Nissan Frontier Forum banner

39821 - 39840 of 39889 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm very happy today I received my Shrockworks Steel Front Bumper, Radiator Protective Skid Plate & Flip-Up Front License Bracket! Extremely pleased with all items. Excellent quality, craftsmanship, & materials. Best of all, Made in U.S.A.!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
More pics. I also am installing a Ramsey 8000 Winch to bumper.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
279 Posts
Minor mods today: swapped the OEM interior bulbs out for Sylvania Zevo DE3175, and the obnoxiously tall OEM back seat head rests for a pair of leather Xterra low-profile head rests. Pics below make the color difference stand out more, in person they're not as noticeable.

Lowest position:
View attachment 317362

First raised notch:
View attachment 317363

Second raised notch:
View attachment 317364

Perspective from the rearview mirror:
View attachment 317365

View from the driver seat:
View attachment 317366
I’m too cheap to buy these headrests and too lazy to look for a pair but when I removed mine it was a night and day difference, one or the best “mods” you can do IMO.

visibility dramatically increased

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m too cheap to buy these headrests and too lazy to look for a pair but when I removed mine it was a night and day difference, one or the best “mods” you can do IMO.

visibility dramatically increased
My previous Frontier didn't have a split rear window - but now my new Frontier has the split window even further reducing what I can see behind me. Still tote my two teenage kids around, so decided to try the shorty head rests instead of pulling them to leave bare. Another plus, is the seat folds down completely even with my front seats all the way back!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I did a thing and added an Airflow snorkel. Also swapped out the Nismo CAI for a Volant with the airflow snorkel adapter. Really happy with the kit, just needed some minor cutting down of some of the plastic ducting to fit behind the fender. Using the drilling template and the actual drilling was not nearly as bad as I expected.

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
JCKeppel, did you use the older Volant necessitating horn relocation? If you used the newer, does it still have a gaping hole in the housing? Inquiring minds et al...

·
Registered
942 Posts
And I think it's time to change my cabin air filters. Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
:LOL:just knock off the dust and debris.... or it MAY be time for some new ones

·
Registered
942 Posts
I did a thing and added an Airflow snorkel. Also swapped out the Nismo CAI for a Volant with the airflow snorkel adapter. Really happy with the kit, just needed some minor cutting down of some of the plastic ducting to fit behind the fender. Using the drilling template and the actual drilling was not nearly as bad as I expected.
View attachment 317393

View attachment 317395
hands down one of the baddest if not THE baddest fronty in the bay area/Nor-cal .... .got to witness this beast in person... made my pro4x look like a toy truck

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
JCKeppel, did you use the older Volant necessitating horn relocation? If you used the newer, does it still have a gaping hole in the housing? Inquiring minds et al...
Yeah I got the older sealed one (#12640 ) without the horn cut-out... I think the newer one still has the giant cut-out hole for the horn. My horns were already re-located so that was easy:D

·
Registered
279 Posts
hands down one of the baddest if not THE baddest fronty in the bay area/Nor-cal .... .got to witness this beast in person... made my pro4x look like a toy truck
Lucky....... Though I'm northbay, so don't know if I'm in the vicinity that would allow me to see this beast cruising around..

·
Registered
942 Posts
I ordered an aully park leather steering wheel wrap. Should be here sometime before my grandchildren have grandchildren. I have some cheapo wraps I'm going to practice with on my xB. Watched a few vids & know what I did wrong in my miata (sold years ago). Really liking my Frontier.

I also had the windows tinted to block the EMF radiation, like I do all my vehicles. Never used cell phones and not a fan of cell phones or cell towers. It's a scientific fact that they use microwave radiation & those things were never tested, except on the human lab rats.
speaking BIG FACTS here brother...... #STOP5G

·
Registered
942 Posts
I ended up liking my wrap on my xB steering wheel so much I cancelled the other order & put the el cheapo I had laying around on my frontier as well. They were less than 3 bucks from china for the kits more than 4 years ago, so I bought several. Trick for me is to cut that thread in half & work it like that. What I like about these is there are no assigned holes for threading so if you skip a bit it's not the end of days.. lolz View attachment 316954
got a link for that?

·
Registered
942 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Installed three layers of Siless on my inner C-Pillars, both sides, and two layers on the rear cab panel below the window. So far, only had occasion for a short trip after completion, like maybe 4 miles at best, but my wife and I both think it's noticeably quieter, and she's not one for the placebo effect, by a long-shot. I got a box of 52 sq ft, going to finish up her RAV4s rear area as well, a lot of suspension and road noise creeps into what's basically the rear of an oversized station wagen / big empty steel box. Anything that's left will go into my wife's old 2005 RAV4 that's handing down to the kids. It's pretty much another big box and has less if any sound deadening, if Toyota put in any, it wasn't much or wasn't very effective.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Installed three layers of Siless on my inner C-Pillars, both sides, and two layers on the rear cab panel below the window. So far, only had occasion for a short trip after completion, like maybe 4 miles at best, but my wife and I both think it's noticeably quieter, and she's not one for the placebo effect, by a long-shot. I got a box of 52 sq ft, going to finish up her RAV4s rear area as well, a lot of suspension and road noise creeps into what's basically the rear of an oversized station wagen / big empty steel box. Anything that's left will go into my wife's old 2005 RAV4 that's handing down to the kids. It's pretty much another big box and has less if any sound deadening, if Toyota put in any, it wasn't much or wasn't very effective.

View attachment 317421
What MIL thickness did you use?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
1,900 Posts
Installed a 2nd EZ Down on my 1st Gen tailgate and kinda wish that I hadn't. Not only does it drop too slowly for my liking but because I had to remove the tailgate anti theft bracket in order to install...I somehow managed to lose it.
They're impossible to find. I certainly haven't had any luck.
20200401_171828.jpg

I had to add a hose clamp because the EZ Down would push the tailgate out of the hinge while lowering.
But nevertheless....EZ Downs for 2nd Gen Frontiers can be modified to work on 1st Gens. Had I not lost that bracket...or if I ever acquire another one...the 2nd EZ Down will get removed. Here's a link to vid with only one EZ Down installed.

39821 - 39840 of 39889 Posts