Nissan Frontier Forum banner

42941 - 42960 of 42988 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice, those are the tires I’ve ordered and am waiting on.

Reactions: Clint

·
Super Moderator
11,167 Posts
The 2014 clocked 2137 round trip miles on the 4th Annual Old Retired Oilfield Fellows Turkey Calling, Shed Hunting, Rockhounding & Camping League Expedition to Scenic Catron County, New Mexico. Averaged 17.5 MPG over all on all manner of roads from forest service to the 80 MPH IH-10 International Speedway and the Death Race 2021 drive thru The Permian Basin with lots of trucks and white pick-ups in a big hurry. Truck just turned 80K on this trip and beefed up Bilstein shocks, Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Firestone airbags worked well on rough roads, rocky forest service trails and 75 MPH Texas speed limits. Mostly worked out of camp on foot or 4-wheelers and a vintage Honda Trail 110, but took the Frontier on a 40 mile round trip thru a maze of Forest Service Roads around Freeman Mountain to Catron County Road B012 to the Centerfire Bog and then another loop north on barely 2 tire track roads to some big country. It was Saturday afternoon and never saw another vehicle or person in several hours. It would take some time to explore just a smidgen of the millions of acres of National Forest & BLM land available. It really is New Mexico's Best kept secret! Worked in a little Polaris retrieval and had some nice April snow. Found a few sheds as well. Frontiers are all purpose trucks!! View attachment 330824

Mexico View attachment 330819 View attachment 330820 View attachment 330821 View attachment 330822 View attachment 330823
Beautiful pictures, glad to hear of your wonderful trip! Keep enjoying that Frontier!

Clint

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Loaded it up and about to make the first trip to the new place, where she'll have a driveway of her own and a garage (that she won't fit in)
ROFL same problem here. Two-car garage, apparently that means two MINI Coopers, not an actual usable truck size. Can't really figure that, the house shell was built in the 60s, thought cars were bigger back then ...........

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Why won’t it fit? Too much other stuff in there?

Clint
I honestly haven't checked if it will fit, but I'm guessing with how I have it setup and the roof rack it won't clear.

ROFL same problem here. Two-car garage, apparently that means two MINI Coopers, not an actual usable truck size. Can't really figure that, the house shell was built in the 60s, thought cars were bigger back then ...........
I swear garages have never been standardized. I've had so many wonky sized garages over the years. I think the truck is too tall to fit in this one, but need to actually test it.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Finally got that kickpanel fuse block fabbed up, that I've been putting off for ohhh ......... round about 2.5 yrs or so. Yeah. Cobbled together from some left-over parts and some new parts, some of the purists would scream about the build quality and paint ( or lack thereof ) but it's under the dash and invisible and my minor OCD's okay with that. Not seen in this photo is the plastic covers that fully enclose the blocks after final assembly. Video to follow on YouTube/Frontier Geek.

Reactions: Zero Six LE

·
Super Moderator
11,167 Posts
Since SUV’s have come along most new houses here are getting 8 foot tall openings instead of the old standard 7 foot tall ones. They must not want to have potential buyers buy elsewhere.

Clint

·
Registered
150 Posts
I believe it was a sage bush. It does kinda suck but I’m trying to look at like “it’s a 4x4 truck, it’s probably not gonna be the last scratch it gets so don’t worry about it!” 😅
Bet you could rub that out if you wanted to. I’ve seen worse fixed with polishing/rubbing.

·
Registered
2018 CC Pro-4x
49 Posts
I believe it was a sage bush. It does kinda suck but I’m trying to look at like “it’s a 4x4 truck, it’s probably not gonna be the last scratch it gets so don’t worry about it!” 😅
Wear it as a badge of honor. At least it wasn't from someone dragging something across it in a parking lot. 😉 Wait until you get some rock rash on your wheels! 😁

Reactions: KCossairt

·
Registered
150 Posts
Geolander MT

It's only been a week but so far I really like them.
Those and swamper ssr’s were my first choices. Couldn’t get em so went with nitto ridge grapplers.

·
Registered
830 Posts
View attachment 330857
I got my new tires mounted last week so I took it camping to try 'em out.
Hey, looking good! Is your grill plastidipped or painted? If plasti, what did you do to prep it? Just clean and spray or clean, wax then spray? And how many cans did it take? Thx

Reactions: shift_RUSH

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Wear it as a badge of honor. At least it wasn't from someone dragging something across it in a parking lot. 😉 Wait until you get some rock rash on your wheels! 😁
That's the one. I got badged too, my passenger's side rear door has a massive pinstripe courtesy of a thorn bush in NJ. I think it'll buff out, it's not real deep, but I haven't done anything to it yet.

Reactions: StomperMN

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
42941 - 42960 of 42988 Posts