Nissan Frontier Forum banner

37821 - 37840 of 38660 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
I pulled the pass side door panel off to have a looksee at the window regulator. That widow would go up a little and struggle the rest of the way. WELL... DO NOT use whatever that stuff is that WD40 calls silicone. After cleaning all the sticky gooey crap out and using CRC (real) silicone, I re-greased the slide for good measure and voila, nice even speed. Tomorrow is drivers side.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I removed the "Vault" when I sold the 2015 Arctic Blue Desert Runner and promptly installed it in my 2019 Gun Metallic Pro-4X Lux Pkg.

What kind of candy is SIG? lol Sig Sauer Academy had some sort of shindig today, I caught it on the radio while I was in the garage, they were broadcasting live. Had I known sooner...story of my life I tell ya

·
Registered
416 Posts
I installed the Hefty Fabworks skid plates for the gas tank, transfer case, and transmission today. Gas tank installation was a bit of a pain. Instructions are terrible, and need to be totally re-written. Chris was very good about answering my questions via email. His most valuable piece of advice on installing the gas tank skid was:

Most importantly, mount all the brackets to the truck and the frame very loosely getting all the bolts started and the skid in place. The bends in the bracket do not fit perfectly flush with the angle of the skid plate, this is not a mistake, the additional bend puts tension on the bolts and eliminates movement in the skid and prevents the bolt from backing out. Start tightening the skid to the truck on the truck frame first, then tighten the inner bracket bolts.
I ran out of time and couldn't get to the engine skid plate. I might have time tomorrow to install it. I picked up a 1/2" metal drill bit. I'm a little leary about drilling into my frame to mount the engine skid. Does anyone know if Nissan runs any wires or lines through the frame? When I drill I'll prime and paint the exposed metal to prevent rust. I'll also go back and flip one bolt on the transfer case skid so the nut is on the back side like the rest, I'll re-tighten everything, and I'm going to spray all the fasteners with a healthy dousing of Fluid Film to prevent corrosion.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I pulled the pass side door panel off to have a looksee at the window regulator. That widow would go up a little and struggle the rest of the way. WELL... DO NOT use whatever that stuff is that WD40 calls silicone. After cleaning all the sticky gooey crap out and using CRC (real) silicone, I re-greased the slide for good measure and voila, nice even speed. Tomorrow is drivers side.
Wouldn’t you want to use white lithium grease? https://www.crcindustries.com/products/white-lithium-grease-10-wt-oz-05037.html

yekrats
07 SE CC 4x4 Red Brawn purchased in 2019 and Loving it! ::laugh::
Mods: Leveling kit, 285 70R16's. Pretty plain jane but working on it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wouldn’t you want to use white lithium grease? https://www.crcindustries.com/products/white-lithium-grease-10-wt-oz-05037.html

yekrats
I am remiss for being vague in my post. Yes white lithium is good for the regulator slide. I was referring to the window channels themselves regarding the silicone.

It was plainly obvious in my thoughts... lol

·
Registered
566 Posts
I am remiss for being vague in my post. Yes white lithium is good for the regulator slide. I was referring to the window channels themselves regarding the silicone.

It was plainly obvious in my thoughts... lol
Got it! I just dismantled the tailgate and degreased everything. Lithium is the choice.

yekrats

·
Registered
410 Posts
Got it! I just dismantled the tailgate and degreased everything. Lithium is the choice.

yekrats
That WD40 "Silicone" stuff gummed things up good. If I were to hazard a guess, it's probably just gaseous/solvent type lubricant with silicone in the mix. Like Delbert McClinton says "Thanks but no thanks baby, I got more trouble than I need"

·
Registered
273 Posts
What kind of candy is SIG? lol Sig Sauer Academy had some sort of shindig today, I caught it on the radio while I was in the garage, they were broadcasting live. Had I known sooner...story of my life I tell ya
P320 Compact FDE flavor & P365 EDC flavor.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Looks good! Nice truck!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Filled it up and still greatly enjoying the dreaded WOT restriction is gone
Huh? Intake Manifold Spacer?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Butterman, thanks for waking me up (lol). I’ve been searching for my old posts and can’t find them with the new and improved update. I purchased all of the felts and weatherstripping from a seller on eBay. When and if I find my old posts I’ll provide more information.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I finally found my old posts.

Rainwood I hope this helps.

I found a seller from Thailand on eBay that sells aftermarket parts for older frontiers. I have a 2000 D/R. I bought front door inner and outer belt moldings and front door window felts. They fit perfect. I’m not promoting him, just saying it worked for me. eBay seller ID. muay.shop99

37821 - 37840 of 38660 Posts