Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to Vegas last week to purchase a new Frontier with a cashier's check in hand for the total amount of the purchase price. I was told that the truck would be ready, it wasn't, I asked to SEE it before I shelled out the money, and the guy disappeared for about 20 mins. That was strike one . . .I was expecting him to come out with the "family truckster wagon" but he returned with the Frontier. I went inside and he disappeared again and soon a different guy came and asked me to "fill out this form". This form was a credit application, that's what was written accross the top, he said "it's not a credit ap" Strike TWO. We got up and started walking to my truck and they came running out begging me back and ripped up the form. I said OK and returned inside. THAT guy disappeared and soon a completely different guy came over and asked us into yet a different room. He left and the original guy came back and wanted me to sign an breakdown. The "out the door" price did not include tax, license etc., STRIKE THREE. we started to leave again and then they wanted to have us pay and they would cut a check for the tax, license, etc., They quoted the wrong tax rates and I said SEE YA. :nana: NEXT TIME, will listen to my instincts and avoid places like United Nissan. I SHOULD have gone to Danny at Fontana Nissan and drive a little further. Needless to say, dealers are in buisness to MAKE money by profit, why do some wanna RIP you OFF too. Next go round, I'm calling Danny at Fontana instead .

So THAT is what happened to my new Nissan Frontier . . .IT STAYED IN VEGAS!!!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
They didn't deserve your business. If someone is using a cashiers check, I don't see what there is to talk about other than the truck.

Let us know how things go at Fontana!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They didn't deserve your business. If someone is using a cashiers check, I don't see what there is to talk about other than the truck.

Let us know how things go at Fontana!

Well that's just it though because when I got home I looked at another brand and KNEW the guy so I bought second hand other make. I wanted a KC but, but this truck I got will do. I still have my 05 Front but next time (bout 3 yrs) we're heading to Fontana.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well that's just it though because when I got home I looked at another brand and KNEW the guy so I bought second hand other make. I wanted a KC but, but this truck I got will do. I still have my 05 Front but next time (bout 3 yrs) we're heading to Fontana.
OK, fess up... what did you buy?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
"another make" without mentioning which one = Toyota! ;)

I bought my truck from Planet Nissan in Vegas and it was trouble free and they did a great job. Bought it on my lunch break from work.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
yeah, fess up, what did you buy!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought mine from Planet Nissan in Vegas. It was one of the easiest deals since I did it all through email and all I had to do was come in after work and sign. I even got the price I wanted no problem.

United Nissan used to be a good place to buy. I've purchased an Xterra and a Nissan Quest from them, so I went there for the Frontier and they were playing around so I left.

·
Registered
103 Posts
dude what dealership did you go to? i had this last week?

dude i just bought my titan there last week, im on the verge of returning it because they don't think i qualify due seeing 4 cars i previously owned in the past. so im hoping to get my X back

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
that's shady as fawk... i would have walked away too

·
Registered
467 Posts
Planet Nissan tried pulling **** like this on me. When I begged my parents not to go and told them my story, they gave them the benefit of the doubt. They apologized to me after they walked out of there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
planet nissan gave me a good deal on my X , im sorry you had to go through that man

·
Registered
103 Posts
just to let you guys know i got my X back today THANK GOD!!!! i missed her

·
Registered
109 Posts
just to let you guys know i got my X back today THANK GOD!!!! i missed her
Just Curious - What did you not like about the Titan that you bought?

·
Registered
103 Posts
it wasn't i didn't like the titan, it was that the customer service was very crappy and they try to get me into the truck even when i didn't qualify for any loans.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great 2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Buying Experience!

I'm in the Syracuse (Centra)l NY state area: We have three Nissan Dealers in the area - to choose from. In september 2010 I went to all three of them and asked about ordering a 2011 Crew Cab Pro-4X (Navy Blue; 6 cyl/4.0; 4x4, 6 spd manual) and pricing. ne dealership seemed to be clueless and never got me any information, two others couldn't get the prices but they ordered the truck I wanted and said they would know the price when it comes in. A month later they both had the exact same MSRP and pitched their best price. Dealership "A" took $803.00 off the price, and did not offer any assistance with getting the roof rack at wholesale dealership price and installed (Pro-4x with manual 4x4 doesn't come wth it, and I wanted it). Without negotiating one bit - Dealership "B" took $1500 off the price and told me about a $1000 rebate, total $2500 off the MSPR, ans sold me the roof rack for approx. $750 and 3 hours labor ($70/hr) to install it. Upon delivery (Black Friday), they told me that there was an additional $500 off in Nissan Rebates ($3000) off MSRP. I reivested the savings in to the truck and bought the rustproofing under and upper body protections, the paint sealant, and fabric protections (negotiated for $600), body side molding, GPS docking station, Keyless entry pad, 7 PIN towing harness and side window vent visors. Taxes, tags, etc out the door at MSPR price with everything ($29,465-ish). And they let me put it on a lift and go over it with a mechanic doing maintenece questions and answers for 1/2 hour at no charge. I got a few thousand dollars worth of educations for free too!

