Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41041 - 41060 of 42118 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I like that. What product did you use?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Rust-Oleum bed liner. Ive found prepping by scuffing and sanding, then one coat at 1.5 feet wait 3-5 minutes, then 2-5 dustings from around 2 to 2.5 feet gives a nice texture and color. And if you let it bake in the sun for a day or two this stuff is insanely hard and strong

·
Registered
487 Posts
Rust-Oleum bed liner. Ive found prepping by scuffing and sanding, then one coat at 1.5 feet wait 3-5 minutes, then 2-5 dustings from around 2 to 2.5 feet gives a nice texture and color. And if you let it bake in the sun for a day or two this stuff is insanely hard and strong
Thank you. I had taken mine apart earlier this year and tried a compound that I bought off Amazon and it didn't darken it like I wanted it to, so I may try this.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thank you. I had taken mine apart earlier this year and tried a compound that I bought off Amazon and it didn't darken it like I wanted it to, so I may try this.
Make sure to get all the compound off. They are usually snake oil wax. I tried a few until I figured that out. I've used this for a while on another vehicles grill and for well over a year it's been good n strong with no fade to speak of. Best of all it's about 7$ a can. Make sure to actually shake it well and I tip the can upside down for that first coat..... It's the strong, the dustings are the pretty. I did the spoiler and bed rails too. I think someone at Nissan actually thought grey was a good idea.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Put the topper back on't truck.
Snowboard season's a'comin'.
View attachment 321812
I appreciate the regional differences for terminology. I was asking a tool box maker whether their product would work with a "camper shell". He said it works with "toppers". Thinking a "topper" was closer to a tonneau cover, I asked what that was.

Heck, I bought my "camper shell" from a place called Camper Shell Land.

Make sure to get all the compound off. They are usually snake oil wax. I tried a few until I figured that out. I've used this for a while on another vehicles grill and for well over a year it's been good n strong with no fade to speak of. Best of all it's about 7$ a can. Make sure to actually shake it well and I tip the can upside down for that first coat..... It's the strong, the dustings are the pretty. I did the spoiler and bed rails too. I think someone at Nissan actually thought grey was a good idea. View attachment 321811 View attachment 321809
You know, I never considered using bed liner. Makes sense though...takes years to fade and it gives traction. I use Stoner's Trim Shine. The look lasts 2-4 weeks and takes 5 minutes to apply. When I stop being lazy I'll repaint it with bedliner. The other options were trim and bumper paint, regular paint for plastic, or plasti-dip, all of which seemed like they'd wear or peel off.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ok so you all know the semi useless little tray/cubby above our radios right? I've been looking at remote controlled 360° spot lights, but I know that will result in excessive noise when mounted on the roof... What about right there in that c Ideally a manually controlled one would be used. These seem to have a handle on the back and could be made to work manually I'd think. But also being able to turn it on and off remotely from outside would be neat too. I can already turn all of my lights one and off from a key fob .

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Frontier Crew cab LWB SV Lifted CAI and Alum TB Spacer Pedal Commander
37 Posts
Got bored this weekend. So I installed some extra lights! IMG_20200913_193351507.jpg IMG_20200913_200900301.jpg

·
Registered
989 Posts
Ok so you all know the semi useless little tray/cubby above our radios right? I've been looking at remote controlled 360° spot lights, but I know that will result in excessive noise when mounted on the roof... What about right there in that c Ideally a manually controlled one would be used. These seem to have a handle on the back and could be made to work manually I'd think. But also being able to turn it on and off remotely from outside would be neat too. I can already turn all of my lights one and off from a key fob . View attachment 321845
If I understand correctly, you want to install a bright light, mounted inside on the dashboard? If that's correct, you pretty much need to make a bezel and put it flush against the windshield. Other than that, you will get an insane amount of glare that will make looking out the windshield very difficult.

Reactions: MiniDuti

·
Premium Member
6,073 Posts
I appreciate the regional differences for terminology. I was asking a tool box maker whether their product would work with a "camper shell". He said it works with "toppers". Thinking a "topper" was closer to a tonneau cover, I asked what that was.

Heck, I bought my "camper shell" from a place called Camper Shell Land.

You know, I never considered using bed liner. Makes sense though...takes years to fade and it gives traction. I use Stoner's Trim Shine. The look lasts 2-4 weeks and takes 5 minutes to apply. When I stop being lazy I'll repaint it with bedliner. The other options were trim and bumper paint, regular paint for plastic, or plasti-dip, all of which seemed like they'd wear or peel off.
Funny. There is a shop up the road from my work called "Toppers and more"...…. So... YMMV.....

41041 - 41060 of 42118 Posts