Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting these these rims! attached a few images for you guys to check them out! What do yal think? Anyone out there have them or something similar? Post pictures of your aftermarket or powder coated/plasti dipped rims so we can check them out and get some ideas as to what looks good!

Cheers! ::grin::

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
I like the black of the rims but undecided on the pattern...

I'm looking at these for my white SV CC:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Wheels are such a personal thing, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. Personally, I think those are ugly, but if you like them that's all that matters.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wheels are such a personal thing, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. Personally, I think those are ugly, but if you like them that's all that matters.
...both sets of rims?

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Yeah. The ones you posted just look heavy to me, and the ones in the OP look like something that belongs on a car in the ghetto. But that's my opinion, and you know what we say about those things.

Here are mine.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I like the wheels the OP put up but I would not consider them unless I had black or silver truck. My two cents!!!

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Make sure you look at wheels that are available in 6x4.5" (6x114.3mm) ​bolt pattern with a minimum centerbore of 66.1mm

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah. The ones you posted just look heavy...
Here are mine.
I'm looking for black rims to go with my white Frontier and found those on Realtruck.com, I'll have to look into the weight of them but they said they were well rated for off road use(?)....

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
If you want an opinion (and it doesnt matter since its your truck and i will never see it in person) i think both sets of wheels the OP put up are ugly. I wouldn't put them on any vehicle. I don't find many aftermarket wheels to be appealing when looking. Personally i like the stock look, probably part of the reason i bought the truck.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Level 8 is where it's at LOL

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you want an opinion (and it doesnt matter since its your truck and i will never see it in person) i think both sets of wheels the OP put up are ugly. I wouldn't put them on any vehicle. I don't find many aftermarket wheels to be appealing when looking. Personally i like the stock look, probably part of the reason i bought the truck.

both sets? look again they are the same rims

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I had spent quite a bit of time researching wheels last year - these days black has replaced silver and chrome. .

OP rims I had seen on Navarra's - look ok for a street look if that's what you are after, but as other's have stated everyone's style is different. You wouldn't want to offroad with those rims.

I was after a semi-aggressive off-road look and went with a bit of black and silver to compliment my white truck (Fuel Maverick's). Wish they came in 18's but settled on the 17's and as a bonus went with tires that are stock overall diameter so it doesn't affect my speedo.

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have Level 8 Strike 6s and although I like them they are cheap heavy Chinese made wheels.

Just being honest lol.

Just for reference I have had Volk, Advan, IForged, Kinesis, HRE, CCW, OZ, Kosei, etc, etc, so my comparison is a little biased.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I run stock wheels.The main reason is I need a minimum of eight.I can get stock wheels fairly cheap as opposed to aftermarket.
I only lost one when something got caught between the inside of the wheel and caliper and rubbed a hole through it.
The only reason I would change would be to run true race wheels with beadlocks "Method","Fuel" etc. but at $300 plus,I will pass.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had spent quite a bit of time researching wheels last year - these days black has replaced silver and chrome. .

OP rims I had seen on Navarra's - look ok for a street look if that's what you are after, but as other's have stated everyone's style is different. You wouldn't want to offroad with those rims.

I was after a semi-aggressive off-road look and went with a bit of black and silver to compliment my white truck (Fuel Maverick's). Wish they came in 18's but settled on the 17's and as a bonus went with tires that are stock overall diameter so it doesn't affect my speedo.
Those wheels are downright sexy! I was about to say my totally favorite wheels for these trucks are the stock Pro-4X wheels, and then the stock painted SV wheels, but after seeing yours, I'm torn. I like yours better than my SV stocks, but not sure if they beat the Pro-4X rims. I would love a set of the Pro-4X wheels on my SV, tire size and all. Heck, I'm almost ready to trade my 2014 SV in on a 2017 Pro-4X, just to get the wheels and other things I think I'd like. Almost. Probably won't, but it's a thought.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
If I did by aftermarket wheels, it would be like one of these.But until then,I will have to settle with these.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts