Nissan Frontier Forum banner

39421 - 39440 of 39473 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Finally got around to installing my rear axle vent tube. Easy peasy.

So, question. Do I paint my grill a flat black or leave it as is? It really wouldn't match the rest of the trim on the truck. I won't paint the chrome part.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 SV 4X4 King Cab Value Package
11 Posts
Ok , So like most of you I'm social distancing, and staying home. Which has actually given me time to do some stuff to my 2019 Frontier KC. So I started by replacing the factory front and rear speakers with Infinity reference 6532ex in the rear and 9633ix on the doors they dropped right in. The most difficult task was replacing the small dash 2" speakers. I replaced them with a pair of the infinity Kappa MX20's, they required shaving the opening a bit, but that was fairly easy. I cut the original connectors from the oem paper speakers and soldered the connectors to leads going to the supplied crossover, (believe me attempting to cut and splice in that tight dash area would be something I just don't want to deal with.) I had been advised, (I won't say by who) that I didn't need the crossovers so I originally installed them without crossovers. I thought it was extremely harsh and subsequently installed them.....UGH I HATE DOING JOBS TWICE. Anyway, I got them installed. The crossover pucks barely fit in the dash surrounding area. but all is good. Sound is infinitely better than stock but I'm sure nothing like the system "Raine" has in "Kiera" (where did she learn all that stuff, her truck is awesome.). So then after I was done with the stereo (for now). I installed a Gator FX3 Tonneau Cover. Easy install and an awesome product, about an hour to install (potato like picture attached) . Lastly, I did the auto headlight upgrade "Badlands" figured out (If you read this, thank you again). Apparently, trucks built with the sensor on the dash are plug and play for auto headlights with the swap out of the arm/switch. Worked like a charm (best $60.00 I spent in a long time.) I orders a bull bar for my Frontier but it has not arrived yet. Well that's all for now. I also have an led, ambient light kit I'm going to install if the weather gets a little warmer. Anyone know how to tie this in with the headlamps, interior lights etc.? or should I just put them on a separate switch?
Everyone, Stay well I'm sure this pandemic will pass, hopefully soon. Take care of yourselves,
Happy!!
1584819101153.png
pib.png thumbnail.jpg thumbnail2.jpg

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
““I'm sure nothing like the system "Raine" has in "Kiera" (where did she learn all that stuff, her truck is awesome.)””

Yea SHE does have a nice truck!🤫

Thanks for the info on the speakers Happy.. I need to replace mine once I get a better unit.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I installed Akebono ACT1100 brake pads on the rear brakes today. After taking off the passenger side rear wheel I noticed that there was a "thing" with what looks like a ground wire (it's a mesh braid) that's just hanging lose. Anyone have an idea of what this cylindrical thing is and where that ground might attach to? 2006 SE KC 2wd w/ VQ40DE engine.

View attachment 315213
It is an exhaust damper. Probably to the frame. See where the ground strap reaches too I am sure you will find the other end.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is an exhaust damper. Probably to the frame. See where the ground strap reaches too I am sure you will find the other end.
Ahhh, so it is. Thank you! The ground strap is simply hanging there and there is no obvious point to which the loose end should be attached. I'll have to dig into the diagrams a bit more to see if anything seems a likely candidate.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Ahhh, so it is. Thank you! The ground strap is simply hanging there and there is no obvious point to which the loose end should be attached. I'll have to dig into the diagrams a bit more to see if anything seems a likely candidate.
Just grab the strap and see where it reaches too. No need to look at a diagram.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
(where did she learn all that stuff, her truck is awesome.)
LMFAO!
Don't just skim the Keira Build. You have to read it in its entirety to fully appreciate not only the time, effort, and quality work put into the build but also the time and effort put into documenting and sharing with us all.

·
Premium Member
2019 SV 4X4 King Cab Value Package
11 Posts
LMFAO!
Don't just skim the Keira Build. You have to read it in its entirety to fully appreciate not only the time, effort, and quality work put into the build but also the time and effort put into documenting and sharing with us all.
I have read some of her builds, crazy detailed, awesome work. Just the one for the dash speaker pods was amazing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Installed some drilled and slotted Detroit axel rotors and and set of their pads from amazon. Performance is much better and no more squeaking!! FINALLY. Dont mind my dirty wheels...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I installed Akebono ACT1100 brake pads on the rear brakes today. After taking off the passenger side rear wheel I noticed that there was a "thing" with what looks like a ground wire (it's a mesh braid) that's just hanging lose. Anyone have an idea of what this cylindrical thing is and where that ground might attach to? 2006 SE KC 2wd w/ VQ40DE engine.

View attachment 315213
Dynamic dampener for the exhaust. Prevents a lot of rattling around, and yes that wire is a ground wire attaches up above i believe

·
2020 Moderating
3,138 Posts
I started truck for the first time in a week. Maybe the longest I have ever gone without starting it. I am used to a little rattle at startup, but this time, engine NOT happy, louder clanking and shaking until oil pressure built up. Fresh oil and good oil level. Subsequent starts were fine. I will try to not let it go that long again.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sprayed the front grille with Plastidip. Turned out ok.
View attachment 315259
Hmmm, was thinking of painting mine black, but not the chromed part. Maybe I'll give the plasti-dip a try, since I have a can I can use. I just didn't think it would look right with all the other trim a dark gray (and faded). At least with plasti-dip, it can be removed if I don't like it.

39421 - 39440 of 39473 Posts