Nissan Frontier Forum banner

42961 - 42980 of 42988 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Loaded it up and about to make the first trip to the new place, where she'll have a driveway of her own and a garage (that she won't fit in)
At least that's a valid reason. Most folks around me use their garage as a storage unit and park on the driveway or the street. Meanwhile I'm over here like, that truck cost me $25k, it's going in the garage!

I swear garages have never been standardized. I've had so many wonky sized garages over the years. I think the truck is too tall to fit in this one, but need to actually test it.
A previous house (rental, I'm not rich) was built in the early 80s. Nothing special; in a subdivision on a smallish lot. I could park two F-150s side-by-side and have room to walk around them.

My last house was built in the 2000s. One side of the garage had a protrusion from a bathroom. I could park an F-150 on the other side, but the front bumper would be 1" from the wall and the rear bumper 1" from the garage door.

The side with the protrusion barely fit a Toyota Corolla.

Since SUV’s have come along most new houses here are getting 8 foot tall openings instead of the old standard 7 foot tall ones. They must not want to have potential buyers buy elsewhere.

Clint
I was driving through southern Utah and saw a subdivision where every house had an oversized garage. At least 10 feet tall and probably 30 feet wide.

My previous F-250 could technically fit in my standard 7'-high garage, but it's not physically possible unless I re-slope the driveway. The driveway slopes downhill toward the garage. Due to the length of the cab and the truck, as the truck approaches the garage, either forward or reverse, the cab is more than 7' from the ground. If I had an 8' garage, or a shorter truck or cab, I could drive in no problem.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
A previous house (rental, I'm not rich) was built in the early 80s. Nothing special; in a subdivision on a smallish lot. I could park two F-150s side-by-side and have room to walk around them.
Ours is a rental too. Won't even fit one F150 LOL
I was driving through southern Utah and saw a subdivision where every house had an oversized garage. At least 10 feet tall and probably 30 feet wide.
I think I'm checking out land in Utah LOL. Wow, 10 by 30, what a gift to anyone who loves automobiles.
My MiL's garage up in Maine is big enough to fit four cars 2 by 2 and still have walking space all around. She just got a concrete slab poured last spring, it was just dirt for oh, I suppose the last 45yrs or so. If we ever take over the house when she passes, that'll be the best part of the whole inheritance. I could put a man-cave in there and still have plenty of space for real work.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey, looking good! Is your grill plastidipped or painted? If plasti, what did you do to prep it? Just clean and spray or clean, wax then spray? And how many cans did it take? Thx
Just sprayed. I separated the grill then did a lite sanding. The paint was Rustoleum Metallic (#7250). The technic was MULTIPLE lite coats every 15 minutes until covered. It was done October '19 without any after care.

·
Registered
2018 CC Pro-4x
49 Posts
At least that's a valid reason. Most folks around me use their garage as a storage unit and park on the driveway or the street. Meanwhile I'm over here like, that truck cost me $25k, it's going in the garage!
Preach it brother! Same thing in our neighborhood! 😆

·
Registered
2018 CC Pro-4x
49 Posts
2” body lift done a couple weeks ago, and patiently waiting for tundra struts to assemble my budget T-swap coil overs🙌🏾
What size tire are you planning to run with a 2” BL and the TS?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Not a Frontier, but relevant, performed some preventative maintenance last week.
View attachment 330928
For anyone wondering, that's the Z1 aluminum heater hose inlet with bleeder valve and the Dorman OE Fix heater hose outlet, which has an aluminum T-connector instead of a plastic one like the OEM part.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
awww yeah, man I love mine! Money well spent🙌🏾
For anyone wondering, that's the Z1 aluminum heater hose inlet with bleeder valve and the Dorman OE Fix heater hose outlet, which has an aluminum T-connector instead of a plastic one like the OEM part.

