Nissan Frontier Forum banner

40561 - 40580 of 40641 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Pro-4X
23 Posts
Believe me, I'm not a fan of Priuses either. I'd much rather get a Honda Accord hybrid or the new Toyota Corolla hybrid. I consider those the thinking man's Prius since they get nearly the same fuel economy but look like normal cars.

The Ford Escape hybrid and Toyota RAV4 hybrid are also contenders. They aren't much more expensive (the Toyota hybrid is $900 more than an equivalent non-hybrid) and since I won't be looking for a few years anyway, it gives the current owners time to rack up some miles and depreciate their cars lol. I'd also much prefer a crossover over a sedan.
Why not get a Leaf?

We had the dilemma last year of getting a 4th vehicle lol. My son wiped out the wife's Ford Escape in the snow. At the time we also had my 3 series Beamer, and a Civic. When the money came in from the insurance, we started looking at vehicles, and that's when I bought the Frontier.

Unfortunately, that meant that my wife and I were 'sharing' my truck (daughter drives my Beamer, son drives the Civic). Which isn't a huge problem, as I work out of town for 2 weeks at a time (then 1 week back home).

The 'issues' were this though: it meant someone had to drive me to the airport on my fly days (about 1~1.5 hrs depending on traffic), then drive and pick me up when I flew back home (4+ hours of wasted driving time for one of them). On top of that, my wife was using my truck as her daily driver/commuter, and was complaining about the amount she was spending on gas each week (about 100$ +).

The solution, was to get the Leaf. I could then drive myself to the airport, and leave it there for the 2 weeks I was away, and no one would have to pick me up (company I work for pays for the parking). On top of that, the 400$+ per month she was spending on gas, almost covered the entire monthly payment of the Leaf. It was a win/win for everyone.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well Rock Auto shipping was a day early. 24hrs from order yesterday to delivery this morning. So what a job replacing the lower control arms is. I new the seized bolts were gonna be tough, but holy cow. Thankfully after screwing with the first side for over 4 hours the bolt finally broke free of the bushing sleeve. It's all about the heat. Second side was done in an hour.

I thought I had put enough heat on the first bolt multiple times. It wasn't. I was using a propane soldering torch. I finally just let it sit on the head for a good 15 min. The bushing was smoking like crazy and that's when it broke free. Once the impact was able to get the bolt spinning it was easy to hammer out.

I let the swaybar off as well to see how it rides. It's great going down the road or through the hay field. I tested some evasive turns at a slow speed and boy was it noticeable. Stiffer springs sure would be helpful in those circumstances. So I'll be putting the sway bar back on.

I made a mistake though. I thought I had trimmed the coil bucket enough on the passenger side. Well I didn't and it cut the rubber boot on the SPC ball joint.

Other than that the truck rides nice and looks pretty good. I need to adjust the cam bolts a little and install the AAL in the rear tomorrow.
Took me about 15 mins each arm maybe less

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Frontier nismo
29 Posts
Painted the faded and chipped mudflaps and painted the faded tailgate trim. Used Duplicolor bumper and trim paint. I like it a whole lot better than Plastidip.

Also added two decals to the back window:

·
Registered
Great truck
872 Posts
The wife almost took this home from the dealership last night. They put so much cost add on for the lift and other accessories that it made the payment to much and i said no. 585 a month and its just a 4x4 sv. They have it listed for 42k.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Lol.. yeah they’re smoking crack.. is it a 2019?
May be something stronger'n crack. What is that, about a 300 - 400% markup on those parts? They'e completely insane.

·
Registered
2018 Pro-4X
23 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, had 100 miles on it. They said they built 5 this year and regretted it the first meeting nth because the cost made them impossible to sell
They mean it didn't make as much as they wanted. The lift prolly cost them 1000 since their employees are hourly. Dealers tend to be scum. 42k would buy you a nicer truck for sure lol

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
Great truck
872 Posts
Yup, i told them they were way high on the lift prices because my buddy owns trucker's world, the main lift shop here in town and its not that much for lifting higher on bigger trucks.

Shoot, lifting my cherokee 6.5" inches was only 700 and that included control arm relocation and track bars. The wheels and tires made that cost alot but not the lift

·
Registered
2018 Pro-4X
23 Posts
Yup, i told them they were way high on the lift prices because my buddy owns trucker's world, the main lift shop here in town and its not that much for lifting higher on bigger trucks.

Shoot, lifting my cherokee 6.5" inches was only 700 and that included control arm relocation and track bars. The wheels and tires made that cost alot but not the lift

Also, lol at 'SALE, must go' on the windshield. 42k US is now a 'sale'? Really makes me appreciate how much of a deal I got on mine.

34.9k CANADIAN for a fully loaded 2018 Pro-4X, with dealer installed side step rails and tonneau cover. It was 'used, as a guy who was a long time customer of the dealership bought it thinking he wanted a truck, only to return it just over 5 months later and trade it in for a Murano. It had 1385 km on it when I drove it off the lot.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Also, lol at 'SALE, must go' on the windshield. 42k US is now a 'sale'? Really makes me appreciate how much of a deal I got on mine.

34.9k CANADIAN for a fully loaded 2018 Pro-4X, with dealer installed side step rails and tonneau cover. It was 'used, as a guy who was a long time customer of the dealership bought it thinking he wanted a truck, only to return it just over 5 months later and trade it in for a Murano. It had 1385 km on it when I drove it off the lot.
I don't know what any of them thar numbers you done did said mean, but I heard truck , deal and fully loaded in the same word line , so I'ma go ahead and give y'all a like.

40561 - 40580 of 40641 Posts