Nissan Frontier Forum banner

40141 - 40160 of 40359 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
A bit on the smallish size perhaps. Def won't have to do any trimming though.
That's kind of the idea. the truck is an s trim so it's originally came with 15 inch wheels. Not looking to go anything extreme just trying to stay stock size at this point

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
........ My Scan Gauge 2 has been reporting a typical trans temp of of high 150s to low 160’s during extended highway cruising so that is a metric I’ll be paying attention over the next few days and weeks.
I have an actual guage in the test port near the cooler lines and that's right about what mine usually runs as well, so unless we're both getting faulty readings ( unlikely ), that validates in my mind that using the test port is pretty much as accurate as using the in-built temp sensors that Nissan already provided. Good to know.

Reactions: RStrick

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I’m monitoring both. After my second drive I was seeing 156 in AT2 and 149 in AT1 during a 60mph cruise for a few miles. Marginally cooler than what I was seeing during my first trip after the first 4 quarts. I’ll add that I’m in eastern NC and it’s 90 degrees and quite humid today, for reference. I’ve got a 40 mile round trip later today of mostly highway driving that I’m anxious to see the results from.
Let us know I’m anxious to know myself about what to expect. I want to try my scan gauge in our pathfinder after I run my truck a few times with it to get use to what it reads pretty regularly. I done the bypass on our pathfinder about three years and anxious to see the difference.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Let us know I’m anxious to know myself about what to expect. I want to try my scan gauge in our pathfinder after I run my truck a few times with it to get use to what it reads pretty regularly. I done the bypass on our pathfinder about three years and anxious to see the difference.
Temps for both were in the low to even 150' range. When speed was constant for a decent amount of time at 63mph, pan temp would be 150' with converter temp being 152'. I have another 4qts, bought a case, that I may drain and fill with soon just to ensure the majority of the fluid has been replaced with the AMSOIL

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Had the under body coated professionally with New Hampshire Oil Undercoating! Looks awesome, will get some pics later today or tomorrow
Had mine done the last 2yrs. Since your truck is new did you get the wax and oil?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes one in south alabama on I10. I live about 10 minutes from it. It was the talk of the town for a while.
I am close to it too. Relatively, that is.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
Great truck
676 Posts
I will see in December when we head over to Charleston and then up to camp lejuene.

I think there is one between corpus and Houston and I know there is one north of San Antonio because I stopped there last weekend, again. :)

40141 - 40160 of 40359 Posts