looked around the dash & console innards and figured out i could remove the cigarette plug from the inside of the console, run a usb-a to usb-c cord from the back of the console, plug it in and run it up thru the dash and through a small hole in the tray. I didn't want to cut up any factory wires so it's 100% plug n play, but still have both plugs on the dash. Never used the console plug anyways.

Also just had new tires installed. Toyo Open Country A/T³, oem size. Just from the short 2 mile drive from discount tire to home depot they drive so much better! No noise, smooth, truck feels PLANTED when cornering.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Cleaned the corrosion off of the positive battery terminal again. I swear, the battery that came with this truck has the worst corrosion of any battery I've ever owned. It wasn't quite as bad this time since last time I put on the felt discs and slathered it in dielectric grease.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Cleaned the corrosion off of the positive battery terminal again. I swear, the battery that came with this truck has the worst corrosion of any battery I've ever owned. It wasn't quite as bad this time since last time I put on the felt discs and slathered it in dielectric grease.
I did it 5 times between 17-late 20. Finally replaced it end of 20 and zero corrosion so far. I thought I was the only one

Reactions: erturne

·
Super Moderator
19,902 Posts
You really don't need the tray, the 31M I installed overlapped the tray on all sides, so I just tossed it. The tray's like a MickeyDs snack meal tray, flimsy plastic that seems to have no real purpose.
I believe the purpose is to help keep the painted mounting shelf from getting rubbed on by the bottom of the battery and also contain small spills from some batteries. Some vehicles don't come with plastic trays and the batteries mount directly to the painted metal trays. I have seen them corroded and rusted away on many occasions.

·
Super Moderator
19,902 Posts
Pulled an A/C unit home from a buddy's on his small trailer... unfortunately blew a trailer tire while going 75 on the freeway. Didnt even feel it blow, but a Titan flagged me down and let me know I needed to pull over. Fun little tire change in 110 degree Phoenix heat but at least no one was injured and the unit made it in one piece 😁 my pups were with me and enjoyed watching me work while basking in the wonderfully well tinted and air conditioned cab 😒

View attachment 332416 View attachment 332417
View attachment 332419 View attachment 332421 View attachment 332422
Beautiful Canines. You should have felt some shaking at least with that tire being that bad. That's why you should always keep checking your side view mirrors when towing.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Beautiful Canines. You should have felt some shaking at least with that tire being that bad. That's why you should always keep checking your side view mirrors when towing.
Definitely always checking my mirrors... unfortunately the trailer was so small it tucked behind the sides of my truck so I couldnt see the wheels. No shaking though oddly enough... all is well fortunately and didnt lose anything on the street due to good strapping 😁 I ride a motorcycle so I'm an overly cautious guy on my straps

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x
139 Posts
Nothing like that where I am. That looks biblical.
The clouds are called Mammatus clouds and they in general signal the weakening of a storm. This storm was severe warned and had radar indicated tennis ball sized hail at one point. Luckily I didn't drive trough any of that type of weather with my Fronty.

43321 - 43340 of 43342 Posts