Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. New member here, but I have been lurking since December. Just got an 06 Nismo CC 4X4 at the end of January, and so far it is the finest vehicle I have ever owned. One thing that I have heard others complain about and it used to bug me a little too, is the monochromatic interior. I don't understand why Nissan chose not to put any contrast in this truck.

I am starting to get used to it, but what I really dont care much for is the doors. They are essentially one big giant piece of charcoal plastic on the inside. I have a couple of different ideas and some photoshopped pictures that I would like for you guys to comment on. I think the results look pretty good, but hey, what do I know, I am no interior designer. I am not even sure if I am still interested in attempting this, but I thought I would throw the idea out and see what you guys think.

The ideas essentially involve those with the charcoal interior trading parts with those with the gray interior. That is, providing that the door panels can actually be disassembled as shown. I have not had the door panels off, so I do not even know if any of these ideas are possible. Maybe someone can comment on that as well.

Anyway, please have a look at the pictures and please comment. Note that the colors are not completely accurate, but I did the best I could and you will get the general idea. (links should work now)

Again, feel free to comment and be honest. I can also e-mail the pictures if anyone is interested.

These are my favorites:

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/74074/cars-and-motors/nismo-seat-door.jpg
http://server4.pictiger.com/img/74075/cars-and-motors/se-le-seat-door.jpg

These are the same but without the matching seats:

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/74076/cars-and-motors/nismo-door.jpg
http://server4.pictiger.com/img/74077/cars-and-motors/se-le-door.jpg

These are a little different:

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/74078/cars-and-motors/coal-door-mod.jpg
http://server4.pictiger.com/img/74079/cars-and-motors/gray-door-mod.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, the links appear to be fixed. Dennis, thanks for the input. As I said, I am pretty much getting used to the interior now and I kind of like it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
im down to trade interiors, itd be nice to upgrade to leather... :lol:

i like my all dark interior, i need to get it scotch gaurded though
just orderd catch-all mats today

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I like picture 2 the best, I like the lighter colors. I would then take #4, #1, and last #3.
I like the #6 door panel best. I think if I could get it to work on my desert tan interior a
nice two tone would be great.

Good thinking, by the way.

DivaLisa, how about a womans viewpoint on this as I think you women tend to have
a better idea of what looks good on interior decorating.

OkieScot

·
Registered
361 Posts
I love #1. Really cool.

That is a very novel idea. Good show, pip pip cheerio and all.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. Glad I could be of help as I have certainly gained a lot from reading these forums.

As I said, I am not exactly certain if the first 4 options are even possible since I am not very familiar with how the door panels are put together. If anyone has any more information on that, please post up. I will take a closer look the first chance I get.

Likewise, I am not sure if the map pocket on the last 2 options is possible. Of course, on the last two options, the little piece behind the "door latch handle" could also be swapped out. I didn't think about that at the time I made the pictures.

One other idea I had was to buy 4 Nissan Emblems (the circle and bar like we have on the grill and tailgate) and put those on the interior of the doors about midway between the map pocket and the "door latch handle." The emblem on the tailgate is about the right size, but appears to attach with a couple of plastic pegs ... I would rather have the stick-on kind ... I think. I noticed that Courtesy has these emblems in black pearl, but they are expensive!

Anyway, my truck is only 2 months old, so I am not really ready to make any drastic changes just yet AND I have not decided which option I like the best. I know I will do something with the doors at some point, though I am not at all sure just what at this time. I will have to continue to think about it.

If any of you try any of these ideas, I SURE would appreciate it if you could post some pictures showing how it turned out.

OkieScot,

I only have 2 suggestions for the tan interior. I know that the charcoal has a brown tint to it in certain lighting conditions, so it just might look ok with the tan. Also, you could check the pathfinder and Xterra interiors to see if they happen to be a different shade of tan.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forgot to add that buying the "brushed aluminum?" pathfinder switch plates is also something I am considering.

By the way, I also photoshopped some pictures where the dashboard centerpiece and the console were swapped out to match the doors, but in the end, I just did not really care for the look of it. But, if any of you want to see them I can e-mail them to you.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've got to agree with Okie on the viewpoints. You did a nice job with the photochop.

Admittedly, I'm kinda fond of the charcoal interior just the way it is. Leather would have been a nice touch . . . but that's down the road a ways yet.

Enjoy your truck!

OkieScot said:
I like picture 2 the best, I like the lighter colors. I would then take #4, #1, and last #3.
I like the #6 door panel best. I think if I could get it to work on my desert tan interior a
nice two tone would be great.

Good thinking, by the way.

DivaLisa, how about a womans viewpoint on this as I think you women tend to have
a better idea of what looks good on interior decorating.

OkieScot

1 - 12 of 12 Posts