Nissan Frontier Forum banner

40341 - 40360 of 40633 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SV CC LWB 4x4 auto
180 Posts
Man I like that color as others said but my question is. Are you going to lift it? If so leave black for now.

With the lift any water on it from morning dew or rain flies straight at the windshield when you get to going. So I am constantly running wipers when it ain't even raining during early hours.

I am thinking of going with the flat to the hood style ones next. Here is mine with a 2" inch lift up front and by now probably a 1.25 lift in the back. I am sitting darn level.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
She is lifted. 2" up front and 1.5 in the rear. Sharp looking bike, love the naked look

Reactions: Steebo46&2

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got you . Do flat black reflector and gloss black ( maybe even color matched touch up paint) on the housing of the projector. I like the halos... But intended to get the clear glass ones so I could turn them off and hide them.... But I've got to take the headlights down again
. Put the projectors in upside down lol
Yeah, I'm gonna be eating those halo words... ;)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Pulled the trigger on my Hefty parts. Engine, transmission and transfer skids in aluminium, winging their way to MD in about 5 to 6 weeks. Very excited, planning on some more off-roading in Maine this September.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Frontier Crew cab LWB SV Lifted CAI and Alum TB Spacer Pedal Commander
7 Posts
Changed over my wheels for the summer. I'm running Chevy Z-71 wheel during the summer and Ram wheels for the winter. I ordered an OEM roof rack this week. Can't wait to install it when we get back from SC. I also added D40-X decals this week. This truck will drive me broke but at least I'll have fun doing it!

·
Registered
77 Posts
So previously I did an aux battery system in a can on the back of my truck, but now I've run wires here and there on the rack for lights and cameras etc... I've decided to consolidate the wiring and relays to a bolted down waterproof case. It will have a battery, solar panel hardware for the left/right cameras... Gps locator and some storage space , as well as hiding the wire mess for the wireless relays for the lights on the roof rack. The gas can has terminals on the bottom so when it is on the holder it charges from the trucks main batter /solar system, but has a large battery and inverter in it that can be taken to a secondary location if needed

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Frontier Crew cab LWB SV Lifted CAI and Alum TB Spacer Pedal Commander
7 Posts
I just returned those taillights. I wanted them so bad but they just had too many gaps for my truck:(
Yeah, I'm not happy with them. I have one that's a chip out of the side. No idea why. I plan on wrapping the original ones and reinstalling them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just returned those tail lights. I wanted them so bad but they just had too many gaps for my truck:(
Oh no! :(

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 CC SV 4x4 LWB
151 Posts
How well does paint stick to the Plasti-dip?
So after a few days of driving, both city and highway, and running her through a car wash, the paint has held up fairly nicely. I had a feeling that since the Plasti-Dip isn't a smooth finish, it'd give the paint a good surface to grab on to. I would advise painting a few coats to avoid any thin spots.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Washed a weeks worth of offroad off the outside and underside. Then vacuumed a weeks worth of dust and grime out, and did a clean on the inside.

·
Registered
2012 CC SV 4x4 LWB
151 Posts
Completed my 6" Rough Country lift Thursday. I didn't want to go the Titan swap route and I don't do any sort of extreme off-roading. Just the typical forest service roads and minimally maintained unpaved roads. Not worried about clearance or suspension travel. I don't plan on selling or returning to stock so the modifications required were of no concern for me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Right side -

Left side -
They don’t look any darker than stock on eBay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A few weeks ago the truck was throwing out a P0300 code for cylinder 1. I changed the coil pack, and the truck ran well until I got another P0300 code, this time for cylinder 3. Changed that coil pack.

This past Wednesday, yet another P0300 code. Changing the coils was enough of a pain, I brought it to the mechanic to just go ahead and change all the coils.

Apparently the mechanic is having issues with his ex wife. Something happened where she may or may not have kidnapped his kids. I'm not too sure on the details.

So my truck has been sitting at his shop since Wednesday not being worked on. I hope to have it back on Monday. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Let me ask yalls opinion on something; should I paint the chrome uprights on the grill black? I was thinking of using something like Duplicolor's Shadow Chrome Blackout. I would keep the chrome-ish billet grills the same.

40341 - 40360 of 40633 Posts