Nissan Frontier Forum banner

40581 - 40600 of 40644 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Just got done washing the Rogue and Frontier. Too dark for pictures tonight.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,379 Posts
I don't know what any of them thar numbers you done did said mean, but I heard truck , deal and fully loaded in the same word line , so I'ma go ahead and give y'all a like.
Allow me to dumb it down for ya.
2018 Pro4x with only 860 miles on the ododmeter for $26k.

·
Registered
Great truck
872 Posts
the wife picked a truck to replace her little escape. I put this here because she is trying to sell my little frontier off. she bought a texas edition titan crew cab so now she says we no longer need my cool guy frontier.

unfortunately, she is right. I bought the frontier to carry my bicycle to bike rides/events and hopefully pull the rv with. I never got to try the rv but the numbers said it would do it. the titan came with brake controller installed at the factory and tons of towing power plus the short bed on it is long enough the carry my bicycle so it meets all the truck needs I had when buying the frontier.

so I am stalling on letting the frontier go because I like it. I know its a losing battle because you know how married life is and she got rid of her little titanium escape to get a truck she is afraid to drive, for us. she wants to sell my truck to get a little gas mileage car for back and forth to work.

she doesn't like the frontier because its "old" and feels funny :(

·
Rogue Admin
13,272 Posts
she doesn't like the frontier because its "old" and feels funny :(

Word of advice - don't ever say the same thing about your wife, to your wife. ;)

·
Registered
582 Posts
..well.. since we are talking hybrids, electrics, etc. I'd much rather drive a first gen chevy volt than a prius or any variation of the other cars mentioned above.
A PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) is what I ultimately want. Whoever makes a PHEV pickup truck at a reasonable cost is going to get a pre-order from me. I think it's the best of both worlds. Even conservatively, if I had a PHEV truck that had 20 miles of all-electric range, that would suffice for a vast majority of trips.

And on those longer trips, I could switch to HEV mode and save the all-electric range for those short 2-3 mile hops in town at my destination, thereby saving wear and tear on the engine.

Why not get a Leaf?
Funny you mention the Leaf. A friend of mine picked up a first-gen Leaf from CarMax for $5000 a couple years ago. He got a brand new OEM battery installed at a Nissan dealership for another $5000 out-the-door. The battery has an 8-year, 100,000 mile factory warranty for defects other than capacity loss. That is covered by a 5-year, 60,000 mile warranty on capacity loss of more than 20%.

So for $10,000 up front, he basically drives for free. He's hoping to get 100,000 basically-free miles before he sells the car. He has a 40-mile one-way commute with a charging station at work that's free to use. If the charging station is being used or out-of-service, he can plug into a 15-amp outlet on the side of the building and charge enough in 8 hours to get home with range to spare.

As for me, I'd like to get a PHEV over a BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) for reasons stated earlier.

she wants to sell my truck to get a little gas mileage car for back and forth to work.
Are you getting/considering a Prius or other HEV or PHEV after this discussion? Lol

Reactions: }{Pro-4X}{

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Frontier Crew cab LWB SV Lifted CAI and Alum TB Spacer Pedal Commander
7 Posts
did you have to use an adapter or do we have the same lug nut pattern? Got another pic of the wheels? Looks great!
I purchased wheel adapters. I like the ride better on the larger wheels and tires.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Spent several hours (with a bad back twisted like Gumby) routing cables for front/rear dash cam
I only wanted backup camera but decided to be ready for round 2 of Seattle CHAZ-CHOP anarchist,
rioters... pounding on my car might be a good investment. I chose the Rexing V1 Pro which seemed
like a good mid-price unit.

·
Registered
Great truck
872 Posts
No, prius. They are not bad but it would be for my wife and she doesnt seem to be interested in them.

That titan is nice. Better gas mileage then my cool guy frontier.

No bites on the frontier for sale so as long as no one buys, she stays here for my wife to drive to work. I told her no new car unless the frontier sells and then listed it high enough with a firm price that we should be keeping her for a bit.

I was adjusting the torsion bars and slit my fingers open on the passenger side heat shield again. It seems that no matter how i hold the wrench, when the torque breaks, my hand slides across that heat shield's jagged edge. Luckily this time doesn't appear to need stitches. (Not that i got them last time, duck tape worked fine)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Spent several hours (with a bad back twisted like Gumby) routing cables for front/rear dash cam
I only wanted backup camera but decided to be ready for round 2 of Seattle CHAZ-CHOP anarchist,
rioters... pounding on my car might be a good investment. I chose the Rexing V1 Pro which seemed
like a good mid-price unit.
A good way to get ready for anarchists is to invest in precious metals. Lead and Brass. I've got my stockpile ready.

40581 - 40600 of 40644 Posts