Getting ready to do mine as preventative, as well. Have the inlet part already, just the plain metal one, no bleeder screw, but my gosh the Dorman complete outlet hose assy is half the price on Rock Auto, I've used them before but was still stunned at the savings. Even with shipping its about $20.00 less than the local Advance Auto.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,736 Posts
Put in my order for the last thing that I know I'll need for the front-end work.

Extended 25mm upper ball joints - on-order
Bilstein 5100 front struts - in transit
Power Stop Front Left and Front Right remanufactured calipers for Pathfinder V8 - in transit
Raybestos 12.6" rotors for Pathfinder V8 - in transit
Raybestos pads for Pathfinder V8 - in transit
LCA Camber bolts - received
MOOG coil springs for Pathfinder V8 application - received

I was having a devil of time finding the coils. The Nissan coils are discontinued, and both the MOOG and ACDelco parts are no longer available on Rockauto. I finally dusted off my ebay account and found the MOOGs from Pepboys' clearance. Date of production on these appears to be 2010 if the box is anything to go by.

Also had a hard time finding the Bilsteins. Once I have 'em in-hand I'll tell you where I got them. Don't want to spoil it in case there's a problem with my order.

Sometime this week I'll hook up the travel trailer to the truck and load up the bed/tongue to see where it rides, I've added add-a-leafs and Timbrens to the back but I deleted the overload leaves. That'll tell me how much I want to lift the front with the adjustable Bilsteins. My expectation is second or third notch, since I'll gain a little with these coils anyway. I might slot-in my winch in the front receiver before deciding, since that'll bring me down a little with its steel cable.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Bilsteins arrived.

CARiD had them in stock. I did have to pay shipping and sales tax but at least they had them. No one else that I could find did, or it looked like they did but on inquiring they were actually out of stock.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
New six bank fuse blocks in kick panel, pardon the angle and lighting, getting good video & photography under there is pretty tough.

The upper bank is hot at all times and is fed from a 60a underhood fuse and #8 circuit. The lower bank is ignition-switched 30a - #10 circuit and is fed from my home-brewed fuse / relay centre I built nearly 3 yrs ago. The Yaesu 8900r 4-band HAM radio I installed last year is going to be fed from both banks through a simple DPDT On-Off-On switch, so on the fly I can select whether the ignition turns the radio on and off, or whether it will operate stand-alone w/ all the other truck systems powered down. Video of the install to follow later.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Bilsteins arrived.

View attachment 331037

CARiD had them in stock. I did have to pay shipping and sales tax but at least they had them. No one else that I could find did, or it looked like they did but on inquiring they were actually out of stock.
Pro-X Spec ?

New six bank fuse blocks in kick panel, pardon the angle and lighting, getting good video & photography under there is pretty tough. View attachment 331058
The upper bank is hot at all times and is fed from a 60a underhood fuse and #8 circuit. The lower bank is ignition-switched 30a - #10 circuit and is fed from my home-brewed fuse / relay centre I built nearly 3 yrs ago. The Yaesu 8900r 4-band HAM radio I installed last year is going to be fed from both banks through a simple DPDT On-Off-On switch, so on the fly I can select whether the ignition turns the radio on and off, or whether it will operate stand-alone w/ all the other truck systems powered down. Video of the install to follow later.
Looking good sir

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Pro-X Spec ?
Kinda hard to quantify.

My truck is a crew cab long wheelbase, so it's considerably heavier than a Pro4X truck. The Bilstein 4600s that come with the Pro4X are B6-series, these 5100s are the B8-series. It sounds like the B8 series are stiffer shocks, firmer dampening, but with the truck being heavier that is not necessarily a bad thing.

I'm pairing them with the coils originally meant for an R51 Pathfinder ('04-12) with the heavier V8 engine. Which are also likely better paired with the greater chassis weight on the front axle plus the additional front 2" receiver I built for it. So this suspension should be more heavy-duty than stock, but also should have more travel.

42961 - 42980 of 42988 Posts