Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41641 - 41660 of 41671 Posts

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,453 Posts
I'm not expecting anyone to copy what i did this is just the method i choose and it works for me.

We all do as we wish when it comes to mods ,my understanding though is people judge before they understand and that is what bothers at times.

Nobody is choking in their trucks y'all need to stop lol

I can go further and say some know their stuff but many will repeat someone else's jibber jabber instead of actually knowing that was my point a monkey can work on a car but that doesn't mean he's a mechanic basically how i looked at this lol no harm no foul.;):cool:
Okay, I just went back and read all the back and forth on your exhaust. Internet is going to internet.

Just so you know, my exhaust broke off last year while I was out hunting. Right behind the muffler, where it turns up towards the bed, the whole 5' of tail pipe broke off. Well, I keep thinking I should do something about it, as the exhaust is pointing straight into my bed, now causing the lining to bubble, but I am blonde and I just haven't gotten around to cutting it and putting on a down pipe. But I will. In the meantime, my children have survived a year like this, and my dog, and I made it through another hunting trip without a clanking exhaust.

Let the internet be the internet and roll along, my man.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,951 Posts
Insulated the new truck cap with 1" R6 polyiso, fit right between the frame of the cap since it's 1" also. Score & snap, score & snap. Then clean up polyiso crumbs that are all over everything.
That's not a product I'm familiar with but I have a question for ya.
Do you think that insulation would help if installed on the bottom side of a BAKFlip bed cover that gets extremely hot in summer?
I literally have to flip it open as fast as possible to limit the burn time on my inside wrist.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Okay, I just went back and read all the back and forth on your exhaust. Internet is going to internet.

Just so you know, my exhaust broke off last year while I was out hunting. Right behind the muffler, where it turns up towards the bed, the whole 5' of tail pipe broke off. Well, I keep thinking I should do something about it, as the exhaust is pointing straight into my bed, now causing the lining to bubble, but I am blonde and I just haven't gotten around to cutting it and putting on a down pipe. But I will. In the meantime, my children have survived a year like this, and my dog, and I made it through another hunting trip without a clanking exhaust.

Let the internet be the internet and roll along, my man.
It's not being Blonde ,It's that Roscoe. P Coletrain, in you 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 (y)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Okay, so I haven't actually DONE any of these to my truck yet, but there a couple of interesting ideas, including the one with storage inside the bumper, that could be implemented with a fairly minimal amount of heavy lifting. A few I thought though, were just plain dumb. To each, his own.
TLDR for anyone looking for it : how to hide illegal objects and get your vehicle seized by law enforcement and end up with it chopped into a million pieces and used in police training videos.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,453 Posts
Stop the bantering - let it go. We're having to clean up more threads around here lately, I think the Covid confinement is starting to get to everyone. Chill, enjoy.

·
Registered
2018 CC Pro-4x
11 Posts
Saw your truck on the ADO YouTube vid. Looks good.
Decided to go up a tire size since the Radflo's gave me a bit more lift. 285/70/17 Cooper Evolution MT's. Tires are fairly new and there wasn't a lot of reviews out there so i decided to try them myself. Love the looks but may need to do a 1" body lift...we will see.
View attachment 324095

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,951 Posts
TLDR for anyone looking for it : how to hide illegal objects and get your vehicle seized by law enforcement and end up with it chopped into a million pieces and used in police training videos.
None of those were actual traps that required a crazy sequence of events before opening.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
None of those were actual traps that required a crazy sequence of events before opening.
I suppose if you happened to run into a LEO w/ a bug the size of the ones in Starship Troopers, rammed up his anus, that they might cut your truck to pieces, but IMHO, if you show him up-front its there and there's nothing on the DEA search & destroy list contained therein, you'll just get kudos for creativity from the team.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Cleaned the interior and the door jams. Next on the list is the exterior, but waiting until tomorrow when it warms up. And if there is enough daylight left oil change and tire rotation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Headliner and bedding carpet went in over the polyiso (up top) and bare metal (bed.) Headliner is Chenille, from JoAnns, and carpet is $.50 sqft indoor/outdoor from Lowes ... which I think I should have used for the headliner also. It all went on with 3M Super 90.

Next up, trim cording (also from JoAnns, I think) to clear up the seams in the headliner and build the U shaped bed platform.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Over the weekend, oil & filter change,
Rotated the tires
Changed the lug nuts - black vs chrome and these have a lip above the conical section that the socket will rest on while installing / removing the lug nuts. The OEM lug nuts will fall into the socket if you don’t have a piece of rag or a small rock etc. to keep the nut out at the hex opening.
Changed out the brake pads - the OEM pads SUCKED !! They inspired zero confidence in the brakes, even when I was on the brakes hard, the ABS wouldn’t activate. I replaced the pads with Wagner OEX ones. These are better, with more initial bite, but I may end up with semi metallic to get the feel I want.
Changed the brake fluid to synthetic DOT 3/4 Valvoline and bled several air bubbles out of the front system. The pedal firmed up to an acceptable level.
A productive 3 1/2 hours worth of work.

Then

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Frontier Crew cab LWB SV Lifted CAI and Alum TB Spacer Pedal Commander
32 Posts
Well, I haven't had a lot of time recently to do much with my Frontier. So while trolling Facebook Marketplace I came across a 2001 Frontier King Cab RWD. Basic truck 2.4 4 banger. I went to look at it right away because these kinds of trucks don't sit for long. I grabbed it up. I was told it had a bad starter and couldn't get it running. I found it has a broken alt belt and the battery is dead. I just picked up a new belt for $8.00. I plan on installing it tomorrow after work. Oh yeah, and it only has 70k on the clock. It was an old lady's truck till she passed and her daughter has kept it since. I am super stoked. I've been looking for a beater truck for some time and I really wanted another Frontier.

41641 - 41660 of 41671 Posts