Nissan Frontier Forum banner

38261 - 38280 of 39017 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Cleaned out a squirrel nest from my airbox. I had my deck plate off for more vroom. But lately it didn't seem like I was getting that extra air. Went to check and saw fiberglass insulation poking out the deck plate hole. The critter also chewed a hole through my WIX reusable air filter element. Oh well it was getting pretty old. Bought some paper air filter, and closed up the hole.
So YMMV, but I use those tree shaped air “fresheners” with a vanilla something scent because rodents don’t like it. I hang two in the engine compartment & one under the dash/glovebox area. I take the old ones & put em inside the glovebox or under seats, etc. I haven’t had mice (or anything else) since, and I live at/in the edge of a forest. Prior to vanilla trees, wifelette & I had multiple nests in multiple vehicles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installed custom grill inserts and lettering, along with some driving lights to give the front end for a unique look.

Before:

Pre-light install:

Overall a fairly reasonably priced project, I think in total ran about $125, including supplies for install. Install was kind of a pain (very much a DIY project, with the help of some install videos). But the material quality was good. May repaint or wrap the letters in the future.

Lights are the 6 piece partsam set on amazon. Had to tint them a bit more orange to match the hue of the existing driving lights.

Grill inserts and lettering is from custom car grills. Matt was very helpful. The letters I ordered are 2.5 inches, the max you can fit in the center portion.

I'm pretty happy with it, maybe this can give you some ideas on grill mods in a market where there are seemingly few options.

Cheers,

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Installed custom grill inserts and lettering, along with some driving lights to give the front end for a unique look.

Before:

View attachment 308612

Pre-light install:
View attachment 308610

View attachment 308611

View attachment 308613

Overall a fairly reasonably priced project, I think in total ran about $125, including supplies for install. Install was kind of a pain (very much a DIY project, with the help of some install videos). But the material quality was good. May repaint or wrap the letters in the future.

Lights are the 6 piece partsam set on amazon. Had to tint them a bit more orange to match the hue of the existing driving lights.

Grill inserts and lettering is from custom car grills. Matt was very helpful. The letters I ordered are 2.5 inches, the max you can fit in the center portion.

I'm pretty happy with it, maybe this can give you some ideas on grill mods in a market where there are seemingly few options.

Cheers,

Matt
What wheels are you running?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
The clutch pedal on my 1998 Frontier started having more free play the first few minutes, then returned to normal. At 244K, I decided to replace the clutch master and clutch slave cylinders as "preventive maintenance". All done !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had to replace a motor mount on our lil boy, Maverick. Funny thing is...he was at 66613 miles when I brought him in and I landed on 666 points for my Coffee Bean app today on Friday the 13. That's a lot of 666 and 13! :ROFLMAO: Other than that, he's getting a bath. So nothing too exciting.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Had to replace a motor mount on our lil boy, Maverick. Funny thing is...he was at 66613 miles when I brought him in and I landed on 666 points for my Coffee Bean app today on Friday the 13. That's a lot of 666 and 13! :ROFLMAO: Other than that, he's getting a bath. So nothing too exciting.
May I ask, What is the coffee bean app?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Platform1.JPG
I built a sleeping platform. I wanted the extra foot space above the wheel well. I wanted to keep it light weight, so the frame is made out of aluminum strut. I left an open space for taller or heavier items. Turn out it works pretty good at just keeping our softball equipment organized.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Two WIX XP filters and two jugs of Castrol 5w-30 synthetic blend. They both take the same filter, so I can do the Mrs's car and have enough left over oil to do mine without buying an extra quart.

To F with Walhole, Amazon is cheaper and two day delivery with prime.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Rolled over 55k yesterday.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I routed the cords for my iOttie wireless phone holder/charger, and usb c to aux cables behind the dash today. I got the idea from Raine's build thread, I hate wires all over the place and reading his write up on how easy it was I figured I'd give it a try. It was a straight forward install. Set the mount where you want it, figure out how you want to route the power and aux cord. The little bumps make it very easy to reference where to drill, find a drill bit wide enough for your plug head, drill hole/s, start to route your cable. I pulled the lower glovebox just to give me more room to work and see how it was being routed. I routed the cable, put everything back, and before screwing the dash back together I made sure there was enough slack in the cable to rotate the phone to either portrait, or landscape. I used two zip ties to secure the cable to the phone holder arm. Afterward, it was time to route the usb c to aux cable. I did the same procedure as the power cable. Buttoned everything back up and now I have no cords dangling across my dash and almost looks like it came with the car! Went for a shakedown drive to get placement all squared away. While streaming Pandora, I noticed my phone would automatically turn the volume down. It was persistent and thought I may have to pull the aux cord and figure out another method for streaming media. (2011 pro 4x. No bluetooth media, just calls). Then I realized it only happened as I was gaining speed. On a whim, I turned off the speed sensing volume on the head unit and no more gremlins playing with my volume setting! Take a look at the posted pics of the process and let me know what y'all think. Also, I don't know how to tag anyone so please feel free to tag Raine because I owe him a thank you for his awesome build and the idea to route these cables the way I did!
20190915_164951.jpg
20190915_164953.jpg
20190915_173339.jpg
20190915_173336.jpg
20190915_165800.jpg

·
Registered
772 Posts
Nicely done, Barricade.:cool:

·
Registered
579 Posts
I routed the cords for my iOttie wireless phone holder/charger, and usb c to aux cables behind the dash today. I got the idea from Raine's build thread, I hate wires all over the place and reading his write up on how easy it was I figured I'd give it a try. It was a straight forward install. Set the mount where you want it, figure out how you want to route the power and aux cord. The little bumps make it very easy to reference where to drill, find a drill bit wide enough for your plug head, drill hole/s, start to route your cable. I pulled the lower glovebox just to give me more room to work and see how it was being routed. I routed the cable, put everything back, and before screwing the dash back together I made sure there was enough slack in the cable to rotate the phone to either portrait, or landscape. I used two zip ties to secure the cable to the phone holder arm. Afterward, it was time to route the usb c to aux cable. I did the same procedure as the power cable. Buttoned everything back up and now I have no cords dangling across my dash and almost looks like it came with the car! Went for a shakedown drive to get placement all squared away. While streaming Pandora, I noticed my phone would automatically turn the volume down. It was persistent and thought I may have to pull the aux cord and figure out another method for streaming media. (2011 pro 4x. No bluetooth media, just calls). Then I realized it only happened as I was gaining speed. On a whim, I turned off the speed sensing volume on the head unit and no more gremlins playing with my volume setting! Take a look at the posted pics of the process and let me know what y'all think. Also, I don't know how to tag anyone so please feel free to tag Raine because I owe him a thank you for his awesome build and the idea to route these cables the way I did!
View attachment 308773 View attachment 308775 View attachment 308777 View attachment 308778 View attachment 308779
NICE! It may be overkill, but you can clean that up with a grommet as well. I was missing various ones from all over the truck so I bought this kit off eBay: Rubber Grommet Firewall Hole Plug Set. My definition of a "shiton" of grommets.
gkit.jpg
HFT has these as well... cheap: https://bit.ly/31to6rj

·
Registered
82 Posts
NICE! It may be overkill, but you can clean that up with a grommet as well. I was missing various ones from all over the truck so I bought this kit off eBay: Rubber Grommet Firewall Hole Plug Set. My definition of a "shiton" of grommets.
View attachment 308781
HFT has these as well... cheap: https://bit.ly/31to6rj
Definitely not overkill! Sounds right up my alley! But I do have a question about them. The hole I made is oblong, will those grommets confirm to an oblong shape?

38261 - 38280 of 39017 Posts