So, if you are in central NY state see BILL RAPP Superstore and salesperson Jonathan Bumpus!

BTW - I also bought/special ordered an manual transmission 2010 Subaru Forester from BILL Rapp's Subaru line last year for my wife, and that went very smooth too! I'm glad I went back to them for my Frontier - I LOVE MY NEW FRONTIER TRUCK. It replaced a 1996 Ford Explorer 4X4; 6 cyl/4.0L, 5 spd manual XSMN that was rear-ended while I was stationary waiting to make a left turn, and destroyed by a Hyundai and 18 year old driving while texting at 40-50 MPH. I guess his motto was "If you can't be careful- Be Spectacular"!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great 2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Buying Experience!

I'm in the Syracuse (Centra)l NY state area: We have three Nissan Dealers in the area - to choose from. In september 2010 I went to all three of them and asked about ordering a 2011 Crew Cab Pro-4X (Navy Blue; 6 cyl/4.0; 4x4, 6 spd manual) and pricing. One dealership seemed to be clueless and never got me any information, two others couldn't get the prices but they ordered the truck I wanted and said they would know the price when it comes in. A month later they both had the exact same MSRP and pitched their best price. Dealership "A" took $803.00 off the price, and did not offer any assistance with getting the roof rack at wholesale dealership price and installed (Pro-4x with manual 4x4 doesn't come wth it, and I wanted it). Without negotiating one bit - Dealership "B" took $1500 off the price and told me about a $1000 rebate, total $2500 off the MSPR, ans sold me the roof rack for approx. $750 and 3 hours labor ($70/hr) to install it. Upon delivery (Black Friday), they told me that there was an additional $500 off in Nissan Rebates ($3000) off MSRP. I reivested the savings in to the truck and bought the rustproofing under and upper body protections, the paint sealant, and fabric protections (negotiated for $600), body side molding, GPS docking station, Keyless entry pad, 7 PIN towing harness and side window vent visors. Taxes, tags, etc out the door at MSPR price with everything ($29,465-ish). And they let me put it on a lift and go over it with a mechanic doing maintenece questions and answers for 1/2 hour at no charge. I got a few thousand dollars worth of educations for free too!

So, if you are in central NY state see BILL RAPP Superstore and salesperson Jonathan Bumpus!

BTW - I also bought/special ordered an manual transmission 2010 Subaru Forester from BILL Rapp's Subaru line last year for my wife, and that went very smooth too! I'm glad I went back to them for my Frontier - I LOVE MY NEW FRONTIER TRUCK. I think I'm going to name her - MOLLY, after Molly "Pitcher" of the Revolutionary War fame and hero at the Battle of Mammoth. If you don't know about her - Google! This Frontier is replacing a beloved 1996 Ford Explorer 4 Dr., 4X4; 6 cyl/4.0L, 5 spd manual XSMN that was rear-ended while I was stationary waiting to make a left turn, and subsequently destroyed by a Hyundai and 18 year old driving while texting at 40-50 MPH. I guess his motto was "If Aspire you can't be careful- Be Spectacular"! After 20 years of Army service including two wars and two tours in Iraq - a local kid came the closest to killing me! NOT LOL!

·
Registered
154 Posts
lol i like how you describe it as "driving while texting" rather than vice versa

and i think Bamps posted in another thread that it was indeed a 'yota pickup that he purchased

·
Registered
36 Posts
I guess it always helps to have a friend in the car business to ensure that the deals go smooth and trouble free. Having said that, I just wanted to let the Vegas guys know that I'm going to be starting in sales at Planet NIssan on Monday. And if nothing else...I can promise you guys you'll get no shady bull**** from me. Just honest and transparent disclosure and respect.

If I can be of any help at all you guys can reach me on here via PM or just call/text me direct. (702) 375-1534

Dan.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
lol i like how you describe it as "driving while texting" rather than vice versa

and i think Bamps posted in another thread that it was indeed a 'yota pickup that he purchased
Yeah, last year after this Vegas thing I bught a used Tacoma. The same dealership that I bought it from later bought out our local Nissan dealership. This year I had several options lined up, (just in case) and contacted them about a 2010 SE I4 but . . .well, see my Andersondeals.com post in this section. BTW and for what it's worth, Frontiers are just plain better trucks than Tacoma for the $.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts