Nissan Frontier Forum banner

39181 - 39200 of 39277 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
when did you order it? how long did it take to get?
Got it in about 2 weeks total. They had it in stock when I called. I called all the companies, the average wait was around 3 months which I am not about to do. I was ready to settle for the ARB bumper until contacting Hefty Fabworks. I believe they said they try to have one of the pre-runner tube bumpers in stock most of the time. I wanted the top hoop so that took a few more days. Shipping took about a week, came UPS freight to my office which has a loading dock. They packaged it perfectly, not a knick or ding anywhere.

I am quite impressed with Hefty Fabworks. I just wish they made rock sliders for the crew cab long bed...

·
Registered
935 Posts
thjanks, I guess its because like you said its a different bumper. I'm waiting going on 4 months for an alum. bumper from hefty.

I just emailed them, still not ready, hopefully soon.

I mean they say 6 months or something, that's like 1/4 time average a person owns a vehicle for. lol
Plus what if my truck gets totaled? or someone steals it? so many things can happen in such a long time

·
Registered
137 Posts
thjanks, I guess its because like you said its a different bumper. I'm waiting going on 4 months for an alum. bumper from hefty.

I mean they say 6 months or something, that's like 1/4 time average a person owns a vehicle for. lol
Plus what if my truck gets totaled? or someone steals it? so many things can happen in such a long time
Yep, exactly why I landed on the prerunner tube bumper. Plus I just flat didn't want to spend that kind of money only to wait minimum 3 months to get it lol.

My number 1 choice was the P&P Engineering front bumper. I would have paid for the aluminum bumper as well, but not worth the wait to me.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I hear ya, the 160lbs plus a winch (over 200lbs total) sitting on the front of my truck did not sound great, lol even though my suspension was setup for that weight, I just didn't want to do it.

hopefully in the end its all worth it, we shall see

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts

The tube bumper is only supposed to be able to be ordered when they have one in stock. I think the listing on their website says that. Or, they might have said that on their social media somewhere. I think it's a better way of doing it as I waited quite some time for my sliders and skids from them.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Well I bought Moog lower ball joints (pass side is bad), coil springs, LCA bushings, sway bar links, Nissan camber bolts, Nisstech 1/2" pucks for a 1in lift, Supreme 1" spacers for the rear, and Nolathane sway bar bushings. As soon as I get done putting in a new side door on the garage I'm going to fire up the furnace and give the thing some lovin... and get an alignment. Stupid crap getting in the way of my fun.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Installed the hood struts today. Did this mod on my previous Frontier, ordered the parts from McMaster-Carr, same as I did about 13 or so years ago. Threw a little black paint on the brackets, so they look a little better.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Had a two hour lunch today so i went to the keystone dam where's there's a COE offroad park. Mostly sand but some muddy stuff and small but steep hills. Played in the sand for about 20 minutes. Did pretty good.

·
Registered
62 Posts
First oil change after factory paid oil changes ended, $70 to change oil and rotate tires! Plus they wanted me to do a $380 4wd service, $130 brake fluid flush, $150 transmission flush, $460 30,000 mile service and a $100 cabin air filter change. Looks like I'm gonna have to start doing if myself.

·
Registered
316 Posts
First oil change after factory paid oil changes ended, $70 to change oil and rotate tires! Plus they wanted me to do a $380 4wd service, $130 brake fluid flush, $150 transmission flush, $460 30,000 mile service and a $100 cabin air filter change. Looks like I'm gonna have to start doing if myself.
Whoa, definitely. Way too much for those services.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Cabin air filter pack is $13.00 at WallyWorldLand. And thats the smell-nice Arm & Hammer baking soda filter. See my build page for the part#. Complete 4wd service ia about $100.00 if you use the top-shelf stuff. I used Motul and it came out to about $115.00 and about 2.5hrs on my back on cold concrete. If you dont have a Pro4 w/ skid plates, it goes much faster, I have a 4.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Installed bed extender.

I could not find the original brackets and order a universal set from Amazon, and used wood to mount into the truck. The bed extender flips forward and backward without an issue. The sliding brackets would have been great, but I am satisfied with this setup.

Finally, installed a hatch strut to allow the tailgate to release smoother.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Replaced all the power steering fluid in the frontier first. Then moved to the xterra and started to replace the leaking passenger side cv axle seal at the diff. I pulled the cv and found some twisted splines on the input shaft. Had a spare in the garage and swapped it before it completely failed on the trails

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That’s crazy...

39181 - 39200 of 39277 Posts