Nissan Frontier Forum banner

39861 - 39880 of 39890 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you're referring to the side-step lamps, then yes, they do, either on door open or activation of the cargo lamp dash switch.
The OE harness has a relay in it for the cargo lamps, not 100% sure why Nissan felt 2 small bulbs required a relay, but I would have added one anyway otherwise, never smart to overdraw a solid state module ( BCM ) w/o having any idea what current it was built to handle.
Came out great, went outside here in MD after it was dark and had a look, they throw a puddle at least 20 to 24" from the truck outward, and very nearly the full length of the entire cab step. Boss is very pleased. Especially since the whole kit was only $21.00 and I still have 1 x 5' strip left, it came with 3 and an in-line fuse holder w/ switch. They seem to be pretty high quality, majorly surprising at this price point. The outer sheathing is a soft waterproof silicone and they flex quite easily. They can be shorted but then you must reglue the cut end to reseal it. They claim to have 3M brand adhesive tape, we shall see. I girdled them with a few wire-ties at strategic points to bolster the adhesive.

I bought a set like this for the bed of my truck, with a shell. Really lights it up.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
If you're referring to the side-step lamps, then yes, they do, either on door open or activation of the cargo lamp dash switch.
The OE harness has a relay in it for the cargo lamps, not 100% sure why Nissan felt 2 small bulbs required a relay, but I would have added one anyway otherwise, never smart to overdraw a solid state module ( BCM ) w/o having any idea what current it was built to handle.
Came out great, went outside here in MD after it was dark and had a look, they throw a puddle at least 20 to 24" from the truck outward, and very nearly the full length of the entire cab step. Boss is very pleased. Especially since the whole kit was only $21.00 and I still have 1 x 5' strip left, it came with 3 and an in-line fuse holder w/ switch. They seem to be pretty high quality, majorly surprising at this price point. The outer sheathing is a soft waterproof silicone and they flex quite easily. They can be shorted but then you must reglue the cut end to reseal it. They claim to have 3M brand adhesive tape, we shall see. I girdled them with a few wire-ties at strategic points to bolster the adhesive. If they start to peel, I'll just pull them off, and put a genuine 3M strip on 'em and smack 'em back on again.

Awesome I bet that looks pretty good when lit. I used the same stuff in my truck bed, can’t beat the price!

·
Registered
13 Posts
@ 10,303 Miles. Just swapped a few OEM bulbs to LEDs:

Third Brake Light – (Diode Dynamics 194 HP3 LED Bulb Red), Cargo Lights – (Sylvania ZEVO 921), Brake Lights – (Sylvania ZEVO 3157R LED Red Bulb), Backup Lights – (Sylvania ZEVO 921), License Plate Lights – (Sylvania ZEVO 168).

I was surprised to see the gasket for the third brake light wasn't double-sided sticky - I had anticipated having to tear this one apart, so I had bought one in advance. Turns out I didn't need to use it after all.

Debating on whether or not it's worth replacing the incandescent bulbs with LEDs is worth the hassle of dealing with resistors to prevent potential hyperflashing.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Awesome I bet that looks pretty good when lit. I used the same stuff in my truck bed, can’t beat the price!
I'm strongly considering that too, I have a tonneau cover as well, if I order one more kit then I'll have two extra's left over, which could be used somewhere else.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Got some rear shock skids I need to install, and ordered a set of black bump stops. Gave the red ones i had to a buddy.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Step 1) Ordered the carbon fiber front fenders and bedsides from Fiberwerx back in February
Step 2) Received the fenders on Friday, May 22
Step 3) Fenders going on...
Pictures or it didn't happen :)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Bought 8 2004? Pathfinder wheels.Refurbished.

·
Registered
59 Posts
On sale again so picked up an AFE exhaust and intake. I had an Injen intake on previously but wanted more of an OEM look with just some added performance.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I build custom computers as well for like 15 years now so let’s not get started on how expensive that hobby is :confused:
NYK, LOL, ya got that one right. I built my last one, ground up, it's the one I'm typing on now. Samsung 860 EVO 256GB SSD boot drive, RAID10 Western Digital Caviar Blacks, Core i5, 24GB RAM, CoolerMaster twin fan CPU heat sink. EVGA SuperNova 850 Bronze P/S.

39861 - 39880 of 39890 Posts