Nissan Frontier Forum banner

39841 - 39860 of 39889 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
What MIL thickness did you use?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
50 mil. Video to be posted Friday on my YouTube channel.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Installed new breather hose (goes from engine to intake)(p/n 11826-ZL80B - $21.60 off eBay), as it was cracking and I had to trim a little off during my radiator install. So a new one was in order.

Also changed the rear axle fluid. Fluid looked good coming out, but with 170k miles, figured I'd do it, not knowing what the previous owner had done.

All told, took about 45 minutes or so.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
with everyone talking about crankshaft and camshaft sensors, my passenger side camshaft sensor finally threw a code today. P0340. had one little hiccup while driving to get my parents mulch. Went to start the truck back up and it took 2 attempts s to start, followed by a service engine soon light. Should have her all fixed by the end of the day tomorrow. I will be using an OEM sensor.

·
Registered
2018 Arctic Blue SV KC 2WD V6 AT.
7 Posts
Put some rubber nonskid mats in all my trays. Another little thing to spruce up the truck to match seat covers. View attachment 317128 View attachment 317129 View attachment 317130 View attachment 317131
Are yours made by Auovo? I found one set on Amazon, all black. I found another site where they have red, blue, or white (glow-in-dark) rings, but they are out of stock.
Auovo Anti Dust Mats for Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 2005-2019

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts

Going to order, Ben knows tube placement valveing.
want 14" reservoirs .

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
with everyone talking about crankshaft and camshaft sensors, my passenger side camshaft sensor finally threw a code today. P0340. had one little hiccup while driving to get my parents mulch. Went to start the truck back up and it took 2 attempts s to start, followed by a service engine soon light. Should have her all fixed by the end of the day tomorrow. I will be using an OEM sensor.
All fixed!!

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
1,900 Posts
Put in the Xterra driver seat butterman2473 got me when he was at his local junkyard.

Dude, what a difference. Adjustable front and rear of lower cushion heights, lumbar adjustments, and the cushion is so much fuller feeling than the old 235k mile original seat
People are now going to know that I'm actually a good dude. My reputation is ruined.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
People are now going to know that I'm actually a good dude. My reputation is ruined.
Don't sweat it, we can keep trashin on you if you want to maintain the bad-boy rep.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Put in the Xterra driver seat butterman2473 got me when he was at his local junkyard.

Dude, what a difference. Adjustable front and rear of lower cushion heights, lumbar adjustments, and the cushion is so much fuller feeling than the old 235k mile original seat
Oh dude, I had a basic non-adjustable seat with my previous '08 SE - It wasn't uncomfortable to me. But man, the adjustments on the seat that came in my '19 P4X are so nice, I don't think I could go back.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Installed LED side-step strips for the misses. 5' each side, glued on to my iArmour steps. On and Off w/ the cargo lamp circuit, tapped into the cargo lamp / third-brake lamp assy while I was relamping and repairing my brakelamp housing. The cargo lamps are off the BCM but through a relay so don't have to worry about current overdraw.

Video details to follow next Friday.

·
Registered
Great teuck
406 Posts
Drove 237 miles up to almost Austin to pick up a transmission for one of the kids cars, ate at chisolm BBQ, and then 237 miles home.

Going up, 17.4 mpg. Coming home, into a 20mph+ headwind, 14.6 mpg.

Truck is rock solid at 80mph going both ways though. Comfortable and solid feeling on the road

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
So these come on when door opens?
If you're referring to the side-step lamps, then yes, they do, either on door open or activation of the cargo lamp dash switch.
The OE harness has a relay in it for the cargo lamps, not 100% sure why Nissan felt 2 small bulbs required a relay, but I would have added one anyway otherwise, never smart to overdraw a solid state module ( BCM ) w/o having any idea what current it was built to handle.
Came out great, went outside here in MD after it was dark and had a look, they throw a puddle at least 20 to 24" from the truck outward, and very nearly the full length of the entire cab step. Boss is very pleased. Especially since the whole kit was only $21.00 and I still have 1 x 5' strip left, it came with 3 and an in-line fuse holder w/ switch. They seem to be pretty high quality, majorly surprising at this price point. The outer sheathing is a soft waterproof silicone and they flex quite easily. They can be shorted but then you must reglue the cut end to reseal it. They claim to have 3M brand adhesive tape, we shall see. I girdled them with a few wire-ties at strategic points to bolster the adhesive. If they start to peel, I'll just pull them off, and put a genuine 3M strip on 'em and smack 'em back on again.

39841 - 39860 of 39889 Posts