Nissan Frontier Forum banner

39141 - 39160 of 39277 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Let there be light!!

Bought that 3pc 5ft led strip on amazon for like 30 or so bucks.. I used the underneath of the rails to stick the led's to. I used contact cement on the underneath and just stuck the strips there. I had to cut the strips and do some splicing since 5ft is too long, and with one of the excess pieces I tested a piece of metal with the strip and contact cement. Needless to say it will NEVER come off lol.

I tucked all the wires into the corners of the bed, theres a tiny hole there and it seems to work out. I have not run any power yet but plan to when I do my rocker lights in a week or two and tap into that.

I tested it, and its bright!! love it, looks like daylight in my bed lol8

·
Registered
316 Posts
I believe that's the same light kit I got. Never got a chance to turn it on in the dark, but I'm sure it'll light up the whole bed. I have a shell on mine too, so I just ran one up the back of the shell.

I kind of want something like this for under my hood to light it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Let there be light!!

Bought that 3pc 5ft led strip on amazon for like 30 or so bucks..
Nice work. I'm looking to do something like this. With the tonneau cover in place, there's no light in the bed. I have a little battery powered led velcroed to the bedrug.

·
Registered
935 Posts
the hood will be a piece of cake. I plan to do that with a magnetic or push stick power button.

This one I'm going to use the included switch. Just figuring out the power stuff. For those wondering, I sealed the ends after re-soldering the wires with liquid nails :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is another project. I have one of these old Chevy underhood lights. The body screw mounts somewhere under the hood. The light part is detachable and has about 18 feet of cord on the reel and a magnet base.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
the hood will be a piece of cake. I plan to do that with a magnetic or push stick power button.

This one I'm going to use the included switch. Just figuring out the power stuff. For those wondering, I sealed the ends after re-soldering the wires with liquid nails :)
Let me know what kit you're going to use for your hood.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What tires do you have on that Midnight? Hard for me to tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They are Falken Wildpeak HT02

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the aFe Momentum Gt intake...which exhaust did you go for ? Do you like it (as far as sound quality, drone in cab, etc) ? Thanks, Bob
I have the MACH Force-Xp 2-12" to 3" 409. It sounds amazing but there is some drone in the cab.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
This is another project. I have one of these old Chevy underhood lights. The body screw mounts somewhere under the hood. The light part is detachable and has about 18 feet of cord on the reel and a magnet base.
View attachment 313624
Had one on my old K Blazer. That thing was nice for changing a flat on the side of the road at night.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just say No to oem mudguards. they cause sheetmetal damage if you wheel, and don't protect teh truch at all (as you already know)... if you want some mudguards that will actually provide tire coverage and cut down alot on teh splatter, try Husky Long Johns. searrch under TITAN for model... you can either use teh shorter model and just cover teh back half, or you can go with the long ones and wrap them up around near to the front of the well
That's neat. Would really help Titan Swapped people. I wonder how if if looks good on the Frontier

·
Registered
935 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Installed the Curt 2" tow hitch.

No helper, so I used short ratchet straps to hold the hitch to the bumper frame while I secured the bolts.

View attachment 313619

View attachment 313620

View attachment 313621

These hitches NEVER fit exactly. I used a bottle jack and some 2x4 scraps to spread the ends 1/2 inch. As shipped, only 5 of the 6 bolt holes were accessible.
View attachment 313623

Next sunny weekend, I'll Install the wiring kit and relays.
Your truck underneath looks BRAND NEW?!?!?! jealous.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought the front and rear carbon fiber fenders from FiberwerX.
Waiting on 2.5 external reservoir Radflos for the Titan Swap to replace my leaking SAWs so I figured I might as well wait on fenders at the same time.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Replaced all the power steering fluid in the frontier first. Then moved to the xterra and started to replace the leaking passenger side cv axle seal at the diff. I pulled the cv and found some twisted splines on the input shaft. Had a spare in the garage and swapped it before it completely failed on the trails

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Put some 265/75-16 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W on mine to replace the highway Bridgestones (not even snow rated)
the previous owner had put on last night.

Then we got 2 inches of new snow on a 1/2 inch thick layer of ice. I didn't even have the urge to put it in 4wd this morning
so I guess I am really first glance impressed with them. I knew they were a real improvement when I went through
a roundabout and the truck didn't try to go straight.

Can't comment on much else as I have only put 8 miles on them, all street/snow and all at 40mph or lower.

39141 - 39160 of 39277 Posts