Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41021 - 41040 of 42118 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SV CC 4x4
24 Posts
Upgraded my tires to 265/75, same Goodyear Ultraterrains and finally got around to installing my 3 inch leveling kit. Thank God for friends with lifts in their garages! Saved me about a grand in labor 👍🏾
How do you like those tires so far? Ive been looking at those for a while now.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
17 Posts
Honestly, I have no complaints. They did great through the tropical storm and seem to release dirt well when I’m off road on my buddies ranch. I wouldn’t trust them rock crawling due to the lack of Kevlar side wall but for moderate off road use and highway ride quality I’d say go for it!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Upgraded my tires to 265/75, same Goodyear Ultraterrains and finally got around to installing my 3 inch leveling kit. Thank God for friends with lifts in their garages! Saved me about a grand in labor 👍🏾 View attachment 321714
I have been looking at the Ultra Terrains since they're only 1 lb heavier than my stock Hankook ATMs at the 265-75 R16 size. How do you like them?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Added a cutoff switch for the cargo lights. Got tired of them coming on every time I opened any door on the truck, day or night.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
17 Posts
I have been looking at the Ultra Terrains since they're only 1 lb heavier than my stock Hankook ATMs at the 265-75 R16 size. How do you like them?
No complaints here, they ride great!

Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Registered
193 Posts
View attachment 321576 View attachment 321577 Been a while since I've posted anything...not than anyone has lost any sleep over that.

But I figured everyone should share when they install a new bumper!

Being that I have been wanting to pick up a new hobby, I got a new welder. I got some practice in, but then I decided to dive in and get a weldable kit. I really like the look of the coastal offroad bumper so I went ahead and ordered one. All in all it took probably 3 days to assemble. I was probably overly- careful about the strength of my welds, if there is such a thing. Not going to pretend like the welds were beautiful. But it was a great place to start and get some practice. And i think it turned out awesome!

The instructions were clear and easy to follow. This did take patience, and help from a couple of friends and more experienced welders was welcomed.

Winch and light pods will be installed soon. Next welding project will probably be the radiator skid, followed by the rear bumper with swing out tire carrier. Just need to keep practicing!

Cheers!

Matt
I love that grill. How’d you do that???!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I was going to do something like that but did not find a spot deep enough for the depth and wiring even with my bedliner crevices.
This box fit like it was made to go in there, Pro4 sprayed-in bed liner. Its a Carlon 1-1/2" HD electrical pull-box elbow, made for PVC Schedule 40 and 80 plastic conduit, got it at Lowe's for like $7.00. Mounted it directly below the UtiliTrack back by the driver's taillamp assy. Video to follow on Friday.
Sigma Electric Pro Connex BX – MC – Flex screw-in connector 3/8” Trade Size 1/2” Knockout.
Two 1-1/2" DWV plumbing temporary cap fittings / knockout plugs.
Total project cost about $35.00 not including wire, which I keep in bulk spools in the garage - shop area.
Oh yeah, BIG NOTE to everybody too who's thinking of doing this or any electrical components and using the bed as a ground point. Drove me crazy for about 5 minutes til I figured out what was going on. I was only getting 5.6v reading at the power socket and when I plugged in my portable compressor, everything in the power strip died. LOL long story short, the bed isn't ground bonded by the factory, its on rubber isolator bushings between the bed n frame, so the electrical conductivity sucks. I added a 10GA black ground bond from the trailer hitch mounting pad for the factory 7 pin hangs-down style socket bracket, since mine's in the bumper and this pad conveniently already has 3 holes in it; and ran that to a bolt, lockwashers n nut that I threaded through a new hole I drilled in a hidden pinchweld area behind the taillamp assy. Clean off the paint to get a good connection and Bingo, 12.3v at rest and compressor is happy. Really Nissan, really?

Reactions: rdp91356 and Zedbra

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Nice little setup there.. mine has the line a bed insert. I figured I could find a spot in it that had some clearance behind it but no luck..pretty tight.
I can see where your setup would fit nicely under that utilitrack, good thinking!

·
Registered
989 Posts
How do you like those tires so far? Ive been looking at those for a while now.
I did a write-up on 'em when I picked 'em up earlier this year.

·
Registered
396 Posts
This box fit like it was made to go in there, Pro4 sprayed-in bed liner. Its a Carlon 1-1/2" HD electrical pull-box elbow, made for PVC Schedule 40 and 80 plastic conduit, got it at Lowe's for like $7.00. Mounted it directly below the UtiliTrack back by the driver's taillamp assy. Video to follow on Friday.
Sigma Electric Pro Connex BX – MC – Flex screw-in connector 3/8” Trade Size 1/2” Knockout.
Two 1-1/2" DWV plumbing temporary cap fittings / knockout plugs.
Total project cost about $35.00 not including wire, which I keep in bulk spools in the garage - shop area.
Oh yeah, BIG NOTE to everybody too who's thinking of doing this or any electrical components and using the bed as a ground point. Drove me crazy for about 5 minutes til I figured out what was going on. I was only getting 5.6v reading at the power socket and when I plugged in my portable compressor, everything in the power strip died. LOL long story short, the bed isn't ground bonded by the factory, its on rubber isolator bushings between the bed n frame, so the electrical conductivity sucks. I added a 10GA black ground bond from the trailer hitch mounting pad for the factory 7 pin hangs-down style socket bracket, since mine's in the bumper and this pad conveniently already has 3 holes in it; and ran that to a bolt, lockwashers n nut that I threaded through a new hole I drilled in a hidden pinchweld area behind the taillamp assy. Clean off the paint to get a good connection and Bingo, 12.3v at rest and compressor is happy. Really Nissan, really?
View attachment 321754
View attachment 321755
View attachment 321756
This is great. I think I'll add this to the truck!

41021 - 41040 of 42118 Posts