Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41061 - 41080 of 42118 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I added Katana's about 2 months ago and the I went led crazy! Put in all Diode Dynamic interior leds and moved my older backup leds to the cargo lights. Then I added the Xpr's. With the Labor Day sale I decided to get the SS3 foglights and a 18" Stage Series light bar. Now I will finally be happy with my Pro 4X's lighting!!!
How are the SS3's? did you go with the pros? can you take a pic at night with them on/off?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Reactions: GunmetalSV

·
Registered
396 Posts
If I understand correctly, you want to install a bright light, mounted inside on the dashboard? If that's correct, you pretty much need to make a bezel and put it flush against the windshield. Other than that, you will get an insane amount of glare that will make looking out the windshield very difficult.
I thought the same thing but then I tested with a work light inside and it seems like it wouldn't be as bad as you'd think. Plus I would likely only use when stopped or on the back of the truck looking over the top. But it's a good point, and if it is an issue I'll mount it on top. I've got two boxes more or less permanently fixed to the roof, and I'm thinking of putting a pan tilt security camera on one of them. I saw some that auto track people, so a camera on one and a light on the other would be fine. You can see them in this old pic. Man I'm so glad I blacked everything out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A busy day ...

Oil change
90k inspection (A ok!)
BMV registeration
New RainX silicone wiper blades
Ran wiring for backup camera
Put on camera
Installed new pioneer head unit with bluetooth

Backup camera isn't working yet. I need to troubleshoot it, clean up the wiring and do the bluetooth bypass tomorrow

·
Registered
502 Posts
Bought my Frontier over a year ago with 50kish. Just barely getting to do the front and rear diff oil change.. pretty sure it had never been changed before.. now at 65k.. :oops:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Reactions: erturne

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Finished painting my new Hefty Fabworks front bumper. Should hopefully have some time on Sunday morning to install it. 🤞

View attachment 321879
Lookin sharp. We should all be a little better armoured up for the next trip to Washington Jefferson Forest.

Reactions: erturne

·
Registered
989 Posts
Bought my Frontier over a year ago with 50kish. Just barely getting to do the front and rear diff oil change.. pretty sure it had never been changed before.. now at 65k.. :oops:
Just did mine last weekend with about 40,000 miles. No surprises. The magnetic drain plugs had a grease-like substance, but that's not unusual. It's super fine metal dust with heavy gear oil. I'm just glad that the diffs have drain plugs. On previous trucks, I had to pull diff covers that darn near felt like they were welded on.

Reactions: NCalFrontier

·
Registered
169 Posts
Making more progress, got the 1/0 in to the cab, wired
and installed the sub in the Fox Box. I need to run the speaker wire to the front drivers door and dash and then I can start putting the interior back together.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just did mine last weekend with about 40,000 miles. No surprises. The magnetic drain plugs had a grease-like substance, but that's not unusual. It's super fine metal dust with heavy gear oil. I'm just glad that the diffs have drain plugs. On previous trucks, I had to pull diff covers that darn near felt like they were welded on.
Exactly what mine had on it, that grease-like sludge but oil looked fine given the mileage. I'll tell you what, getting that factory fill plug off was a B**ch with no air tools, that silicone/sealant stuff really had it secured in place.

Good news is that since it's broken now it should be easier next time!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've got to adjust the cuts a little. I cut some places too small, it would look better if it filled out the area better, and I've got to made the edges prettier, and then paint it... Otherwise for 40$ to do all the doors, it's much cheaper than the admittedly nicer molle panels made from metal, and will serve the same purpose. Ikea has tons of things you can use on the boards, and I assume most peg board accessories would work too.

·
Registered
2016 SV, 4x4, LWB
4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got to adjust the cuts a little. I cut some places too small, it would look better if it filled out the area better, and I've got to made the edges prettier, and then paint it... Otherwise for 40$ to do all the doors, it's much cheaper than the admittedly nicer molle panels made from metal, and will serve the same purpose. Ikea has tons of things you can use on the boards, and I assume most peg board accessories would work too. View attachment 321892 View attachment 321893 View attachment 321894
But, you cant actually add anything that is MOLLE to it, the straps wont fit, and the holes are the wrong direction? ..........you made a peg board?

41061 - 41080 of 42118 Posts