Nissan Frontier Forum banner

39161 - 39180 of 39277 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Put some 265/75-16 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W on mine to replace the highway Bridgestones (not even snow rated)
the previous owner had put on last night.

Then we got 2 inches of new snow on a 1/2 inch thick layer of ice. I didn't even have the urge to put it in 4wd this morning
so I guess I am really first glance impressed with them. I knew they were a real improvement when I went through
a roundabout and the truck didn't try to go straight.

Can't comment on much else as I have only put 8 miles on them, all street/snow and all at 40mph or lower.
I have the same tires with over 10K on them already and they are really good in every condition, you will love them!

·
Registered
935 Posts
I use super clean, 5/1 ratio water to super clean. Then use my pressure washer after a minute or 2.

simple green is ok, but its not a true degreaser, ya need that acid :)

after I'm done and its still wet I spray down the engine with VRP or hyper dressing diluted as well

my engine still looks brand new if not better after 40k miles and I play hard lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
A good dose of
engine.JPG
Armor All Tire Foam after a spray at the car wash keeps the plastic in good shape. Engine hasn't been washed lately and it is a 2014 truck.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I use super clean, 5/1 ratio water to super clean. Then use my pressure washer after a minute or 2.

after I'm done and its still wet I spray down the engine with VRP or hyper dressing diluted as well

my engine still looks brand new if not better after 40k miles and I play hard lol

Super Clean used to be great before Castrol sold it to Sun Chemical, I don't know what they changed but it isn't the same. Then Purple Power was better (IMO) I was at Home depot a while back and picked up a gallon of ZEP Purple and DAMN! That stuff is better than the old Super Clean! If I read the bottle right all the purple cleaners are an alkali not an acid. It should be followed up with a mild soap wash afterwards to neutralize it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Super Clean used to be great before Castrol sold it to Sun Chemical, I don't know what they changed but it isn't the same. Then Purple Power was better (IMO) I was at Home depot a while back and picked up a gallon of ZEP Purple and DAMN! That stuff is better than the old Super Clean! If I read the bottle right all the purple cleaners are an alkali not an acid. It should be followed up with a mild soap wash afterwards to neutralize it.
Soaps are typically alkaline as well. Bases/alkaline chemicals are generally less harsh on metals (depending on concentration and length of time they stay in contact) Alkaline/base chemicals work best on cleaning/removing organic materials, whereas acids work better at dissolving and cleaning minerals or the like (hard water build up things of that nature)

I use both every day to clean stuff at work and have had to do some pretty extensive classes and safety training on them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I finally got a 2" lift from RPG, both front and rear. Greg at PRG was super nice and helpful, the install took about 5 1/2 hours. First time for installing a lift, with LCA camber bolts. Pics attached before and after. I want to find some polished or Chrome wheels, maybe bigger tires without all the cutting..... I like the little bit of rake the truck has.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts

Looks like stock rims, what size tires are you running?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Installed the Curt 2" tow hitch.

No helper, so I used short ratchet straps to hold the hitch to the bumper frame while I secured the bolts.

These hitches NEVER fit exactly. I used a bottle jack and some 2x4 scraps to spread the ends 1/2 inch. As shipped, only 5 of the 6 bolt holes were accessible.

Next sunny weekend, I'll Install the wiring kit and relays.
I had no trouble with my DrawTite other than the fact that I wasnt as smart as you and was upside-down solo trying to use one arm to hold the darn thing up while starting the bolts with the other. I did use a jackstand to hold the off-end roughly level though, so kudos for your idea, work smart not hard. I ended up flat on my back, using my leg to push with, thigh muscles are always stronger than arms, and eventually after a bit of choice creative language, got it mounted and tightened.
One recommendation, mount the trailer socket through the bumper, don't go the fast n easy way and have it hanging down. The first thing that'll get mashed while wheeling, backing into a rough patch, or crossing a vertically misaligned driveway ramp to hit the street.
This was the other end of the 592 mile pull from Maine to Maryland, twin-axle UHaul at around 3k# all-up. Had to run 4th gear most of the way, she wouldn't pull 5th and maintain speed, maybe time for the IMS spacer kit. Got just over 11MPG but with a full-rig weight estimate of 8k#, didnt think it was going to be any walk in the park.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Have a GoPro Model 3 Black on order, should be here Tuesday, snagged it off FleaBay for complete kit, used but in reasonable condition, $55.00. Not a bad deal. The new YouTube channel planning is coming along well, should have videos up in the next two weeks, look for Martel Design Group and the FrontierGeek YouTube content.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Soaps are typically alkaline as well. Bases/alkaline chemicals are generally less harsh on metals (depending on concentration and length of time they stay in contact) Alkaline/base chemicals work best on cleaning/removing organic materials, whereas acids work better at dissolving and cleaning minerals or the like (hard water build up things of that nature)

I use both every day to clean stuff at work and have had to do some pretty extensive classes and safety training on them.
Thanks for the info, (of course soap is come to think of it) I was going from memory of what I read on the bottle, may have got it wrong... I'm curious about stuff. Couldn't tell you waht the differences are, but that ZEP stuff is like the old Super Clean used to be before Castrol sold it to Sun. Stuff is great.

·
Registered
137 Posts
U-Bolt flip kit from All dogs Off-road installed. Beast of a kit... Comes with 5/8" U-bolts that are high quality steel. Went through 4 recip blades cutting them to length...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

All that work and it looks like you cut them too short... You didn't even leave enough threads to go past the end of the nuts??

·
Registered
829 Posts
All that work and it looks like you cut them too short... You didn't even leave enough threads to go past the end of the nuts??
I noticed that as well... are you sure you were supposed to cut them?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I noticed that as well... are you sure you were supposed to cut them?
I may have cut them a hair short yeah. I took 3 inches off I believe. There was no way they would work without cutting, first bump the u bolts would stab in the frame.

I'm good with it for now. I'm sure down the road I'll get more.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

39161 - 39180 of 39277 Posts