1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,808 Posts
Quality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's not a difficult decision to some but others like to consider where their money and labor go before altering their vehicles or any other valued commodity in their lives.

William, good question. I did put some thought into what I wanted and why before I pulled the trigger. Quality, brand, appearance, cost, value, power consumed, ease of installation, location of install, warranty and predicted life expectancy, luminosity, legality. A lot, right?
Does the addition of lighting serve my purpose and does it add value to the vehicle? Is it something I can install myself and easily replace if needed? Are the lights energy efficient? Is there feedback from owners suggesting the lights are going to cause a problem with my electrical system?

There are so many light bars on the market now then even five years ago and it's difficult to tell features of one from another. After I did my research about 2 years ago I decided to go with Nilight LEDs and installed them myself on the Weston bully bar up front. Instead of one continuous wide bar (some are curved to widen lighting angle) I opted to go with 2 short spotlights and 2 short floodlights, about 3 inches wide allowing for easy adjustability. It also looks really sharp on that bully bar and is a good combination of light dispersion for my use. I'll try to attach a pic later.

Amazon has these dirt cheap but if you look at the video from the manufacturer within the Amazon post, you'll be amazed seeing how they literally tried their best to destroy the lights and found it nearly impossible to do so. That swayed me big time. Make sure you get a power harness to go along with, with as many leads as you have lights, as well as an inline fuse for circuit protection. It's really easy to install actually.
I mentioned legality because rarely if ever are any of these aftermarket lights approved for on-road use, but when traveling down a dark rural road at night with no one coming the opposite direction, my lights will turn night into day. I'm confident the bully bar and LEDs would survive a deer collision, I don't believe the deer or my windshield would be so lucky. So it's always good the spot them from a distance, pull over and politely ask to have them over for dinner. I'll be serving venison with some fava beans and a nice Chianti, slurpslurpslurp!!!

Or there's always option 2.... Care not if they're damaged or stolen, they're cheap and easily replaced. Problem solved.
Gotta admit, I do admire Baj's simplified decision making though.

·
Registered
702 Posts
We happen to carry Grote products (no, I don't sell retail) and they have light bars with a pre-wired harness. Power, ground, relay & switch with split loom covering the whole setup. It's not cheap stuff, but man, that harness is very well built & the light bars are very good quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What do you guys value most when you prepare to choose a LED light bar for Frontier?
Maybe you should consider Lumens,Beam Pattern,IP Rating,Housing,Wattage and so on.I don’t want to be misunderstood by others, but I have to say that this light bar fits perfectly with my Xterra.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
o some but other
It's not a difficult decision to some but others like to consider where their money and labor go before altering their vehicles or any other valued commodity in their lives.

William, good question. I did put some thought into what I wanted and why before I pulled the trigger. Quality, brand, appearance, cost, value, power consumed, ease of installation, location of install, warranty and predicted life expectancy, luminosity, legality. A lot, right?
Does the addition of lighting serve my purpose and does it add value to the vehicle? Is it something I can install myself and easily replace if needed? Are the lights energy efficient? Is there feedback from owners suggesting the lights are going to cause a problem with my electrical system?

There are so many light bars on the market now then even five years ago and it's difficult to tell features of one from another. After I did my research about 2 years ago I decided to go with Nilight LEDs and installed them myself on the Weston bully bar up front. Instead of one continuous wide bar (some are curved to widen lighting angle) I opted to go with 2 short spotlights and 2 short floodlights, about 3 inches wide allowing for easy adjustability. It also looks really sharp on that bully bar and is a good combination of light dispersion for my use. I'll try to attach a pic later.

Amazon has these dirt cheap but if you look at the video from the manufacturer within the Amazon post, you'll be amazed seeing how they literally tried their best to destroy the lights and found it nearly impossible to do so. That swayed me big time. Make sure you get a power harness to go along with, with as many leads as you have lights, as well as an inline fuse for circuit protection. It's really easy to install actually.
I mentioned legality because rarely if ever are any of these aftermarket lights approved for on-road use, but when traveling down a dark rural road at night with no one coming the opposite direction, my lights will turn night into day. I'm confident the bully bar and LEDs would survive a deer collision, I don't believe the deer or my windshield would be so lucky. So it's always good the spot them from a distance, pull over and politely ask to have them over for dinner. I'll be serving venison with some fava beans and a nice Chianti, slurpslurpslurp!!!

Or there's always option 2.... Care not if they're damaged or stolen, they're cheap and easily replaced. Problem solved.
Gotta admit, I do admire Baj's simplified decision making though.
Good advice . Bro

·
Registered
3 Posts
nice set-up
I get it on Amazon store :https://amzn.to/32gkcm1 which offers a 2 years warranty.Anyway ,I do think Rigid and Baja are famous brand, however they are quite expensive,the usage lifespan is yet to be discussed. In the mean time some of my friend complain about the Rigid and Baja .So why don’t you buy a light bar which is better-performance, good-quality ,less expensive than Baja ?

·
Premium Member
4,808 Posts
I get it on Amazon store :https://amzn.to/32gkcm1 which offers a 2 years warranty.Anyway ,I do think Rigid and Baja are famous brand, however they are quite expensive,the usage lifespan is yet to be discussed. In the mean time some of my friend complain about the Rigid and Baja .So why don’t you buy a light bar which is better-performance, good-quality ,less expensive than Baja ?
Dude - way too obvious you work for 4WDKING.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Performance and reliability.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts