Nissan Frontier Forum banner

38261 - 38271 of 38271 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Cleaned out a squirrel nest from my airbox. I had my deck plate off for more vroom. But lately it didn't seem like I was getting that extra air. Went to check and saw fiberglass insulation poking out the deck plate hole. The critter also chewed a hole through my WIX reusable air filter element. Oh well it was getting pretty old. Bought some paper air filter, and closed up the hole.
So YMMV, but I use those tree shaped air “fresheners” with a vanilla something scent because rodents don’t like it. I hang two in the engine compartment & one under the dash/glovebox area. I take the old ones & put em inside the glovebox or under seats, etc. I haven’t had mice (or anything else) since, and I live at/in the edge of a forest. Prior to vanilla trees, wifelette & I had multiple nests in multiple vehicles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installed custom grill inserts and lettering, along with some driving lights to give the front end for a unique look.

Before:

Pre-light install:

Overall a fairly reasonably priced project, I think in total ran about $125, including supplies for install. Install was kind of a pain (very much a DIY project, with the help of some install videos). But the material quality was good. May repaint or wrap the letters in the future.

Lights are the 6 piece partsam set on amazon. Had to tint them a bit more orange to match the hue of the existing driving lights.

Grill inserts and lettering is from custom car grills. Matt was very helpful. The letters I ordered are 2.5 inches, the max you can fit in the center portion.

I'm pretty happy with it, maybe this can give you some ideas on grill mods in a market where there are seemingly few options.

Cheers,

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Installed custom grill inserts and lettering, along with some driving lights to give the front end for a unique look.

Before:

View attachment 308612

Pre-light install:
View attachment 308610

View attachment 308611

View attachment 308613

Overall a fairly reasonably priced project, I think in total ran about $125, including supplies for install. Install was kind of a pain (very much a DIY project, with the help of some install videos). But the material quality was good. May repaint or wrap the letters in the future.

Lights are the 6 piece partsam set on amazon. Had to tint them a bit more orange to match the hue of the existing driving lights.

Grill inserts and lettering is from custom car grills. Matt was very helpful. The letters I ordered are 2.5 inches, the max you can fit in the center portion.

I'm pretty happy with it, maybe this can give you some ideas on grill mods in a market where there are seemingly few options.

Cheers,

Matt
What wheels are you running?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
The clutch pedal on my 1998 Frontier started having more free play the first few minutes, then returned to normal. At 244K, I decided to replace the clutch master and clutch slave cylinders as "preventive maintenance". All done !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had to replace a motor mount on our lil boy, Maverick. Funny thing is...he was at 66613 miles when I brought him in and I landed on 666 points for my Coffee Bean app today on Friday the 13. That's a lot of 666 and 13! :ROFLMAO: Other than that, he's getting a bath. So nothing too exciting.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Had to replace a motor mount on our lil boy, Maverick. Funny thing is...he was at 66613 miles when I brought him in and I landed on 666 points for my Coffee Bean app today on Friday the 13. That's a lot of 666 and 13! :ROFLMAO: Other than that, he's getting a bath. So nothing too exciting.
May I ask, What is the coffee bean app?

38261 - 38271 of 38271 Posts
About this Discussion
38.3K Replies
2.4K Participants
aeubank9
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing