Nissan Frontier Forum banner

42281 - 42300 of 42435 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yea I remember always hating my 08 lights, had a tansit connect between my new 2020 and that and when I got back to this went oh yea those headlights haven't improved....

I had bad wind buffeting when I had the 2 rear windows down for my dogs. These seemed to have stopped or greatly reduced that. I have never had these things on any vehicle before, I like them but cant really explain why I like them.
That's another benefit. They are surprisingly easy to install... And pretty cheap. Well worth if you don't hate they they look

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Ryan, what do the window vents do? I've never had a set, I've never really considered a set. So, what am I missing?
Thx, C
The vents are nice if it's raining but not super-hot and you just want to crack a window to get some outside air while driving, but the biggest bennie I see is that you can park with windows down an inch or so, and A: nobody really knows they're open unless they get right up to your truck, kinda stealthy, and B: summer heat. We get some right nasty rippin heat n humidity right out here near the Chesapeake Bay. Nothing like Texas or Florida but when it's over 100F and the humidity's 90+%, anything that'll vent your truck while it's parked is surely appreciated, and you don't have to sweat the rolling random afternoon thunderstorms we get blowin through cause the rain won't come in. Win-Win.

Reactions: clhyer

·
Registered
2016 Frontier Pro-4x
100 Posts
Gave her a much needed bath now that the snow has melted up in CO.

Debating if I want to de-badge and de-decal her...Part of me really likes the clean look with no badging or pro-4x decals...but sometimes I actually like the pro-4x decals...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Ryan, what do the window vents do? I've never had a set, I've never really considered a set. So, what am I missing?
Thx, C
They are great for blunts when it rains! :cool:😂 But are really nice when it raining or snowing and want some fresh air

·
Registered
2018 CC Pro-4x
33 Posts
Lucky you! Man I wish the snow would melt away up in MN!

That was one of the first things I did on my white 2018 was remove the Pro-4x decal on the bedsides. I personally think it looks cartoony - the one with the tire track, at least on the white. However, I do think my truck now needs some other decals/vinyl or something as it's just a big white canvas now. Other than I'm not a big chrome fan, I don't care so much about the badges on the tailgate.

Gave her a much needed bath now that the snow has melted up in CO.

Debating if I want to de-badge and de-decal her...Part of me really likes the clean look with no badging or pro-4x decals...but sometimes I actually like the pro-4x decals...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thank you to everyone that responded to my question about the window vents. I shall put them on my list of things to look into further.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Thank you to everyone that responded to my question about the window vents. I shall put them on my list of things to look into further.
As long as you don't hate the looks, there isn't any looking in, like Nike, Just Do It.
Looks aside, there are no downsides. They don't whistle in the least and being able to vent summer heat is a godsend.

·
Registered
168 Posts
As long as you don't hate the looks, there isn't any looking in, like Nike, Just Do It.
Looks aside, there are no downsides. They don't whistle in the least and being able to vent summer heat is a godsend.
Speaking of summer heat, we are supposed to be in the 60's this week! I am ready!!!

A couple observations about summer sun. Two trucks ago I had a real nice aluminum diamond plate toolbox on it. The type that goes across the front of the bed next to the cab. A great toolbox, and super useful. But, it reflected the sun into the cab (no window tint) and cooked the headliner, particularly the rear 1/3 of the headliner. So I said I would not have another shiny tool box back there. My last truck had a roll up tonneau cover and I liked it. My Frontier is so tall if I had that toolbox back I wouldn't be able to reach over into it! My Frontier came with a tri-fold tonneau. I will be swapping that out this spring for a roll up for the utility of having the whole bed available.

In my last truck my wife had bought me a couple of the windshield sunshades. The fold up type that is shiny tin foil looking things. It didn't take long before I noted the front of the headliner, right along the windshield was coming loose and the foam crumbling. It may have just been coincidence, but I stopped using that type of sun shade.

Neither of those would be an issue if you swap your truck out after some few years, but for a long hauler like myself I do want to avoid things that are short term good, but not so good in the long run. My last truck lasted 21 years. It was great not having a car/truck payment for the last 17 years! Almost forgot was it was like to have that weight around my neck :)

I will look into the sun shades to see what they look like on our truck. What sort of life span would I expect before the plastic (or whatever they are made of) deteriorates or the adhesive weakens?
Really appreciate the info!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bad news: So yesterday I ventured to replace the belt, idler pulley, and tensioner. I was getting a squealing from the belt and it was really dried up and there was noise from the bearings on the tensioner and pulley.

Welp, someone rediculously overtorqued them prior. Likely factory :( I stripped the threads on the pulley bolt hole. Good ole aluminum block. Stupid engineering. Went to put a helicoil in and somehow the communication broke down between my pops and I and he used a 15/32 bit rather than a 13/32 bit. Either he said it the first the time he called it out or confirmed me saying 15/32 bit when I handed it to him. Can't get the hole tapped now for a helicoil to fit. Fun times.

The bolt is a 10m x 1.25 thread.

Gonna take it to a pro tomorrow to fix it. Something that should be an easy unbolt, rebolt, and put a belt on job turned into a nightmare day of headache. Didn't get a chance to do the brakes either.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Xclimation

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
589 Posts
Bad news: So yesterday I ventured to replace the belt, idler pulley, and tensioner. I was getting a squealing from the belt and it was really dried up and there was noise from the bearings on the tensioner and pulley.

Welp, someone rediculously overtorqued them prior. Likely factory :( I stripped the threads on the pulley bolt hole. Good ole aluminum block. Stupid engineering. Went to put a helicoil in and somehow the communication broke down between my pops and I and he used a 15/32 bit rather than a 13/32 bit. Either he said it the first the time he called it out or confirmed me saying 15/32 bit when I handed it to him. Can't get the hole tapped now for a helicoil to fit. Fun times.

Gonna take it to a pro tomorrow to fix it. Something that should be an easy unbolt, rebolt, and put a belt on job turned into a nightmare day of headache. Didn't get a chance to do the brakes either.

No Bueno! :cry:

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,501 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts

The miscommunication is rough, but before you take it to a professional check these out. I had a similar issue on the top end of my motorcycle build. The cam holder bolts were over-torqued by a shop leading to problems. They work really really well, and are way less likely to fail than a helicoil.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Damn, I hate that for you Steebo... :(

I like this set up! (y)(y)

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,501 Posts
Reactions: Airhart13

·
Registered
124 Posts
Found a nice little $350 camper shell 😁 roof rack, rhino liner, and interior lighting projects ahead. Also need to grt the flush tailgate spoiler. Only took a year and a half of searching!
Man, you stole that thing! I've been keeping my eye out for one around here - the only one I saw was $1300. The 5' ones are like gold. I've seen a few for the 6' bed for under $1k but that does me no good... :(

42281 - 42300 of 42435 Posts