Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41621 - 41640 of 41671 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CC SV 4x4
55 Posts
Got any more pics of the wheel skins? I’ve never even heard of them till now.

Here are two up close pictures of the wheel skins. I left the plasti dip on the center cap as well. They aren’t flawless as if it was a midnight wheel, but for the price, they’re more than enough for me to serve that purpose

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
To be safe, just keep a battery operated CO monitor in the cab for awhile.
Just FYI i got one to satisfy some curiosities and nothing to report i ran my truck for a hour windows down, then with windows up at a stand still nothing happened.
No Alarm no bells ,You all can rest easy now come on lets go for a ride i promise not to speed 😂 😂 😂 ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Decided to go up a tire size since the Radflo's gave me a bit more lift. 285/70/17 Cooper Evolution MT's. Tires are fairly new and there wasn't a lot of reviews out there so i decided to try them myself. Love the looks but may need to do a 1" body lift...we will see.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Installed the Truxedo Truxport Tonneau cover. Install was very easy and im pleased with the look. It works with the utilitrack system and allows full use of the bed.
PICS!?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Plasti-dipped the rear bumper. Black sapphire metallic, no glossifier. I've found the glossifier doesn't clean quite as well.

View attachment 324100
Any issues with the backup sensor system sensor eyes being painted over? I'd like to try this, my bumper got a nice gouge from a trailer that was backing up, just a few months after I got my 2014 Pro4. Haven't done anything about it yet, here its 2.5 yrs later.

·
Registered
2017 CC SV 4x4
55 Posts
Any issues with the backup sensor system sensor eyes being painted over? I'd like to try this, my bumper got a nice gouge from a trailer that was backing up, just a few months after I got my 2014 Pro4. Haven't done anything about it yet, here its 2.5 yrs later.
Not op, but when I plastidipped my bumper, I put some painters tape over it and they work fine. Thinking back, I wish I’d’ve just dipped over them and gotten rid of the beeping lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
I actually disassembled the entirety of the bumper to do it and didn't spray the sensors. Even if you wanted to dip it still mounted to the truck like I know some people do, both the sensors and sensor housing come out easily by hand, and went right back in fine even with the slight plastidip buildup layer. You could even pull the sensors and leave the just the housings to be dipped, but the sensor housing and black sapphire metallic dip happen to be a pretty close color match!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I actually disassembled the entirety of the bumper to do it and didn't spray the sensors. Even if you wanted to dip it still mounted to the truck like I know some people do, both the sensors and sensor housing come out easily by hand, and went right back in fine even with the slight plastidip buildup layer. You could even pull the sensors and leave the just the housings to be dipped, but the sensor housing and black sapphire metallic dip happen to be a pretty close color match!
Cool, thx for the info.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Decided to go up a tire size since the Radflo's gave me a bit more lift. 285/70/17 Cooper Evolution MT's. Tires are fairly new and there wasn't a lot of reviews out there so i decided to try them myself. Love the looks but may need to do a 1" body lift...we will see.
View attachment 324095
I love my black truck, but that blue is really nice too. Let us know how you like the tires after you put a few miles on 'em.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,951 Posts
Just FYI i got one to satisfy some curiosities and nothing to report i ran my truck for a hour windows down, then with windows up at a stand still nothing happened.
No Alarm no bells ,You all can rest easy now come on lets go for a ride i promise not to speed ;)
No driving above the PSL? I'll pass.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lost a headlight, so I swapped them out and upgraded my back up lights to brighter LEDs. Notice the date on the headlights, He must have never driven at night. I know he never off-roaded it and had small car car tires on it.
20201116_171351.jpg
But how do headlights survive this long?

·
Premium Member
2010 Nissan Frontier SE 171,000 miles.
71 Posts
But how do headlights survive this long?
I had the same situation on my 06 Camry XLT. Replaced the entire headlight assemblies in 2018 before I gave the car to my son and still had Silverstars in it from 2009. But just because the bulbs are stamped 2006 they could have been purchased anytime between 06 and when you bought the truck. NEW OLD STOCK at the store. I'm pretty sure a rep doesn't come into a retailer and switch out headlight dates.

·
Registered
312 Posts
What is odd is that you guys can't accept it isn't doing what you have made up in your minds it's doing.
I don't have time to argue or to waste my time defending something that you guys don't approve of while many people have done this you will continue to keep saying otherwise.
I am over explaining it ,already have moved on and so should the rest of you.
I dunno man. I think posting on an internet forum is universal language for " I have plenty of extra time" can't get but hurt about people disagreeing with you. I recall one of my first posts on here basically starting as a bunch of people making fun of my headlights. I just had to wait a few days for people to ask me how I did it and if I would do theirs. Sometimes you gotta wait for your audience.... Assuming they haven't all asphyxiated in their trucks.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Snagged a base plate for the hi-lift and went ahead and picked up another soft shackle. Figured it's time to get serious about having enough recovery gear for more complicated rescues rather than just the basics.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I dunno man. I think posting on an internet forum is universal language for " I have plenty of extra time" can't get but hurt about people disagreeing with you. I recall one of my first posts on here basically starting as a bunch of people making fun of my headlights. I just had to wait a few days for people to ask me how I did it and if I would do theirs. Sometimes you gotta wait for your audience.... Assuming they haven't all asphyxiated in their trucks.
I'm not expecting anyone to copy what i did this is just the method i choose and it works for me.

We all do as we wish when it comes to mods ,my understanding though is people judge before they understand and that is what bothers at times.

Nobody is choking in their trucks y'all need to stop lol

I can go further and say some know their stuff but many will repeat someone else's jibber jabber instead of actually knowing that was my point a monkey can work on a car but that doesn't mean he's a mechanic basically how i looked at this lol no harm no foul.;):cool:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Okay, so I haven't actually DONE any of these to my truck yet, but there a couple of interesting ideas, including the one with storage inside the bumper, that could be implemented with a fairly minimal amount of heavy lifting. A few I thought though, were just plain dumb. To each, his own.

41621 - 41640 of 41671 Posts