Nissan Frontier Forum banner

43301 - 43320 of 43342 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Timing chains and such were changed under warranty. I have replaced shocks twice, brakes and rotors once, a window motor for the driver side, spark plugs twice, valve covers and gaskets a couple of times, battery 3 times, serpentine belt twice, fan clutch, thermostat, radiator, belt tensioner and a few hoses and such.
Good to hear. My Ford pickups needed fuel pumps, starters, alternators, water pumps, hoses, window resealing, and random electrical parts before 150k!

Reactions: Zero Six LE

·
Registered
331 Posts
Changed front & rear diff fluid and t-case fluid. All looked pretty good but wanted fresh in there for our vacation trip.

·
Registered
2017 SV, black with steel grey interior, towing pkg., tonneau cover, Flex Fuel
25 Posts
What if any of the silver part of the wheel isn't completely covered by the wheel skins? I'm thinking of either using a plastidip type coating or these. Can you post a good closeup of one of the wheels- thanks.
The back side of the spokes have clips on them which keep the cover pretty tight against the wheel. There's also a nut behind the center cap which tightens a cone looking part against the center cap hole to lock it in. Haven't had an issue with them loosening. If you look close you can see some silver at the lug nuts and valve stem, but if you're not looking for it you wont notice. Plasti Dip is OK until you get rock chips and they start looking like a Hubble deep space photo.
wheel.jpg

·
Registered
2008 Frontier SE CC manual trans 144k miles
34 Posts
Replaced the worn out front door check links and now the doors no longer sail open wide or slam shut; just right.(y)

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Did you have to take out the tray or does the 27F fit?
You really don't need the tray, the 31M I installed overlapped the tray on all sides, so I just tossed it. The tray's like a MickeyDs snack meal tray, flimsy plastic that seems to have no real purpose.

Reactions: Wimp

·
Registered
2014 NIssan Frontier SV 4x4 CC
40 Posts
I just finished installing a tailgate powerlock, splicing onto the wires in the b column. I have smartliner mats waiting for me at home I'll throw in as soon as I get there. Productive day 👍

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ordered the Rago ditch light extension brackets, unfourtenently the actual ditch brackets are 2 or 3 weeks out waiting on powder coat from what i was told today. I had a set of these previous and removed them since i had other plans. I canceled the Nismo bumper today since its on a lengthy back order so now i have to make use of all the lighting i have sitting here, i am going to run a set of SS3 Pro Pods and SSC2 Pro pods on each side and just call it a day. I was trying to be patient but i just want to finish up the truck and not have to touch the front bumper again.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Not a directly truck-related project, but did a neat project that gave me a good smilezzz that I "outsmarted" the "experts". The Chamberlain door openers in the last years use what they call a Security 2.0+ protocol, where the door opening button next to your human door isn't just a simple dry-contact ON_OFF momentary contact set. No, they gotta be clever and use a proprietary serial bus interface where the button actually has a complex circuit board in the housing.

So, the Genie Aladdin controller will open or close up to three powered doors from a cell phone and send alerts when a door is opened or closed. A cool feature I thought. So I mounted one of the Chamberlain serial bus pushbuttons on the garage ceiling next to the Aladdin box, then hardwired a jumper from the pushbutton terminals on the circuit board, by very carefully soldering to the SMDs ( dang, they're tiny ), over to the dry contacts in the Aladdin board. Bingo. Door opens and closes from anywhere you have cell service.

Reactions: PNWMTB

·
Registered
2014 NIssan Frontier SV 4x4 CC
40 Posts
OEM rope hooks were delivered yesterday, so today I finished pulling the plugs and tapping the holes, and installing the hooks. Now I have a secure spot to lock bike from.
Next on my list is better headlights? And maybe further out do the ADO basic blistiens 5100's front/rear kit for my first time messing with truck suspension.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So, the Genie Aladdin controller will open or close up to three powered doors from a cell phone and send alerts when a door is opened or closed. A cool feature I thought. So I mounted one of the Chamberlain serial bus pushbuttons on the garage ceiling next to the Aladdin box, then hardwired a jumper from the pushbutton terminals on the circuit board, by very carefully soldering to the SMDs ( dang, they're tiny ), over to the dry contacts in the Aladdin board. Bingo. Door opens and closes from anywhere you have cell service.
Installed one of these about a year ago after our outside keypad crapped out (not that it worked good to begin with). It's nice to be able to open the garage door if family needs to pick up something from the garage, and it's also nice to be able to check to verify that I closed the garage door...after I'm miles from home. :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Installed one of these about a year ago after our outside keypad crapped out (not that it worked good to begin with). It's nice to be able to open the garage door if family needs to pick up something from the garage, and it's also nice to be able to check to verify that I closed the garage door...after I'm miles from home. :)
Look at you guys and your fancy garage door openers! A friend of mine was house sitting for me and wanted to open my garage door. He spent five minutes looking all over the walls of the garage for the button until he realized that I don't have a garage door opener. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
731 Posts
Look at you guys and your fancy garage door openers! A friend of mine was house sitting for me and wanted to open my garage door. He spent five minutes looking all over the walls of the garage for the button until he realized that I don't have a garage door opener. :ROFLMAO:
IT's called your hands!

·
Registered
572 Posts

Bad lighting. It's jet black irl. Black raptor 2k in rattle can. And before it could finish drying I dusted a layer of Rust-Oleum bedliner over it to give it some more texture. The bumper was painted in Rust-Oleum already and I just painted over it will. Minimal prep work. Previous Rust-Oleum laster well over a yeah with minor scratches... Hoping to get 2+ years out of this.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
LOL. Yeah, we got the Jetson's house over here. Now we just need to get the robot maid. A Roomba perhaps.

·
Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
80 Posts
View attachment 332404
Bad lighting. It's jet black irl. Black raptor 2k in rattle can. And before it could finish drying I dusted a layer of Rust-Oleum bedliner over it to give it some more texture. The bumper was painted in Rust-Oleum already and I just painted over it will. Minimal prep work. Previous Rust-Oleum laster well over a yeah with minor scratches... Hoping to get 2+ years out of this.
Was your bumper chrome? Did you do anything to prep it? I've been wanting to paint my chrome bumper with Rustoleum bedliner.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Pulled an A/C unit home from a buddy's on his small trailer... unfortunately blew a trailer tire while going 75 on the freeway. Didnt even feel it blow, but a Titan flagged me down and let me know I needed to pull over. Fun little tire change in 110 degree Phoenix heat but at least no one was injured and the unit made it in one piece 😁 my pups were with me and enjoyed watching me work while basking in the wonderfully well tinted and air conditioned cab 😒

·
Registered
572 Posts
Was your bumper chrome? Did you do anything to prep it? I've been wanting to paint my chrome bumper with Rustoleum bedliner.
No. Bod matched paint. I didn't even wash it. But you'd want to degrease and prime yours. If some paint came off mine it didn't matter since the paint and bedliner were black. Given the price of raptor liner compared to Rust-Oleum, I think if you do some good layers of rusto , or use an adhesion promoter spray you'd be fine . I'm going to buy a few cans of this other stuff called spraymax 2k epoxy primer in black, it's about half the cost of the raptor liner, and is still a 2 part with hardener... So that should give me a strong bond/build up to put a coat or two of raptor liner on ( instead of 3-4 without the primer). But again the Rust-Oleum bedliner if you use it needs to be the textured non pro non rubberized stuff. 6$ a can

43301 - 43320 of 43342 Posts