Nissan Frontier Forum banner

42261 - 42280 of 42435 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Bought fire extinguisher mounts.”Fire Dragon”.
Have them on the Frontuer, these are for the Dodge.

Reactions: clhyer

·
Registered
28 Posts
Made a custom bracket where the armrest can slide forward. Turned out better than expected and can still open normally. Near perfect height to have elbow on rest and hand on shifter. Will post more pictures at a later date as it is late here. Sits about 3/4" higher.

Link now - Custom stock armrest

2 drawer slides, 1" flat bar, 15 holes that have to be tapped. Only 2 holes on bottom of lid so easy to put back to stock.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Made a custom bracket where the armrest can slide forward. Turned out better than expected and can still open normally. Near perfect height to have elbow on rest and hand on shifter. Will post more pictures at a later date as it is late here. Sits about 3/4" higher.

2 drawer slides, 1" flat bar, 15 holes that have to be tapped. Only 2 holes on bottom of lid so easy to put back to stock.
View attachment 327899
That's a super-cool idea. Please provide some info and pics on how this was accomplished.

·
Registered
288 Posts
@dh357 I always assumed it was for a truck that had a metal bumper instead of the plastic.
Ok cool. If that's the case, in theory i could swap an upper bumper piece from a '16 SL on and bolt on a big o bumper and not cut my factory one? I do appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'd be more concerned with the 2.5" lift regardless of the brand. You're going to have minimal down-travel which will make the ride pretty bouncy. Not to mention you will be pushing the limit of the upper control arm ball joints.
I can replace those at some point. But given the sheer number of 2.5 inch lifts of various styles etc that don't come with arms, I'm thinking I'll be ok on that front. I just want a little more clearance , and that certain look a lift gives.

·
Registered
454 Posts
What do you think of the RC assembled front lift struts? Considering those as they're a good price but cant seem to find many reviews.
I'll let you know once I get them. March 15 was the install date before the ice age happened in texas. On or around that time I'd assume is still the case.

·
Registered
454 Posts
So I removed the plastic shroud that covers the windshield wipers and sprayed them with Rust-Oleum bed liner. Got this idea from another member. Scratched it up a little putting it back in, but I could tape it off and touch it up.

Here are before and after pics. And the last picture is off the plastic down by the bumper that I'm thinking of doing next.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I might have been that member. Let me know how yours does. Mines been holding up great.

·
Registered
454 Posts
So I removed the plastic shroud that covers the windshield wipers and sprayed them with Rust-Oleum bed liner. Got this idea from another member. Scratched it up a little putting it back in, but I could tape it off and touch it up.

Here are before and after pics. And the last picture is off the plastic down by the bumper that I'm thinking of doing next.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I did that part on mine recently as well.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I might have been that member. Let me know how yours does. Mines been holding up great.
You probably were, thanks. Well, I don't drive it much, as it is my 2nd vehicle. Hopefully it washes easy, because I don't think I'll be able to use anything to wipe it off, as it may leave parts of the rag/mitt behind.

Now I'm thinking of doing the plastic parts on my step bars and even the plastic on the rear bumper, to make it all match.

Seems like it'd be easy to do some touch-ups if necessary.

·
Registered
454 Posts
You probably were, thanks. Well, I don't drive it much, as it is my 2nd vehicle. Hopefully it washes easy, because I don't think I'll be able to use anything to wipe it off, as it may leave parts of the rag/mitt behind.

Now I'm thinking of doing the plastic parts on my step bars and even the plastic on the rear bumper, to make it all match.

Seems like it'd be easy to do some touch-ups if necessary.
Yup to all of that. Spray it off and it's clean. It will eat rags though lol

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
589 Posts
They're HERE!
IMG_20210218_174254643.jpg IMG_20210218_174345212.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm going to get any winter use out of them, but If I do I'll let yall know. (probably will since I'm moving to WI in march!) They don't take care of the roads at all where I live when we get weather, and I had quite a close call with sliding into a curb yesterday (they left a huge slush pile at the entrance to the large condo complex where I live. Fortunately it was completely eaten by the stock tire.

Looking forward to getting them mounted Saturday!

On a side note, I could most likely fit all four tires in the back of the crew cab if I didn't have a bunch of crap in there.

·
Premium Member
6,196 Posts
They're HERE!
View attachment 327926 View attachment 327927

I'm not sure if I'm going to get any winter use out of them, but If I do I'll let yall know. (probably will since I'm moving to WI in march!) They don't take care of the roads at all where I live when we get weather, and I had quite a close call with sliding into a curb yesterday (they left a huge slush pile at the entrance to the large condo complex where I live. Fortunately it was completely eaten by the stock tire.

Looking forward to getting them mounted Saturday!

On a side note, I could most likely fit all four tires in the back of the crew cab if I didn't have a bunch of crap in there.
Yea, here in MN we get snow all the way in to April... so... buckle up!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Put weather tech window vents and hood protector on. Bought katana led's....Im looking forward to those.
You won't be disappointed. I have the window vents and Katana's installed, two of my best mods ever.

Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ryan, what do the window vents do? I've never had a set, I've never really considered a set. So, what am I missing?
Thx, C
For me, the biggest thing is snow/ice/rain. Obviously the wind will blow precipitation into the windows. But my parked truck, has not had a single instance since I installed them where the snow/ice wasn't either non existant on the windows, or at least not on the top 5 inches, and what was there below was easier to get off.the low profile ones also just look nice. Oh and if you want to let the cab breath a bit , you can open them an inch or two even if it's raining.

·
Registered
284 Posts
You won't be disappointed. I have the window vents and Katana's installed, two of my best mods ever.
Yea I remember always hating my 08 lights, had a tansit connect between my new 2020 and that and when I got back to this went oh yea those headlights haven't improved....

Ryan, what do the window vents do? I've never had a set, I've never really considered a set. So, what am I missing?
Thx, C
I had bad wind buffeting when I had the 2 rear windows down for my dogs. These seemed to have stopped or greatly reduced that. I have never had these things on any vehicle before, I like them but cant really explain why I like them.

42261 - 42280 of 42435 Posts