Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41961 - 41980 of 42105 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Changed the front and rear diff oil this week with Valvoline Synthetic...easy job and no glitter in old oil at 30k. Trans and transfer case may be next.
Did the transfer case and transmission fluid today, Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic in both. Transfer case fluid was really filthy, trans not too bad but brown tint already on a 2017 with 32k.

Since I was changing to Valvoline from factory fill did drain/fill on trans then ran a line out of the cooler output to get another 3 qts out of it. About 2 gal of new fluid in the trans. Shifting fine so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts

bought and received my new spark plugs and intake manifold gaskets from rock auto. I’m going to put them on when I get time in between work. I have a work truck so it is no rush for me, I’m going to take my time as it’s the first time I’ve done it on my truck.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
View attachment 326124
bought and received my new spark plugs and intake manifold gaskets from rock auto. I’m going to put them on when I get time in between work. I have a work truck so it is no rush for me, I’m going to take my time as it’s the first time I’ve done it on my truck.
I take it your pulling the intake manifold. Good time to add a XTP intake manifold spacer.

·
Premium Member
6,479 Posts
Good time to do the PCV also. You cant get to it without removing the manifold.
We need a special thread/sticky w/ these kinds of juicy tidbits.
CF FTW!!!

Reactions: Mindspawn

·
Premium Member
2019 Glacier PRO-4X 5AT
52 Posts
Converted to LED turn signals a few months back, been playing around with finding bulbs that work well in the housings. I’ve tried stuff from GTR, Morimoto, Sylvania, Diode dynamics, and VLEDS. DD’s HP24 switchbacks were decent up front, but VLEDS 70-LED are a lot better. Out back, sadly nothing from DD was very bright in the housing in sunlight, and the VLEDS 50-LED Amber in the rear are awesome.

Anyways, been running the switchbacks for a little bit and yesterday wired them up to an empty keyed ignition power source in the glove box fuse panel. Older trucks with 3 power outlets didn’t have a USB port. So, they had 3 fused spots in the panel. With the introduction of the USB port, only two sockets were kept, and the glove box remained the same so there is a free ignition source on trucks with USB ports. I used a fuse tap to connect to it, and now I have an always-on white DRL. Later I’ll add a switch so I can shut it off quickly if I’m idling in a dark area and don’t want them on. For the most part, they’ll stay on. I also built them into a DT plug that I can de-pin and rearrange so the white portion can be powered by the parking lamp circuit again like stock if I wanted to.

I think it adds a cool look. The turn signals are also brilliant, very visible Amber even at far distances.

437B744F-9B2B-4DB8-BB47-57F2F01476E1.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
got a pedal commander and loved it so they set me up with an affiliate link today. If anyone has been thinking of buying one use this link. safe driving everyone!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Reactions: Airhart13

·
Registered
253 Posts
That looks great! How does it sound? I've only ever replaced dead OEM mufflers with OEM-equivalent mufflers.
Oh I dunno yet..I've been out in the garage for 4 hrs after I got it installed and garage cleaned back up. I'm kicking back right now n having a beer or 3. I hope it doesn't sound like crap cuz I sure as hell don't want to put that stock one back on.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I envy you! I really want to buy that one. How do you like the sound and how is it on highway vs city? It’s on my short list.
I'll report back tomorrow night on sound as I have only just backed it up 4ft in garage so I could close the door but it is a nice mellow tone from that little bit I heard of it so happy so far..

·
Registered
396 Posts
Converted to LED turn signals a few months back, been playing around with finding bulbs that work well in the housings. I’ve tried stuff from GTR, Morimoto, Sylvania, Diode dynamics, and VLEDS. DD’s HP24 switchbacks were decent up front, but VLEDS 70-LED are a lot better. Out back, sadly nothing from DD was very bright in the housing in sunlight, and the VLEDS 50-LED Amber in the rear are awesome.

Anyways, been running the switchbacks for a little bit and yesterday wired them up to an empty keyed ignition power source in the glove box fuse panel. Older trucks with 3 power outlets didn’t have a USB port. So, they had 3 fused spots in the panel. With the introduction of the USB port, only two sockets were kept, and the glove box remained the same so there is a free ignition source on trucks with USB ports. I used a fuse tap to connect to it, and now I have an always-on white DRL. Later I’ll add a switch so I can shut it off quickly if I’m idling in a dark area and don’t want them on. For the most part, they’ll stay on. I also built them into a DT plug that I can de-pin and rearrange so the white portion can be powered by the parking lamp circuit again like stock if I wanted to.

I think it adds a cool look. The turn signals are also brilliant, very visible Amber even at far distances.

View attachment 326146
I ordered some from Amazon that are off by default, but when you select the first option they turn white and stay on in any selection afterwards. They turn yellow like normal when turn signal activated

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
After a year of waiting I Finally did the XTP intake spacer install. I also cleaned my Mass air flow senseor,reset my flashing air bag light and all stored codes. The fronty feels alot smoother now with a noticeable bottom end boost.. not a whole bunch, just nicely noticealble.. Defineatly worth it!:cool:

·
Registered
481 Posts
After a year of waiting I Finally did the XTP intake spacer install. I also cleaned my Mass air flow senseor,reset my flashing air bag light and all stored codes. The fronty feels alot smoother now with a noticeable bottom end boost.. not a whole bunch, just nicely noticealble.. Defineatly worth it!:cool:
What did you do to reset your airbag light? Mine isn't flashing, it stays solid once I'm driving it. Maybe a different issue?!

41961 - 41980 of 42105 Posts