Nissan Frontier Forum banner

38581 - 38586 of 38586 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
The repair of a small coolant leak from a hose under my intake manifold has been rescheduled for tomorrow. Today, I continued with the repair of my cracked bumper cover that I had started last night.

Yes, the tape lines are visible but I plan on repainting the entire bumper very soon. I just really wanted to take care of the huge crack. I had a can of Duplicolor Perfect Match collecting dust and lo and behold...it's not a perfect match. But hey, it looks better than it did with the gash it had and better than it did primered.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In the last week I changed the map and dome lights to warm white LEDs. Did the trailer plug bumper relocation mod (SICK), and changed the cargo lights to warm white LEDs.

Unfortunately the LED cargo lights got to go because I noticed right after installing them that my fob was acting up. After replacing the battery in the fob and some searching here, it turns out the LEDs in the cargo lights are causing radio interference, rendering the fob useless at times. Think I will try another band based on things I’ve read in the other posts here about this.

My thought was to change the dome, map, and cargo lights to LED because they are on the most when the truck is shut off. I know the truck will kill power after some amount of time if they’re left on but I’d rather have as much juice as possible in the battery and also be able to use them without worry with the truck off.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The repair of a small coolant leak from a hose under my intake manifold has been rescheduled for tomorrow. Today, I continued with the repair of my cracked bumper cover that I had started last night.
Yes, the tape lines are visible but I plan on repainting the entire bumper very soon. I just really wanted to take care of the huge crack. I had a can of Duplicolor Perfect Match collecting dust and lo and behold...it's not a perfect match. But hey, it looks better than it did with the gash it had and better than it did primered.
That looks good, a drive down a dusty dirt road and a few bug splatters and you'll never see it! What did you use to hold/stick the crack together? Plastics can be very finicky.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well been busy buying and moving into a house. After the move I got a nice road scar. Clipped a trash can. Still beautiful to me though. Haha

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
That looks good, a drive down a dusty dirt road and a few bug splatters and you'll never see it! What did you use to hold/stick the crack together? Plastics can be very finicky.
Lol. That's funny and very true.
I formed and screwed a mending plate into the center to hold the crack closed. I then applied fiberglass resin and fiberglass cloth above and below the mending plate on both the front and back side of the cover. After curing I removed the plate and did the same to the center.
Now that I've seen it in daylight, I might try a lil wetsanding to try and blend it in.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My thought was to change the dome, map, and cargo lights to LED because they are on the most when the truck is shut off. I know the truck will kill power after some amount of time if they’re left on but I’d rather have as much juice as possible in the battery and also be able to use them without worry with the truck off.
I didnt like all the juice those cargo bed lights used either, I just pulled the bulbs out and left the sockets empty,everything functions just fine and I have a flashlight in the door poocket if I need some light to look in the bed,which I never really need,what a worthless place to put a light.I did put in super bright LED reverse/back-up bulbs, now those are great.Like mini-flood lights when your backing up.

38581 - 38586 of 38586 Posts